/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Food, Food, Food & Pork

Nate
09-20-2011, 05:55 PM
I have been doing good at getting the diet down, but like today I find a slip without even thinking, I was out for a walk and walked in to a Sonic and bought a hotdog and started walking home, took one bit and spit it out, and laughed at myself LOL any words of advice.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riana17
09-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Subhanallah

Are you Muslim now? I remember you were Christian?

Oh Masha Allah I am in New Muslim Section!!!

Mabrook Mabrook, May Allah guide you forever Amen !!!

Okay for the issue, if you are ex Christian this is good to remember

Leviticus 11:8 You must not eat their meat nor touch their meat for they're unclean for you

Alpha Dude
09-20-2011, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nate
I was out for a walk and walked in to a Sonic and bought a hotdog

جوري
09-20-2011, 08:13 PM
I didn't always keep a halal diet unfortunately but used to get sick eating out alot.. one time I was in va. with my friend and they've this hugggggge mall there, the bottom floor was just an open food court that went on forever.. and I saw this man eating yogurt and thought him crazy, a whole world of food courts in front of him and he's eating yogurt? anyhow my friend was fond of this 'orange chicken' so we got two orders of that, shopped & headed home.. while driving back to DC I got as sick as a dog I asked her to take over the wheel.. and on the way home just kept thinking of how wise that man with his yogurt for having such foresight .. moral of this long sordid story is pack your own food.. it is lighter on your wallet, better for your stomach and pleases your lord..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
joyous fairy
09-20-2011, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude

lol!

Whenever you eat, try and think about whether it is suitable for vegetarians, or whether its halal. Whenever I'm eating out, I have to think about things like this because Ive always had to.

What is it that you have trouble with though? The fact that you used to eat it before and its hard to give up, or is it that you forget what is allowed and what isnt?

Nate
09-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Im learning a lot about it, like my gummie vitamins "pork" back to bed pan bullets LOL

Giving up all this has not been bad, just having to learn whats stuff made out of, I should have been doing that more anyways :hmm:

Abz2000
09-20-2011, 08:48 PM
They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst,
eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.
Isaiah 66:17

جوري
09-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Im learning a lot about it, like my gummie vitamins "pork" back to bed pan bullets LOL

Giving up all this has not been bad, just having to learn whats stuff made out of, I should have been doing that more anyways :hmm:
I get my vitamins from this site:
http://www.vitacost.com/?csrc=PPCADW...r=GO7543481291

they've amazing discounts, kosher and vegetarian capsules..

:w:

Nate
09-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Im learning a lot about it, like my gummie vitamins "pork" back to bed pan bullets LOL<br><br>&nbsp; Giving up all this has not been bad, just having to learn whats stuff made out of, I should have been doing that more anyways

Nate
09-20-2011, 09:31 PM
sorry delayed double post didnt relieze I hit post before ^o)

ayesha.ansari
09-28-2011, 05:21 AM
Thank GOD ALHAMDULLIAH i am a Muslim and eat all clean food and things.

Marina-Aisha
11-08-2011, 04:40 PM
oh my kinda happened to me i was pregnant with my second baby(mustafa) any ways i bought this chicken wrap before i was bout to eat it i checked if they put any pork( i forgot to ask) and there was bacon in it! i think u just have to double check before u eat things because some non muslims like to pork everywhere especially sandwiches which i love to eat!

SFatima
11-08-2011, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tomato

I loved sonic the hedgehog :D

Nate
11-08-2011, 08:35 PM
I have saved alot of money not eating out, everything has bacon in it nowadays. I love ham and bacon so I eat turkey legs, taste like ham LOL

جوري
11-08-2011, 08:47 PM
I have saved alot of money not eating out, everything has bacon in it nowadays. I love ham and bacon so I eat turkey legs, taste like ham LOL
You noticed that too? I've been wondering why there's a pig overload, I can't turn on a cooking channel or any food related commercial without that animal being on the menu or part component. So I chuck it to an economy related issue, it is meat, it is cheap and abundant.. I really can't make much sense out of it. I mean I saw them cooking pig butt and belly.. can it get any more disgusting? Why would anyone eat a butt of any animal? +o(

Nate
11-08-2011, 09:06 PM
down walk into a Mexican meat market it gets bad LOL I grew up in California and wow

جوري
11-08-2011, 09:13 PM
well yeah I am aware that they eat snout and tongue and all.. ugh ugh ugh ugh

Marina-Aisha
11-08-2011, 09:28 PM
i thought was just me(maybe cos ive always eaten pork i didnt realised how many food has it) seems everything has pork lately..

Huzzy_786
11-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Not sure if they have it in any other town but in my town we have a HMC organization.

HMC was born essentially out of one concern and one concern only; to be able to provide assurance that we are eating genuine Halal, not just “because it says Halal… it must be Halal!"

http://www.halalmc.co.uk/

I
f my local take-away shop has the HMC certificate I'll buy from them, end of.

Marina-Aisha
11-08-2011, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
Not sure if they have it in any other town but in my town we have a HMC organization.

HMC was born essentially out of one concern and one concern only; to be able to provide assurance that we are eating genuine Halal, not just “because it says Halal… it must be Halal!"

http://www.halalmc.co.uk/

If my local take-away shop has the HMC certificate I'll buy from them, end of.
thats a great site thank you

Huzzy_786
11-08-2011, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
thats a great site thank you
Barakaallah! If you go deep inside the website they also have a list of those shops which are HMC certified.

Marina-Aisha
11-08-2011, 09:59 PM
yea thats were i went, shows all the shops..cos to be honest some halal shops dont look soo clean...nw i know where i can go thanx

Ramadhan
11-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Here in Indonesia there are beef bacon. It's beef but processed to resemble bacon in shape and taste.

Marina-Aisha
11-08-2011, 10:36 PM
oh my! where can i get this beef bacon?

Insaanah
11-08-2011, 10:38 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
Here in Indonesia there are beef bacon. It's beef but processed to resemble bacon in shape and taste.
Do Muslims eat it? Surely you wouldn't want to know what bacon tastes like, or even to have a similar taste in your mouth?

I remember once, travelling on a plane, and one of the meals looked like slices of ham. They said it was chicken ham, but many of the passengers complained, and didn't eat it, and had no desire to eat anything that even looked like pig.

I wonder why us Muslims must try to imitate non-Muslims, even down to making our food look (and it seems taste) like pig.

Edit: Just found this, which says that to eat pig flavoured food is at least makrooh: http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/82116/taste%20pork

syed1
11-08-2011, 11:02 PM
to answer a sisters question on here about why would any one eat pig stomach or butt. Ill answer with another question... why would any one eat cow liver or brain or foot ( mugaz, kalagi, paya ) etc. all parts of the body have there own unqiue taste which some people like..

Keep in mind that in some countries suich as China they eat live frog hearts and or dogs mmmm yumm (+o(

جوري
11-08-2011, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
to answer a sisters question on here about why would any one eat pig stomach or butt. Ill answer with another question... why would any one eat cow liver or brain or foot ( mugaz, kalagi, paya ) etc. all parts of the body have there own unqiue taste which some people like..

Keep in mind that in some countries suich as China they eat live frog hearts and or dogs mmmm yumm (+o(
I don't want to know I don't want to know gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh +o(
I'll say one thing about liver though, it is a good source of iron during pregnancy .. some people resort to eating dirt because they're missing minerals it is called Pica.. so they crave strange foods like liver.. I still can't imagine anyone without being subjected to some torture to willingly consciously & freely eat the afore mentioned :skeleton:

Samiun
11-09-2011, 02:13 AM
:sl: For those living in UK, is lucozade and ribena halal to drink?

Ramadhan
11-09-2011, 07:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
Do Muslims eat it? Surely you wouldn't want to know what bacon tastes like, or even to have a similar taste in your mouth?
Those beef bacon are not common. AFAIK, they are served in fancy restaurants or five star hotels only as they are quite pricey.

Huzzy_786
11-09-2011, 08:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
:sl: For those living in UK, is lucozade and ribena halal to drink?
A leading British organisation on Islamic law has issued a fatwa on Lucozade, saying Muslims can drink the soft drink despite it containing alcohol.
For the rest click the following link.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/au...n.foodanddrink

serena77
12-22-2011, 12:12 AM
can we go back to the beef bacon? while I can see why it would be odd for those who haven't ever eaten pork products to want something that resembles pork. for those of us that have reverted ... or just reverted even... it may be something we grew up w/ all over the place. Turkey bacon, while healthy is just plan ... well lets just say it doesn't taste like bacon. also since i'm not able to exactly be out in the open on reverting, i try and use things that are good as a substitute.. easier said than done at times, but so far Allah (swt) has kept dinner from being bacon, ham or sausage.... a friend of mine in the states actually mentioned the beef bacon today too.. which is another reason why i'm curious.

Serena

syilla
12-28-2011, 01:11 AM
it really about a good habit and practice. Since 2008 halal certified is been produced malaysian muslims mostly are obsessed with halal certified so everything need to be halal certified. i mean even cosmetic products, toothpaste, leather products and etc. Eventhough we went to indonesia...we still questioned about the halal food (and i just came back from there and all of my tour members total 29 all got diarrhea ...lol talking about eating strictly halal ;D).

Next year will be a new dimension since next year onwards no other company can do halal logo ( we have cases where they did halal but actually have DNA pig in the instant coffee).

Malaysian even created dna pig detector very fast and quite accurate ( i was wondering if i can test my blood since i've learnt that pig dna cannot be destroy once it is in your body +o( ) so there are cases even the company example Tabascos sauce is halal certified they still contained pig dna. so now most of the supermarket is to ban or to acknowledge that the product is not halal.

Karimah
02-11-2012, 12:31 AM
I am a revert and I will admit I miss bacon... :( but it is not healthy anyways so I know I am better off without it. One less source of fat in my diet.

Amat Allah
02-11-2012, 11:49 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-eat-pork.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-pork-why.html

Marina-Aisha
03-05-2012, 08:33 PM
I have to say that turkey rashes( bacon as u call it) is just the same, I looooove it. I found it in some Islamic market shop. And asda does halal lamb sauages there yummy too :)

Nate
03-05-2012, 09:44 PM
my local Halal Mart has Beef Bacon and its SO much better that pork bacon,

Marina-Aisha
03-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Oh I'm soo jealous hahaha I wanna try it :) and subway do this halal breakfast sandwich with either egg and turkey rashes or egg and turkey sauages it's delicious :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!