/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Problems at home

Jedi_Mindset
09-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Assalam Alaikum

i wanted to share this tough, because i have very big problems with this. If you see my post in the introduction section, i want to revert to islam to but the situation here is worse. Many prejudices about islam, (My father doesn't like it, my brother doesn't like it to) My mom would accept it, because i told here already but she has also prejudices about islam. I pray for them to be guided to the right path. Ameen. Also it's the family who are against islam, this stops really my reverting. Can anyone give me tips, because it's really worrying me. I don't want to lose my family(If it's my fate, then i would accept it) And even tough if i reverted, i can do very little here at home :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
09-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Subhaan Allah brother, Many brothers and sisters here can give good advice.

I will say this to start off: Allah SWT knows what is in your heart. And therefore, though you find it difficult to revert right now - know that you are not decreasing in reward because you are unable to revert. Instead, Allah is the Most Generous, The Bountiful, and HE increases you in reward for having to suffer silently. Be patient (sabr) and hold tight to the rope of Allah. Ameen.

Sooner or later, an avenue will appear before you, a sign for you to understand that the time has come for you to take shahadah. And when it appears, you will know by the opportunity afforded by it. Allah is the All Hearing, All Knowing.

Remember also, that pre-Hijra (before migration to Medina), many Muslims had to take their Shahada in secret - and also, in pre-Hijra, there was no shariah law, so there was no salat (worshipping 5 times a day) either. The shariah came after Hijra, and by that time - the Sahabi RA (companions) had attained such love for Allah SWT and HIS nabi Muhammad pbuh, that they "wanted" to worship Allah. It is after that time that Salah was made obligatory...

...So, in essence, you can still take your shahada in secret, and when the right time comes, you can make salah too.

Also, the one who is learning to read - gets twice the reward for reading when compared to someone who already knows how to read.

Just some things to think about. I have confidence that you will find your way into Islam, insha-Allah. But I maintain, that in my heart - I already count you as a Muslim, Alhamdulillah.

Jedi_Mindset
09-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Insha'Allah bro, May Allah(SWT) reward you for helping people. Ameen. Will try to do it secretly Insha'Allah but about praying, i'll do Dua's and Zhikr Insha'Allah.

Scimitar
09-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Bro, there is no hurry... In your own time, OK? :sunny:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jedi_Mindset
09-27-2011, 05:38 PM
When it's Allahs will ;) Sabr is the key.

Scimitar
09-27-2011, 05:40 PM
In the meantime, read some of the stories of members who reverted to Islam - these will help you to relate your problem through what they have experienced, and maybe take some benefit from the way they overcame these problems/issues.

Jedi_Mindset
09-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Yes bro will do that Insha'Allah. Thanks for helping :)

جوري
09-27-2011, 05:55 PM
keep your Islam to yourself akhi, pray that Allah swt guides your family, and wait until you're old enough to be your own man to declare it to the world. Allah swt knows your heart and you can perform your rituals without involving your family.. just between you & God for now..
and well the rest of us for moral support insha'Allah

:w:

Silent Peace
09-29-2011, 08:09 PM
May Allah guide all of us, all Muslims, all people. Ameen.
Brother don't loose patience and keep praying for your parents to be guided Insha'Allah.
There are some problems in my family too,but not like your situation.
But with Sabr can overcome this.

ArcherofIslam
09-30-2011, 02:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
When it's Allahs will ;) Sabr is the key.
Assalamu Alaykum brother,

yes MashAllah :), Sabr is the key, its the most useful and wisest key to all things, as well as faith :). Insha'Allah your condition gets better for you to revert to Islam. Brother Scimitar is a great person to listen to, and MashAllah your a jedi for real for listening to his intelligent advice. :) MashAllah

Assalamu Alaykum,
ArcherofIslam

highway4
09-30-2011, 10:56 AM
assalamu alaikum,
Having patience, increasing your knowledge to strengthen your iman (faith) and having trust in Allah swt is very important...you remind me of the struggles and difficulties when i reverted...
Seek answers to the questions you may have...even if they seem silly :statisfie Take it day by day and at your own pace

Dear brother if you sincerely believe in the oneness of Allah(swt), in all His messengers, his revelations, his angels, in destiny and the day of judgement then you are a Muslim.... Allah (swt) sees what is in your heart....

Ask him for help and guidance at times of distress....

InshAllah may Allah swt reward you for you patience...Ameen

Signor
09-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Assalamo Alaikum,

“With Him are the keys of the invisible. None but He knows them. And He knows what is in the land and the sea. Not a leaf falls, but he knows it, not a grain amid the darkness of the earth, nor anything green or withered but is recorded in a clear Book”. (Surah al-An’am, 6:59)

“They said: Do we have any say in the matter? Muhammad, tell them: All matters belong to Allah. They try to bide within themselves what they do not reveal to you, saying: Had we had the matter in our hands, we would not have been slain there. Say: Even though you had been in your houses, those appointed to be slain would have been slain by your sworn enemies while you were in your beds”. (Surah Ale Imran, 3:154)

“We hold the store of every thing and we send it down in an appointed measure”. (Surah al-Hijri, 15:21)

“Allah has set a measure for all things”. (Surah al-Talaq, 65:2)

“Surely We created everything by measure”. (Surah al-Qamar, 54:49)

“Then it is for Allah to have in error whom He will and to guide whom He pleases. He is the Mighty, the Wise”. (Surah Ibrahim, 14:4)

“Say: Allah! Owner of Sovereignty! You bestow sovereignty on whomever you will and you withdraw from whomever you will. In your Hand is all that is good. No doubt you have power to do everything”. (Surah Ale Imran, 3:26)

My opinion is that you should not cut the ties with your family because if you do that they will feel that their son has been made hostile by Islam.Pray for you family so do i.Try to show them the true Islam not what media propagates,Remember its your actions that will speaks louder.

Regards

InsaneIcon

Jedi_Mindset
10-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks all for the help, May Allah reward you all for this good deed. Ameen :)

Ansariyah
10-01-2011, 06:19 PM
I will keep you in my duas brother. In the meanwhile keep it a secret, keep reading and don't let your family bring you down. Spend time with your friends and try not to stress about things. Allah is with you InshaAllah he will look out for you I'm sure.

And if there's anything at all we can do, please let us know. Come here and talk to us:)

May ALlah protect you, Bless you and continue to increase you in Imaan ameen.

Jedi_Mindset
10-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Ameen to your dua's :) Alhamdulillah that you guys are helping me :)

Who Am I?
10-05-2011, 06:00 PM
:sl:

I am in a similar situation as yours, so I understand. My parents hold a dim view of Islam and I have not yet told them of my conversion. I told them that I have been studying Islam and that is all. They weren't really happy about that but I explained to them that I am simply trying to better myself and better my life and become the man I am supposed to be.

Maybe you could explain it like that. Islam makes me want to become a better man. I understand things that I never understood before Islam. It has made me more self-aware.

My goal is to show my parents through my words and deeds that I am a better man, and inshallah they will understand that once I finally do tell them.

Skillganon
10-08-2011, 04:10 AM
Go ahead and revert. Like Highway for said. If you said the Shahadah in your heart and believe you are already a muslim. If you can, go to a mosque, there is support their that you won't find on your own. If there is a genuine fear from your family then keep it under the radar until your old enough and feel ready, otherwise tell them.

Remember the best dawah is one by example, change their mind by showing how Islam changed you for the better. Of course for that they have to know you are a muslim. As to when is the best time to reveal your Islam to them, this is something you have to decide.

ayesha.ansari
10-10-2011, 05:21 AM
Take your time to collect courage inside you. but be brave dear. this is the best religion that will judge you with many trials but if your keep your faith firm then you will never be alone.

Signor
10-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Bro,we are willing to share everything we know,so don't be hesitated at any moment,Insha'Allah you will pas this test with patience and help of Allah

regards

InsaneIcon

Sunnie Ameena
10-11-2011, 04:34 PM
I will make dua for you and your family.

Signor
10-12-2011, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie
I will make dua for you and your family.
Me Too

Regards

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!