/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Burying my cat

karimium
09-28-2011, 04:57 PM
My cat may be nearing the end of his life, I want to know how I can dispose of his corpse when he's finished.

I plan to bury him around 2 ft deep in the garden. I don't know of any hadith that deal with the death of pet animals, so I will just lay him on his side with his face towards the Qibla as is customary for muslims [humans].

But I'm well aware of bidah, and the fact that you cannot follow acts of worship without clear proof from Quran and Sunnah with all manners relating to the Ghaib [unseen].

So I would like some clarification because burying a cat close to how you might bury human muslims may be bidah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maryan0
10-01-2011, 02:11 AM
I don't think it matters whether you bury them or not or how you do it, although burying a dead animal would be the decent thing to do. Sorry about your cat. Inshallah someone with more knowledge replies...This all I could find ( I looked it up on google):hmm::
Burying animals after they die

I want to ask you about vermin such like snakes and other insects. If Allah gives me the power to kill it, should I bury it or leave it on the ground?.

Praise be to Allaah.
The matter is broad in scope, because there is no text of sharee’ah which states that it is prescribed to bury them or that doing so is forbidden. It is better to bury them lest anyone be harmed or bothered by them.

And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessing and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions. End quote.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ib nQa’ood

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta, 8/444

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/105365
Salam

جوري
10-01-2011, 02:43 AM
They have places where they take care of that. I think it is best to use them because there are in fact state laws against holding on to dead animals (until you figure out what to do) they might fine you or something...

m2p
10-01-2011, 11:26 AM
i found this when i searched it on a islam Q&A site

Question :
"I want to ask you about vermin such like snakes and other insects. If Allah gives me the power to kill it, should I bury it or leave it on the ground?.

Answer :
Praise be to Allaah.The matter is broad in scope, because there is no text of sharee’ah which states that it is prescribed to bury them or that doing so is forbidden. It is better to bury them lest anyone be harmed or bothered by them.
And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessing and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions. End quote.
Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ib nQa’ood

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta, 8/444"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
m2p
10-01-2011, 11:27 AM
also ive heard that the umbilical cord of a mother should be buried after giving birth so if dead skin deserves burial im sure an animal should be buried

Kitsune92
10-02-2011, 11:55 PM
One of the reasons I've never wanted a pet is because i dont' think i'd be able to deal with their passing very well... :(

Endymion
10-03-2011, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kitsune92
One of the reasons I've never wanted a pet is because i dont' think i'd be able to deal with their passing very well... :(
Yup,we dealt with such a situation once and it was truly sad imsad

Few years before we bought a pair of Parrots.We did'nt know that the person who sold those birds to us cut off their wings so they wont be able to run away :skeleton:
The male parrot was a bit shy and slow but the female was a little elder and very smart.All the time she tried to escape.Once we forgot to lock the cage and she parrot ran away.She was able to fly but wont be able to go too far,but she ran.After her escape,the male parrot stopped eating.We tried to console him by having another parrot but he did'nt feel alright.After a few days,he was even unable to walk.And the day when he died was truly a sad day.We all kids and my mom were trying to feed him but he was just standing in the corner of the cage and then he fell down.At the time came he was almost gonna die and we had a very serious programme to mourn over our parrot,some guests arrived and just after that,some others arrive as well.This sudden arrival of guests divert our attention and we all just went sad and post pond the mourning programme :cry:

Thanks to our guests who saved us from a deep sorrow but that was truly a sad moment for us and after that,we never buy any more birds :hmm:

Ali_008
10-06-2011, 07:41 AM
My cat was murdered by stray dogs a month and half ago, it was a very painful time for my family. The corpse was lying on the road and the cleaners had just swiped the corpse to the side of the road, temporarily. I asked my locality's masjid's Imam whether burying an animal is allowed. He said there's nothing particularly mentioned like this in the Holy texts. He added that if I do bury it, it'll prevent the corpse from decaying openly and it's stink reaching others. So he said it'll be like a public service and Allah will reward me for it inshAllah. I took that advice and buried my little kitten near a milestone in front of my house.

ardianto
11-10-2011, 07:31 AM
There was a religious brother who worked in my office. He is an ahl hadith.

One day, we found a dead cat beside the office. So, I ordered the office boy to bury that dead cat. But suddenly this religious brother told the office boy "Don't bury that dead cat under the tree". I asked him why, and he told me "There is a hadith that forbid us to bury dead animal under the tree".

That's what I have heard from this ahl hadith brother.

Abz2000
11-10-2011, 09:24 AM
the tree roots absorb the stuff directly which can't be a good thing since it's not fully composted yet,
My brother in law sprinkled sugar under the grape vine and they turned out sweet this year.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!