PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of Belly fat? Men and women

ayan333
10-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Salaamu alaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jedi_Mindset
10-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Train/fitness everyday (Sit ups and taking a run). I'm doing 200 sit ups everyday, but start first with 100.

25, rest(15-20 sec) then another 25, rest(15-20 sec) then do 20, rest, another 20, rest and then do the last 10.
hold this for a month, and then u can start with 200 sit ups. Then the 3rd month 300 sit ups and so on. Before u do the sit ups, do a warming up. Like a sprint or jog. U'll get rid of your fat belly in a few months Insha'Allah.

Just start bro, this is the hardest part. but when u start, then you've done the hardest thing also eat less food with much fat. Eat more vegies and fruits.

.iman.
10-15-2011, 02:55 AM
wa 3laykoum salaam

I agree with the above post, good advice. I also wanted to point out the fact that doing just sit ups won't get rid of the fat... it will just tone your muscles underneath. You have to do cardio to actually burn the fat. Also, there isn't anyway to "spot" treat, such as tummy, hips, thighs, whatever the problem area is. When you lose weight, it comes off all over. Cardio + toning (such as weight training, sit ups, push ups) combined with eating healthy, balanced meals, you will lose weight and tone up. Best of luck!

Jedi_Mindset
10-15-2011, 10:15 AM
That's why i said that u need to take a run before doing the sit ups ^^

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
.iman.
10-15-2011, 04:33 PM
oops, missed that part!

Salahudeen
10-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Do cardio and watch your calorie intake, calculate how many calories your body needs on a daily basis then deduct about 300 and then you'll be in a calorie deficit and should lose weight with cardio. Stomach exercises will make your stomach flat I think but the fat will still be there, I know when I did stomach exercises my stomach went flat instead of protruding out, however all the fat was still sitting there on top so cardio got rid of it whilst watching my calories. Make sure you get good healthy calories and eat small meals, never eat to your full at one sitting, all ways leave room in your stomach for water and air.

There's no easy way to do it, you just have to make exercise apart of your routine if you want to stay slim. I don't think humans were designed to lead sedentary life styles that's why we look and feel our best when we have active lives.

Jedi_Mindset
10-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Don't lose all fat lol u need some ;)

GuestFellow
10-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Careful not to lose weight too quickly. I heard some people get excess skin... :skeleton:

Jedi_Mindset
10-16-2011, 04:57 PM
True just have patience. it will take a few months but u'll get there. Insha'Allah. take a run or other cardio trainings, rope jumping is a very good one to. Then do the sit ups. Also eat vegies and fruits, and if you want something sweet, honey would do good.

peace_maker
10-16-2011, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
I'm doing 200 sit ups everyday, but start first with 100.
200?! I remember when I started with a fitness plan and included sit-ups in it. Think I started with 20-35 and the other day I couldn't walk. My legs were all sprinted, I was walking like a bot!!

Scimitar
10-16-2011, 05:17 PM
I taught bro Jedi he correct method to get up to 100 situps in your first try.

The most important thing is your warm up (start with stretches for a full 5 mins then a good run will help, and get oxygen to go where it needs to go) - You have tire yourself out slightly, take a break for a minute or two then start with the situps. do 4 sets of 25 situps with a 1 minute break in between. Do it everyday for a month, but for the first week only do this on alternative days. This will help your muscles to recover... also, don't forget to have the necessary amount of water (2 litres a day) stay off the fizzpop, and eat meat only around once or twice a week. This is paramount. The whole purpose is not to just look aesthetically pleasing, but to build real core strength.

Considering bro Jedi is 6ft4inches tall - he managed to heft his weight with this method. He's now up to 200 situps a day, like he mentioned before and now, his stomach is firming up quite nicely and soon insha-Allah, in another 2 months, he'll be ripped into a six pack.... next month, he'll be doing 300 a day, and continue like that for as long as he can. No more than 300 situps though. That's the limit I impose. After that, if he still has energy, I'll give him some other exercises to do. Or increase his superman reps and make him run on natural terrain to build further core strength.

The stomach is a very important part of your body, it's where all your core strength comes from.

.iman.
10-17-2011, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Careful not to lose weight too quickly. I heard some people get excess skin...
Good point! The recommendation is 1-2 lbs a week (500-900 g). If you lose it too quickly then you may end up with loose skin, and you are more likely to gain it back.

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
The stomach is a very important part of your body, it's where all your core strength comes from.
Also very good point. I noticed when I started doing sit ups that I had a lot less lower back pain. :thumbs_up

Jedi_Mindset
10-17-2011, 01:39 PM
It depends also how fat you are. in case of excess skin.. When you just have a belly you can train it off as many as you can ;) But in case of being fat then yes. In my case i have just a belly i wasn't fat or something. But it's firming up nicely now. Now i need to get rid of the rest of my fat and then bam six pack. It's not to show off or something but as Scimitar said for my core strenght ;) Also it's not good either to lose all of you fat lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!