/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Just a general thought/rant

alluminati
10-15-2011, 09:14 PM
But our past is our most bitter medicine, taste the bitterness of it! All the "good" times (at least from my point of view) are the most superficial of fruits, they look decievingly good but as we look back we are haunted and it feels bitter, very bitter indeed. It is all the suffering we forget that really are our good fruits, because they become a part of us and help us shape our understanding and allow us to learn humility, it is all the celebrated moments of "I wish i could redo that again" that haunt us, simply because its a decieving fruit, a deception of the devil; you remember the past but you forget God! It is a grand trick, nostalgia to entertainment reveals the true colours of the world, it makes people bitter. Those who suffer the most peace be with them, and learn are whom we should look for, it is something i understand now, those who live in the West have been robbed of something very important, the ability to suffer and learn, where are they when the world is in trouble? At home watching television, where are they when millions are starving? Outside playing and eating. Where are they when disaster strikes? Outside, getting drunk with pleasure and idling. Where are they when disasters strikes them? At home, cursing and praying for their own safety, fearful for their own comforts, for the pleasures they have may be robbed. Where are they when the man on the street begs? Walking by shutting out all the pains and suffering in the world. It is ironic, as children people are robbed and as adults they rob themselves and their children! As for suffering, it is a fruit often spoken of yet seldom eaten, and those who truly suffer do not profess it, as for those who claim to suffer, they eat their own fruits of deception!

How do I know? I tasted the fruits I grew in my heart and mind, and they didnt taste very good.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-15-2011, 09:31 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

That was amazing. A good reminder for each and everyone of us to reflect upon.

This struck me..

format_quote Originally Posted by alluminati
where are they when the world is in trouble? At home watching television, where are they when millions are starving? Outside playing and eating. Where are they when disaster strikes? Outside, getting drunk with pleasure and idling. Where are they when disasters strikes them? At home, cursing and praying for their own safety, fearful for their own comforts, for the pleasures they have may be robbed. Where are they when the man on the street begs? Walking by shutting out all the pains and suffering in the world.
It is sad that we are sometimes soo caught up with this dunya.

may Allaah save us from the torment of the hellfire and ease the affairs of the oppressed and Ummah as a whole Aameen

Jazakallaahu Khaayr for sharing.

.iman.
10-15-2011, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alluminati
All the "good" times (at least from my point of view) are the most superficial of fruits, they look decievingly good but as we look back we are haunted and it feels bitter, very bitter indeed. It is all the suffering we forget that really are our good fruits, because they become a part of us and help us shape our understanding and allow us to learn humility, it is all the celebrated moments of "I wish i could redo that again" that haunt us, simply because its a decieving fruit, a deception of the devil; you remember the past but you forget God!
Brother, you speak the truth. Unfortunately, we let our past haunt us. For some people (including myself) it is almost crippling, and it holds you back for what you could become, or what you could do because of past failures. When I think of the moments when I was happiest, it always involved something from my past that I won't allow myself to get over. I always compare it to how my life is now and like you said, it has turned me bitter. May Allah guide us and prevent us from attaching too much to this dunya.

alluminati
10-17-2011, 04:47 AM
A question for those who have wisdom: why is it that whenever you apologize for something that you felt bad for, you feel kind of worse after apologizing?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
.iman.
10-18-2011, 10:16 PM
I don't consider myself someone with lots of "wisdom", but maybe my thoughts can help answer your question.

To me, when you apologize for something (I am talking about a true apology not just "sorry", but something that you regret and is heartfelt)- you feel bad because you have to admit to yourself that you messed up, and that because of your actions, someone was hurt. It takes a lot of courage for someone to admit that they were wrong, and to face the consequences. You not only regret what you did, but you have to accept the responsibility of what you say/did, then find a way to fix it afterwards, and depending upon how severe it was, it may take a lot of time to rebuild after. Once you genuinely repent to Allah SWT, make dou3a that he will empty your heart from the sadness and regret, and He will fill it with love and kindness.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!