/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have you got a pet?

GuestFellow
10-24-2011, 09:03 PM
:sl:

I do. :)

It's a cockatiel. Looks like this:

It was scared when I first bought the bird. After a week, it left the cage and sat on top of it all day. Then after a few weeks, it became very tame and stays outside the cage all day, except when I have to go to sleep. It has a annoying habit of biting everything, though it does make a useful paper shredder. :p: In the morning, it starts whistling, flaps his wings and glares at the mirror....

They are not very hard to look after.

I may have to get another one if I find a proper full time job. :/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
.iman.
10-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Yes, I have a cat (well technically it's my mom's cat) she looks a lot like this:

Attachment 4398

Who Am I?
10-25-2011, 04:29 PM

If I had a bird like that, I'd be too tempted to teach it to curse and whistle at girls. ;D

So, no bird for me.

Endymion
10-25-2011, 04:29 PM
The bird is lovely :statisfie

Will you roast it in the end :skeleton:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
10-25-2011, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines

If I had a bird like that, I'd be too tempted to teach it to curse and whistle at girls. ;D

So, no bird for me.
:wa:

Your naughty. :p:

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
The bird is lovely :statisfie

Will you roast it in the end :skeleton:
No. :)

I named it gluttony....

@.iman.

What is it like to keep a cat?

.iman.
10-25-2011, 04:42 PM
LOL @ Endymion!

Keeping a cat is fairly easy, actually. When they are kittens you have to be careful to potty train them (just keep showing them the litter box) and make sure they have all their vaccines, and get them neutered/spayed and some people de-claw. Otherwise you just have to make sure they have food/water, a clean litter box, and give them lots of love and attention! Some people let their cats outside, so it just depends. Our cat is indoors because we live in the city. I take her to the vet every year just for a check up and the only health related problem she had was having to have a tooth removed.

My cat is good though, some cats are very naughty and love to get into things and make messes.
:grumbling

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-25-2011, 05:46 PM
No, I havent got any pet. I hate dogs.:raging::raging::raging::raging:

Endymion
10-25-2011, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by .iman.
My cat is good though, some cats are very naughty and love to get into things and make messes.
Yup,thats why i dont like cats +o( My Uncle was a cat lover and every time we went to visit him,we saw their cats busy cooking :skeleton:
(They were actually trying to eat the food from the pots,dont get surprised :D )

All my family dont like cats and we usually hit them with sleepers when they arrive in our Kitchen.My bro always let them come in and then scare them.Once a cat got really embarrassed and she slipped while running.That gave us a good laugh :p :coolious:

My apologise to cat lovers :p

Endymion
10-25-2011, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
I named it gluttony....
Gosh,like owner,like pet +o( :skeleton:

.iman.
10-25-2011, 07:57 PM
but Endymion, how could you not love these cuuuuute lil cuddly kittens?;D:wub:

~Raindrop~
10-25-2011, 08:01 PM
I used to have a pair of Kakarikis but one of them... imsad
I'd love to get a kitten, they're so cute!

peace_maker
10-25-2011, 08:53 PM
All my family dont like cats and we usually hit them with sleepers when they arrive in our Kitchen.My bro always let them come in and then scare them.Once a cat got really embarrassed and she slipped while running.That gave us a good laugh :p :coolious:
You meanie...:offended: There's a hadeeth, don't know the reference though :p "The Prophet (saw) was so merciful that if he saw a cat whilst he was performing ablution, he would lower the utensil down for the cat to drink from and then perform ablution from the leftover water."

dž.as.a.džasmin
10-26-2011, 12:54 AM
My apologise to cat lovers
Dont apologize to cat lovers, do apologize to the cats :p

Im a huuuuge cat lover and i had a little kitten. He played in the garden and simply disappeared.....never came back. I still suffer, ****

Endymion
10-26-2011, 05:45 PM
but Endymion, how could you not love these cuuuuute lil cuddly kittens?;D:wub:
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
You meanie...:offended: There's a hadeeth, don't know the reference though :p "The Prophet (saw) was so merciful that if he saw a cat whilst he was performing ablution, he would lower the utensil down for the cat to drink from and then perform ablution from the leftover water."
format_quote Originally Posted by dž.as.a.džasmin
Dont apologize to cat lovers, do apologize to the cats :p

Im a huuuuge cat lover and i had a little kitten. He played in the garden and simply disappeared.....never came back. I still suffer, ****
Believe me girls,i ai'nt that evil :statisfie I love cats the way my bro love kids.Did i share his views about kids before ^o)
"Kids are a blessing until they are in neighbor's house".
~Dark Deed~

So,i do love cats but until they are in neighbor's house coz when they arrive in my house,they truly give me a tough time.Let me tell you why i hate cats.
It was a bright sunny morning and i woke up early (at 10 am :D )when neighbor's cat jumped in our home.I listened its voice and tried to figure out her location.It was a small white cat who arrived in our house before that and tried to ate that sick crow who was sitting over the boundary.When i asked her to go home,she run towards the guest room,i was following her and when she reached near the window that opened in the balcony,she jumped out.Believing that its over now,i went back to the kitchen to have a cup of tea when i heard her sound once again :raging:
She came back and did the same running to GR and jumped outside the balcony.I thought i better open the main gate so she went back her home but as i went near her,she dodge me and ran inside :skeleton: and after that,she continue to play this game with me for an hour.She ran to GR and then jumped outside and as i went near her,she dodge me and ran inside the house again and did that again and again and again :raging:
After an hour,my bro finally woke up and start laughing at me :mad: and asked me why i did'nt closed the window so the cat wont be able to play this game :embarrass I closed the window,closed the gates as well and then again try to make her run but still she was dodging me and hiding behind things and inside my sister's wardrobe :raging:
Finally,i done with that evil cat and she ran away when neighbor's girl called me and said,"sizta,our poor little cat jumped in your balcony,please give us back it you find her".Listening to that,i was about to commit suicide with anger :offended:
Do you still want me to love cats :ooh:

But ok,reading about the hadith and Prophet Muhammad SAW love cats,i'll try to be polite with them +o( :exhausted

.iman.
10-26-2011, 05:55 PM
LOL! I am sorry to laugh sister, but I can picture you (ok, not really you but a person in general) chasing a cat around the house that won't leave! :p

I have a similar story, except it involves a rabbit! My husband had been given a rabbit by his neighbor who raised them since they have a catering company. I was upset because I didn't want him to eat the rabbit, and I wanted to keep it as a pet, which of course he did not like. The first day, I put it in a big box and put it outside with some lettuces and water in the box. It was really hot that day and the sun came out and I didn't put him in the shade, so somehow he had jumped out of this big box onto the veranda. At the time, we were repainting the doors, so we had the inside door taken off, and only the iron part remained locked. Somehow the rabbit went inside the house, where it stayed for 4 days!!! It hid underneath our refrigerator and every time he came out, and we tried to catch him he would run away! The one time I got him out, and put him outside, I didn't close the door fast enough and he came running back inside! It was actually pretty funny for me, but my husband was so angry!

After a week, we finally got him out of the house, and the last I heard he is living underneath the staircase of our neighbors! ;D

Sorry it is off topic, I just had to share!

Endymion
10-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Lol,i can imagine how interesting this would be :statisfie But you enjoyed his dodging coz you wanted to save his life.Gosh,there are people who even eat rabbits,how brutal :skeleton:

.iman.
10-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Lol,i can imagine how interesting this would be But you enjoyed his dodging coz you wanted to save his life.Gosh,there are people who even eat rabbits,how brutal
Yes, actually I did. I had this discussion with my husband because I was trying to say it's too cute to eat, but really, it is food, and I understand that. I told him that if someone wanted to make rabbit stew, then so be it, but I wouldn't eat it. I know that it is 100% halal to eat, and it's an animal just like cows, chicken, lambs, goats, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for rabbits. Emotions over take logic, what can I say! :omg:

Anyway, back to the topic at hand! Who else has pets?

sister herb
10-26-2011, 09:02 PM
A dog (technicly its my sister´s one) but before I had own dogs called saluqi.

Endymion
10-27-2011, 08:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
A dog (technicly its my sister´s one) but before I had own dogs called saluqi.
Herby Harb,where were you girl :hmm:
Good to see ya back BTW :statisfie

About the topic,i wish i could have a Lion and a Horse.May be one day i'll be able to buy and keep them :hmm:

Endymion
10-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Yes, actually I did. I had this discussion with my husband because I was trying to say it's too cute to eat, but really, it is food, and I understand that. I told him that if someone wanted to make rabbit stew, then so be it, but I wouldn't eat it. I know that it is 100% halal to eat, and it's an animal just like cows, chicken, lambs, goats, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for rabbits. Emotions over take logic, what can I say! :omg:
Yes indeed,they are halal and to eat the same way we eat cows and goats but when we have them at home,its too hard to slaughter such a cute thing.A few years before my father bought a cute white goat for Eidul Adha and i named it "tootoo".Because he bought it a week before Eidul Adha,we had plenty of time to spend with it and we fall in love with it too much that we request daddy to not slaughter it but obviously, it was there to slaughter so daddy refused our request :hmm:
By the time the butcher took it to slaughter and it starts screaming,i burst into tears :cry: (And my dad and my eveil bro's made fun of me for this for months :grumbling

But after that,my Mother asked my dad not to buy a goat a wek before Eidul Adha so the girl wont be able to spend time with it and fall in love with it too much :embarrass And so (sigh),we buy animals only a day before Eidul Adha and the slaughter done without any embarrassment :D

Who Am I?
10-27-2011, 04:16 PM

Rabbits? I have yard bunnies.

Wild rabbits living in my yard.

I see them almost every day and especially at night.

I want to get a goat and put it in my back yard. Instant lawnmower. But I'm afraid it would try to eat my dogs. Goats eat anything and everything. ;D

joyous fairy
10-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Salam alaykum.

My friend has a cocketiel just like the picture in the OP but its green and yellow and white, its so cute! :statisfie

We had a cat for a while, it just turned up and my sister gave her some milk. She never left after that. She was a really good cat MashaAllah. She would just sit in a place all day and she didnt make a mess in the house or anything :) I used to be a bit scared of cats before that but now I love them :p

We looked after some friends rabbit for a while. That was fun but the rabbit used to eat/scratch the wallpaper and he left matches all over the house lol.

Our neighbours have a dog. He is quite cute but I still dont like dogs much.
I want a horse or pony now :(

Endymion
10-27-2011, 06:36 PM

I want to get a goat and put it in my back yard. Instant lawnmower. But I'm afraid it would try to eat my dogs. Goats eat anything and everything. ;D
Not just they eat too much but they are such Drama Kings,all the time creating troubles,the goats we had 3 years before,Johnny and Rambo gave us a hard time +o(.But they are interesting as well :statisfie The way they move their ears and skin without the aid of hands and when they rub their ears with their legs is truly interesting.

Who Am I?
10-28-2011, 03:17 PM

Not just they eat too much but they are such Drama Kings,all the time creating troubles,the goats we had 3 years before,Johnny and Rambo gave us a hard time +o(.But they are interesting as well :statisfie The way they move their ears and skin without the aid of hands and when they rub their ears with their legs is truly interesting.
Apparently they are also very social animals. I researched a little into it and most people get 2 or 3 goats at a time to form a small "herd" since they are social animals. I'm not sure I could deal with 2 dogs AND 3 goats.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

I have a cat/kitten..she still looks like a kitten to me still..

Cat's are funny they stare at every move you make, if they are close to their owner they follow them everywhere .and they remind me of some human's, the type that sleep all day and when hungry ask for food, eat and then go back to sleep!

Animals are awesome!

format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
Kakarikis
Kakariki's!

GuestFellow
10-28-2011, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
Salam alaykum.

My friend has a cocketiel just like the picture in the OP but its green and yellow and white, its so cute! :statisfie
Walikaum salaam,

Mine can be annoying. It likes to sit on my shoulder and whistle loudly... :skeleton:

~Raindrop~
10-28-2011, 06:46 PM
I want a lion cub :(

MartyrX
10-28-2011, 07:55 PM
I have some frogs and toads.

peace_maker
10-29-2011, 02:45 PM
I have a looong story with birds. Once we were grilling chicken near our balcony when a pigeon popped on the grill from nowhere! Everyone laughed and joked if anybody wanted grilled pigeon. :-\ But me and my sister felt pitty. We applied burn cream on it's leg and freed it. :statisfie

Even after we moved our house, the pigeon torture continued. The pigeons built their nest on our AC, and would lay their eggs under the planks we stored in the balcony. Their chicks would come out and they would give their babies and so on. About more than 15 families resided in our balcony. This is true. They have made our balcony a disaster. :skeleton:

Sometimes they become sick and die here. :unhappy: We won't find out until we smell the stink. Then we'll have to clean everything. :hmm:
Once, a bird was picked by another and was seriously injured. We dissolved panadol in water and fed it yet, it died. :unhappy: It was heart breaking.

Even when we were on vacation, birds had built their nest on top of our chandellier. They were like an alarm clock, tweeting every early morning. :skeleton: But they were cute, they were no more than a ping pong ball.

peace_maker
10-29-2011, 02:52 PM
I like kittens too byt they ate strictly restricted in our house, due to alergy reasons I guess. :hmm: I'd like to have a turtle. They are soo cute and not to mention slow.:omg: But everyone says that nothing to be attracted to.:exhausted

My sister wants a stallion and my brother a lion cub.:nervous:

A-Believer-25
10-29-2011, 03:12 PM

I have 3 parakeets! They are funny little birds! :shade:

User29123
10-30-2011, 11:20 AM
I have a cat to!! It's just like Imans. We had a lot of mice around here, but as soon as a cat came boom, they were all gone.^o) My cat sometimes sh**s around the home, even though we got a cat litter tray, Its usually my parents fault! as they would forget to get litter tray out. :(. My cat goes out and stays in as well, however it once got attacked I think it has too much fights. Other than that you just good to wash it at times and trim its nails!

User29123
10-30-2011, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
I want a lion cub :(
I think you'd become lunch afterwards too!

GuestFellow
10-30-2011, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A-Believer-25

I have 3 parakeets! They are funny little birds! :shade:
:wa:

They are hilarious. I wouldn't be able to look after 3 because I would get a headache from all the noise... :skeleton:

R.M. Renfield
11-13-2011, 09:58 AM
We have two cats. As to whether they are our 'pets' I might call upon the cat-lover's affectionate saying to answer:
"Cats do not have owners, they have servants".

One cat + ball of string = hours of fun!

esperanza
11-13-2011, 02:19 PM
i have a at which we rescued as a kitten..she arrived one day in our yard ..alone hungry and paralysed in one leg..si itook care of her and raised her...but she is originally a street cat...so pretty wild,,,.she ant ome in the hosue as ihave allergies...but often snaeks into my boys room,,,she likes my older son..
she has a very strong haraccter..wild but cute and determined...she is one of many young cats we have resued

.iman.
11-13-2011, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by R.M. Renfield
One cat + ball of string = hours of fun!
or lazer pointers, too funny!

Masuma
11-13-2011, 04:20 PM
i had one little casper(cat). he died! :cry:

Endymion
11-14-2011, 05:23 AM
May be this happened because of the name you gave him :hmm: He died and turned into a soul :hmm::omg:

The people live in front of our house had two goats.One male and one female.The female was elder but both were good friends.On the third day of Eidul Adha i noticed that the goat screaming loudly and its alone and the next day i found out that they sacrifice the female :skeleton:
The little friend of her cried so much but now he's going back to normal :hmm:
Why animals dont feel the pain of friends like we do :hmm:

sister herb
11-14-2011, 06:16 AM
This reminds me dogs of my sister. Last week hers oldest dog died (he was 16 years old) and now hers second old dog (just 14 years) doesn´t want to eat or drink, It just sits and looking like it wouldn´t want to live without his old friend...

imsad

Khadijak
11-14-2011, 12:40 PM

lol, the goat will not eat your dogs. It may try to nip at them but then the dogs can set the limits. You do have to be careful of your washing though.

I have a male cat called Bilirubin and a female hamster called Kenaya. I've had many animals in the past, including two goats.

Khadija.

Endymion
11-15-2011, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
This reminds me dogs of my sister. Last week hers oldest dog died (he was 16 years old) and now hers second old dog (just 14 years) doesn´t want to eat or drink, It just sits and looking like it wouldn´t want to live without his old friend...

imsad
May be dogs are like that faithful and loyal to their friends and partners :hmm: I just expirienced it once when our female parrot escape and the male parrot "Mirza" stop eating and drinking and in a result,sacrifice his life for his unfaithful wife :skeleton:

But i dont think goats are like that :hmm:
When we brought back Raheel to slaughter,he was standing outside and the female goat of our front side neighbours was standing there.When Raheel began to stare her,we thought he is interested in her but then,he turned his face ^o)
There was a slaughter going on behind him and he did'nt even notice :skeleton: I think goats are very insensitive and they dont care about their friends and partners much :unsure:

Hey,why dont your sis get another dog to accompany the sad creature :popcorn:

sister herb
11-15-2011, 03:44 PM
My sister has already 3 other dogs but they are a lot of younger than this old one.

Endymion
11-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Thats really disappointing :unhappy:

GuestFellow
11-15-2011, 09:39 PM
This topic is becoming depressing... :skeleton:

Ramadhan
11-15-2011, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
This topic is becoming depressing... :skeleton:
Maybe not as depressed as your lonesome cockatiel :p

You need to get her?him? a spouse/friend.

GuestFellow
11-16-2011, 09:21 PM
^ It's very protective of its cage. It sits on top of the cage and hisses at anyone who touches it. I let it out all day except when I have to go to sleep, so it's pretty happy. I have to get another cockatiel because I'm working full time now. :skeleton:

SyrianFellow
11-17-2011, 06:21 AM
I used to have two fishes until they died.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!