/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I cannot wait for the answers

Venus
11-04-2011, 11:01 AM
1.well, to begin with i read a hadith in a book called 'the book of end'(read it, amazing book) in which a companion(ra) of Muhammad(saw) is asked by Muhammad(saw) "do you know where the sun goes after it sets?" "no" is the reply.Muhammad(saw) then says it goes to the Arsh(throne) of Allah(swt) and asks permission to rise from the west.well we know that neither does the sun rise nor does it set and does not go anywhere so how can anyone explain this hadith.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
11-04-2011, 11:24 AM
This hadeeth is true.
It's about the unseen world. As we don't know how and where is the throne of Allah SWT, and how all the creatures prostrate for Allah. It's beyond our perception, although It does not contradict with the physical world that we understand.

here is a fatwa I found about the matter:
http://www.islamweb.net/ahajj/index....Option=FatwaId

Venus
11-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Jazakallah hu khair.
2.when the tarawee ended this year, a mufti gave a short lecture.he mentioned four names (imam hanafi (rm),abu bakr siddik(ra) and two more which i don't remember,he said that these people used to recite the whole Quran in one rakat SubhanALLAH.when i asked my sister about it she said some times people over exaggerate regarding the four imams to prove their aqeedah right nauzubillah.is it true,if yes then i remember this hadith in which Muhammad(saw) says that anyone who recites the Quran in less than three days then he will not be able to undrerstand it properly.^o) ^o)

Abz2000
11-06-2011, 07:27 PM
^ For Abu bakr (ra) to do it would make sense, since the whole Quran was revealed over 23 years.
Reciting the whole Quran in 5 minutes would have been easy in the first few months,
But if you get a compilation of the complete Quran by even the fastest reciter, I'm sure you'd find it's about 15-20hours, even the prophet pbuh read the first 2-3 surahs, baqarah, nisaa, ale-'imran.

back to topic -

we cannot understand how some things work, but we do know from signs He gave us through the Prophets (pbut) that they are true,

for example - the Quran tells us that His throne extends over the heavens and the earth,
or - we raise our hands towards the heavens
it would not make sense to us if we take into account that the earth is round,
and that upwards for one person on one side of the planet would be downwards for a person on the other side.
yet - we know for a fact that He does inspire any of His servants whom He chooses to relay His message to mankind.
and that He knows the past the present and the future.
(the corrupt politicians or scientists wont tell you that - but they know)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Venus
11-07-2011, 04:41 PM
but how it answer my 2nd question.Is it true? if yes then what about the hadith.

Venus
11-07-2011, 04:43 PM
hey i really cant wait for the answer.:heated:

جوري
11-07-2011, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Venus
but how it answer my 2nd question.Is it true? if yes then what about the hadith.
We no longer use such terms today as sunset & sunrise?
http://www.sunrisesunset.com/USA/

It is obviously meant as how the people see it! The sun travels its appointed course, one day it won't.. The laws of physics and the universe are all subject to God's will for God created them..

It really doesn't even require that much of an abstract thought!

best,

Venus
11-07-2011, 04:48 PM
3.well the quran says Islam is a religion to be followed by the whole world world.but islam cannot be followed above the artic circle because the sun does not set there for 6 months so what about fajr magrib and isha prayers and what about ramzam.
4.there is a difference in dates between the sunnis and the shias.so what is the reason behind it,and what is the history

جوري
11-07-2011, 04:53 PM
3.well the quran says Islam is a religion to be followed by the whole world world.but islam cannot be followed above the artic circle because the sun does not set there for 6 months so what about fajr magrib and isha prayers and what about ramzam.
4.there is a difference in dates between the sunnis and the shias.so what is the reason behind it,and what is the history
actually Islam is followed everywhere, when people don't see visually they calculate.. God also gave us math and physics, and astronomy. Islam is the thinking man's religion

You should create a separate thread for the rest of your queries..

best,

islamica
11-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Jazakallah hu khair.
2.when the tarawee ended this year, a mufti gave a short lecture.he mentioned four names (imam hanafi (rm),abu bakr siddik(ra) and two more which i don't remember,he said that these people used to recite the whole Quran in one rakat SubhanALLAH.when i asked my sister about it she said some times people over exaggerate regarding the four imams to prove their aqeedah right nauzubillah.is it true,if yes then i remember this hadith in which Muhammad(saw) says that anyone who recites the Quran in less than three days then he will not be able to undrerstand it properly.^o) ^o)
On the authority of Abdullaah Ibn 'Amr (may Allaah be pleased with them both),

the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: "The one who reads/recites the Qur'aan in less than three days does not have understanding."

Abu Daawud, At-Tirmidhee, Ibnu Maajah...Saheeh

Point of benefit:

The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) did not allow for the Qur'aan to be read in less than three days because that leads a person to not have understanding of the Qur'aan, and the absence of pondering over the Qur'aan. Some people do exaggerate about Islam, Islamic history and prominent historical figures. It might have been possible for Abu Bakr r.a. to do that at the beginning but may prove harder as more and more Quran was revealed, thus having to memorized and recite more surahs.

Dagless
11-07-2011, 04:59 PM
I don't know if he read the whole Quran in one rakah or if he didn't read it in one rakah, but the bottom line is that it doesn't really matter that much. If he did it then fair enough and if he didn't then fair enough too. It doesn't affect us one way or the other.

Venus
11-07-2011, 05:00 PM
On the authority of Abdullaah Ibn 'Amr (may Allaah be pleased with them both),

the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: "The one who reads/recites the Qur'aan in less than three days does not have understanding."

do you know when did Muhammad (saw) say this?after the whole quran was revealed or before it.anyway is there any authencity that these people read the whole quran in one rakat? because i have heard it a lot of time. is it a exaggeration?

جوري
11-07-2011, 05:09 PM
do you know when did Muhammad (saw) say this?after the whole quran was revealed or before it.anyway is there any authencity that these people read the whole quran in one rakat? because i have heard it a lot of time. is it a exaggeration?
The Hadith has nothing to do with the revelation of the Quran rather human understanding & implementation of its law. Omar ibn Ilkhtab took 15 yrs to memorize suret al-baqarah.. It needs more than simply passing through your lips. Reading, understanding, implementation ..

I don't want know what kind of speed reading it would take to recite the entire Quran in a raka3a, but going through the first five suras takes 8 hours .. try it yourself wake up have a recitation going suret al baqara alone takes over two hours.. how many Suras are there in the Quran? you do the math!.. difficult to go through the first two suras alone without it being time for another prayer. It takes simple logic to debunk alot of what people pass around as facts.

best,

Venus
11-10-2011, 03:30 PM
[quote=ßlµêßêll;1475899]The Hadith has nothing to do with the revelation of the Quran rather human understanding & implementation of its law. Omar ibn Ilkhtab took 15 yrs to memorize suret al-baqarah.. It needs more than simply passing through your lips. Reading, understanding, implementation ..

I don't want know what kind of speed reading it would take to recite the entire Quran in a raka3a, but going through the first five suras takes 8 hours .. try it yourself wake up have a recitation going suret al baqara alone takes over two hours.. how many Suras are there in the Quran? you do the math!.. difficult to go through the first two suras alone without it being time for another prayer. It takes simple logic to debunk alot of what people pass around as facts.

best,[/quote
jazakALLAH:p
but what about 3 and 4.

Venus
11-10-2011, 03:32 PM

جوري
11-10-2011, 04:51 PM
I am starting to think that you're not reading the responses here?

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ml#post1475879

best,

Dagless
11-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Usually people just follow the timetable from the nearest city where there is a normal duration of day and night.

Insecured soul
11-10-2011, 07:09 PM
1.well, to begin with i read a hadith in a book called 'the book of end'(read it, amazing book) in which a companion(ra) of Muhammad(saw) is asked by Muhammad(saw) "do you know where the sun goes after it sets?" "no" is the reply.Muhammad(saw) then says it goes to the Arsh(throne) of Allah(swt) and asks permission to rise from the west.well we know that neither does the sun rise nor does it set and does not go anywhere so how can anyone explain this hadith.
1st of all what are you going to gain when you know the answer?
2nd Even if muhammed pbuh did not exactly provide the scientific answer on how the SUN works that doesnt tarnish his image as a prophet.

He was not taught how to make nuke bombs, aircrafts and computers and cellphones which you might regard takes civilization one step up?

He was taught whatever is required to save u and me from hellfire.

Ramadhan
11-11-2011, 12:31 AM
as has been explained by dagless above.

Read this on how muslims pray in the land of midnight sun: http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-384-3955.htm

Also, have you not heard of the saudi and malaysian astronauts who perform shalah in their space shuttles?

What do you mean by this?
Do you mean there are two different lunar calendars in this world? How is that possible?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!