/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Blessed Day of Arafat - Making the Most of it.

Misz_Muslimah
11-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Asalamalaikum dear brothers and sisters,

Abu Qatadah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was asked about the observance of Saum (fasting) on the day of `Arafah. He said, "It is an expiation for the sins of the preceding year and the current year.''
[Muslim].

Subhanallah, this is an opportunity for all of us to gain many rewards and fill our scales in the hereafter, we may not understand the MAGNITUDE of fasting on this ONE DAY, but it will be apparent to us when we most NEED OUR GOOD DEEDS on Yawmul Qiyama, when we're in our graves alone with just our good deeds to decide our destination... the day we will be shown Hellfire, imagine the desperate situation WE WILL BE FACING, imagine how precious all of our good deeds will be to us, however small they may seem...Imagine the deep regrets we will experience wishing we didn't miss days like these without filling our time with good deeds that will save us from the Hellfire.

Allah has given us another chance to draw closer to Him and spend this day in acts of worship, seeking His forgiveness and Mercy. For all of us who feel they haven't made the most of Ramadan, here's your chance.
So my dear brothers and sisters, let's not miss this opportunity of gaining many rewards inshallah, don't let this opportunity pass you by as we never know when death may approach us.

Some acts of worship that will draw us closer to Allah:

1) Dhikr - For example, saying phrases such as Subhanallah (Glory be to Allah), Alhamdulilah (Praise be to Allah) and Allahu Akbar (Allah is Great) Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "There are two statements that are light for the tongue to remember, heavy in the Scales and are dear to the Merciful: `Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, Subhan-Allahil-Azim [Glory be to Allah and His is the praise, (and) Allah, the Greatest is free from imperfection)'.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

2) Reciting Quran - Abu Umamah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Read the Qur'an, for it will come as an intercessor for its reciters on the Day of Resurrection.''
[Muslim].

3) Du'a - Remember to makes lots of dua on the blessed Day of Arafat and also, keep the rest of the Ummah in your duas. "And your Rubb said: `Invoke Me, [i.e., believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism)] (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation).''' (40:60)

4) Charity - `Adi bin Hatim (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Prophet (PBUH) saying, "Protect yourself from (Hell) Fire, by giving of half of a date (in charity)".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Some hadiths:

Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When you get up in the morning, charity is due from every one of your joints. There is charity in every ascription of glory to Allah; there is charity in every declaration of His Greatness; there is charity in every utterance of praise of Him; there is charity in every declaration that He is the only true God (worthy of worship); there is charity in enjoining good; there is charity in forbidding evil. Two Rak`ah of Duha (Forenoon prayer) is equal to all this (in reward)".
[Muslim].

Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Do not belittle any good deed, even meeting your brother (Muslim) with a cheerful face".
[Muslim].

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "I saw a man going about in Jannah (and enjoying himself) as a reward for cutting from the middle of the road, a tree which was causing inconvenience to the Muslims".
[Muslim].

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When a Muslim or a believer washes his face (in the course of Wudu'), every sin he has committed with his eyes is washed away from his face along with water, or with the last drop of water; when he washes his hands, every sin they wrought is erased from his hands with the water, or with the last drop of water; and when he washes his feet, every sin towards which his feet walked is washed away with water, or with the last drop of water, with the result that he comes out cleansed of all sins".
[Muslim].

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Should I not direct you to something by which Allah obliterates the sins and elevates (your) ranks.'' They said: "Yes, O Messenger of Allah". He said, "Performing Wudu' properly, even in difficulty, frequently going to the mosque, and waiting eagerly for the next Salat (prayer) after a Salat is over; indeed, that is Ar-Ribat".
[Muslim].

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that he heard Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Every good deed is charity".
[Al-Bukhari].

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When a Muslim plants a tree, whatever is eaten from it is charity from him and whatever is stolen is charity and whatever is subtracted from it is charity".
[Muslim].

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah will be pleased with His slave who praises Him (i.e., says Al-hamdu lillah) when he eats and praises Him when he drinks".
[Muslim].

Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Giving in charity is an obligation upon every Muslim". It was said (to him): "What about one who does not find (the means) to do so?'' He (PBUH) said, "Let him work with his hands, thus doing benefit to himself and give in charity.'' It was said to him: "What if he does not have (the means) to do so?'' He (PBUH) said, "Then let him assist the needy, the aggrieved.'' It was said: "What about if he cannot even do this?'' He (PBUH) said, "Then he should enjoin good.'' He was asked: "What if he cannot do that?'' He (the Prophet (PBUH)) said, "He should then abstain from evil, for verily, that is a charity from him".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

May Allah accept all of our good deeds and forgive us our sins..Ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SyrianFellow
11-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Salam Alaikum,

Thanks for the detailed post, and may Allah reward you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!