/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Occupation Goals as a Child?

Beardo
11-06-2011, 06:07 AM
What was your career dream as a child? For me, it was a garbage man. o.o I'd hope hope much has changed since...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Who Am I?
11-06-2011, 07:36 AM
:sl:

I never really had a goal as a kid, and I don't really have one now except to become a better man. I try not to worry too much about being a responsible adult, because it sucks.

I try to balance becoming a better man with having a good time. I don't want to be so wrapped up in bettering myself that I forget how to have fun. That almost happened to me recently and I don't want to do that again.

Marina-Aisha
11-06-2011, 10:34 AM
i wanted to be a hairdresser lol

Abz2000
11-06-2011, 07:18 PM
I wanted to be a businessman,
And I have become a very small one so far.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
esperanza
11-06-2011, 07:31 PM
iwanted to be a vet...

جوري
11-06-2011, 07:36 PM
I wanted to be a doctor and also rule the world with my smarts and street savvy.. :p
had a plan of world conquest and a huge mural map of the world on my wall.. well that didn't pan out--yet!

GuestFellow
11-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Salaam,

I wanted to be a milkman when I was little. :skeleton:

Ramadhan
11-06-2011, 10:44 PM
I wanted to be a nobel prize winner.

oh well.....

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-06-2011, 11:38 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

I remember when i was 'young' i wanted to be a taxi driver and drive an orange van, well, because it was one of my colours back then i guess..

Salahudeen
11-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Policeman like every other kid some days it was fire man.

جوري
11-07-2011, 12:07 AM
^^ I loved the guns I had as a kid they were so much more realistic.. we used to play with the neighbors kids in this abandoned building nearby that was priceless ... The old country really had its charm..

GuestFellow
11-07-2011, 12:17 AM
^ I used to prefer swords when I was little. I liked the idea of jumping around and slicing people's heads off...I used to play by myself... :skeleton:

جوري
11-07-2011, 12:33 AM
I pelleted a neighbor's kids eyes ones when I was a kid with one of those super funky guns.. of course his mother came to complain.. I used to also throw my dinner out the balcony and it would land on her linens and she'd come complain about that too.. hated that broad :raging:

.iman.
11-07-2011, 01:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
What was your career dream as a child? For me, it was a garbage man. o.o I'd hope hope much has changed since...
That is so funny - my brother wanted to be a garbageman too! my parents lived in japan when he was little, and there the garbage trucks used to play music (like an ice cream truck in the US), so he wanted to drive the truck since it played music. haha!

I think I've always wanted to be a teacher and homemaker
:statisfie

transition?
11-07-2011, 02:39 AM
Social worker lol. I've always wanted to open an orphanage in Asia. I planned what the building would be like and what the programs would help with. What the curriculum would be lol.
I thought of opening a residential place for Muslims to buy affordable housing. :statisfie

ardianto
11-07-2011, 04:10 AM
Well, ... I was known as weird kid when I was little.

I like railroad train. When I was in kindergarten I wanted to be railroad train driver. Then, TV movies made me want to be detective.

Next, I wanted to be scientist although my left brain might be was not work normally. I was very weak in math !. People around me said, I could not become scientist because I was very bad in math. But it didn't prevent me to do some research. I made research in basic physic, animal behavior, mechanic, and some other sciences. Sometime in evening I observed the sky through my dad's binocular, record what I've seen in my notes, and compared it with astronomy books.

But like I've said, I was known as weird boy. My teachers often complain because the saw my scores was low especially in math, and I had no interest to learn in the classroom. Sometime I left the classroom without permission and spent my times in library. Yes, I love reading and I was a curious kid. I wanted to know many things, I learned many knowledge that not taught in elementary school. I could not answer my teachers questions, but I knew many things that other kids in my age did not know.

Finally they urged my mother to bring my to a psychologist to make me 'normal'. Unfortunately that happened when I began to have an interest to psychology and wanted to be psychologist. Sigmund Freud and his interpretation of dream was one of those who affected me.

Like i've written in another thread, meet psychologist is not a pleasant experience for 12 years old kid. And I lost my interest to psychology.

But, that happened in the past. I do not angry to those who called me abnormal. :)

جوري
11-07-2011, 04:33 AM
^^ Einstein was bad in math & was kicked out of school..

SFatima
11-07-2011, 11:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?
Social worker lol. I've always wanted to open an orphanage in Asia. I planned what the building would be like and what the programs would help with. What the curriculum would be lol.
I thought of opening a residential place for Muslims to buy affordable housing.
Wow SubhanAllah I have the same wishes! I'd say wishes because its only a wish if you havent planned anything towards it. :p: May Allah swt give you the opportunity to materialize such dreams InshAllah ameen.

And when i was younger I wanted to be a model :skeleton:, a singer, then a soldier, then back to reality, a house wife :D

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Inshallah for me I'd like to be the person who gives dawah, invite people to Islam and also lead sallah in my local masjid. Inshallah, teach kids quraan too... So much goals ey?

sister herb
11-07-2011, 03:52 PM
I wanted to be police.

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
I wanted to be police.
I wanted to do the same but what course's do you need for that? Apart from doing law in uni.

sister herb
11-07-2011, 04:15 PM
For arrest criminals...

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Haha, No I mean what courses would you have to do in collage or university?

sister herb
11-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Not sure as now I am teacher in social office. No criminals here exist.

:hmm:

GuestFellow
11-07-2011, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
I pelleted a neighbor's kids eyes ones when I was a kid with one of those super funky guns.. of course his mother came to complain.. I used to also throw my dinner out the balcony and it would land on her linens and she'd come complain about that too.. hated that broad :raging:
Hahaha!!! That's hilarious.

جوري
11-07-2011, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Hahaha!!! That's hilarious.
you've no idea how traumatic that was for me, seeing my mom talk to that woman, begging my mom not to tell my dad because I knew he'd let me have it, her telling me that I'd have to clean my plate if she's to keep that secret, me looking for a new place to dump dinner without being caught :hmm:

transition?
11-08-2011, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
Wow SubhanAllah I have the same wishes! I'd say wishes because its only a wish if you havent planned anything towards it. :p: May Allah swt give you the opportunity to materialize such dreams InshAllah ameen.

And when i was younger I wanted to be a model :skeleton:, a singer, then a soldier, then back to reality, a house wife :D
InshaAllah.

SubhanAllah, Allah has plans for me. Over the years, I'm slowly realizing there are circumstances we are in because Allah puts us in them and there are many opportunities Allah reveals for us to do good. I'm not too worried about specifics these days =). Allah is the Best Planner. <3 He knows Best and where the greatest rewards for us lie! (or is it lay lol). Striving for good is still a good thing of course =D.

MartyrX
11-08-2011, 02:15 AM
I wanted to be a Meteorologist or a Teacher.

GuestFellow
11-08-2011, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
Haha, No I mean what courses would you have to do in collage or university?
Salaam,

You have to pass some training course available from a Police station. I used to work with police officers and the work is very hard.

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-20-2011, 05:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
A joke,

Dad: What would you like to be when you grow up, son?
Son: I want to be a garbage collector, dad.
Dad: What?! A garbage collector of all professions? Why?!
Son: Because I have seen them work only once a week. ;D

SyrianFellow
11-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Hmm.. when I was a kid, I wanted to be an architect :D

Galaxy
11-21-2011, 12:47 AM
lol this cracks me up! Insha Allaah we will get good jobs! :statisfie

I wanted to be a nurse 'cause my mom was a nurse...my little sister wanted to get into the garbage collected business too lol. There was a question on her homework that asked what she wanted to be when she grow up and she wrote 'garbage girl' and spelled it wrong. I remember all of us yelling at the poor thing to change her mind :/:

serena77
11-21-2011, 02:27 AM
i wanted to be an international lawyer and be fluent in 7 languages.. and yea that was as a kid.... as a teenager i wanted to be a seismologist....
Serena

bintYahya
11-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Um, I wanted to be a police(wo)man or a soldier, then a professional football (soccer) player, and then a doctor. Nurse is ok, right?

SFatima
11-30-2011, 04:43 PM
i still dont know what i want to be, i guess i need to get born :p:

♥ Sofia ♥
12-04-2011, 10:06 PM
:salamext:

when i was younger, i wanted to be a bird :statisfie then an aeroplane... then i wanted to work in argos so i could steal all the tamagochis (if you know what they are)... then an artist... now nothing :) lool!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!