/* */

PDA

View Full Version : full member status problem

syed1
11-07-2011, 09:21 PM
I was told that once I reach full member status I would have access to all features on this forum.. apparently this is not the case..

I have tried posting several times in a few places and have been denied access or have to wait till it is approved...

what is going on here.. I'm very disappointed with your lack of concern for your members..maybe I should turn to sunniforum.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Same problem with me... From what I know you need 200 posts to be able to access all topics and post things in all topics.(Of course which are unlocked)

syed1
11-07-2011, 09:55 PM
no where does it mention that we need 200 posts to be able to access. I was told once I reached 50 posts I would be able to have access to everything. THe only place it says you need 200 posts is for the BROTHERS ONLY section which i have not tried to go on...

It is very sad to see that us members are being deceived by our own muslim brothers and sisters on an ISLAMIC BOARD.. very unfortuante .

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 10:07 PM
I am sure they have a very good reason for this error.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed1
11-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Inshallah they do

Marina-Aisha
11-07-2011, 10:31 PM
i had the same problem when i wanted to submit a message in the advice section i think certain subjects arent allowed this wot they told me " "Due to recent complaints and concerns of a few sincere members, some changes had to be made to this section in regard to posting abilities of the members.
All members who do not have access to the
gender specific rooms will be able to create a new thread seeking advice, reply to their own thread, and view the replies given by all members irrespective of the thread starter. They will not be able to reply to threads not created by themselves. Only the Members of Private gender rooms will be able to reply to the threads created by others, in this section."

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
i had the same problem when i wanted to submit a message in the advice section i think certain subjects arent allowed this wot they told me " "Due to recent complaints and concerns of a few sincere members, some changes had to be made to this section in regard to posting abilities of the members.
All members who do not have access to the
gender specific rooms will be able to create a new thread seeking advice, reply to their own thread, and view the replies given by all members irrespective of the thread starter. They will not be able to reply to threads not created by themselves. Only the Members of Private gender rooms will be able to reply to the threads created by others, in this section."
The thing you mentioned is only if you want to reply to topics on the Advice board, but this brother/sister is talking about alot more boards...

Insaanah
11-07-2011, 10:38 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
It is very sad to see that us members are being deceived by our own muslim brothers and sisters
It is very sad to see a Muslim accusing his brothers and sisters of deception. We are supposed to have Husn Dhann (good thoughts) about our fellow Muslims.

format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
I am sure they have a very good reason for this error.
There is no error.

Before 50 posts, the rules in this link, from the FAQs apply:

http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?...imited_mem_ber

When you get to 50 posts, you become a full member. However, there are still certain limitations. You will see in the announcement on top of the advice and support section, that only members of the gender rooms (on application only, after 300 posts for sisters, and 200 for brothers) can reply to others threads in the advice and support section, though everyone can post their own threads and reply to their own threads there.

In certain sections, such as Discover Islam, ALL posts are moderated before appearing, while in other sections such as World Affairs and possibly others such as Aqeedah, Qur'an, Comparative religion etc, all new threads created are moderated before being posted. Moderation can sometimes take a few days. This applies for all members regardless of your status, and regardless of how long you've been here and your post count.

If it is any consolation, every member here has been through this, and the rules are for the greater benefit and safety of the forum and it's members.

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

It is very sad to see a Muslim accusing his brothers and sisters of deception. We are supposed to have Husn Dhann (good thoughts) about our fellow Muslims.

There is no error.

When you get to 50 posts, you become a full member. However, there are still certain limitations. You will see in the announcement on top of the advice and support section, that only members of the gender rooms (on application only, after 300 posts for sisters, and 200 for brothers) can reply to others threads in the advice and support section, though everyone can post their own threads and reply to their own threads there.

In certain sections, such as Discover Islam, ALL posts are moderated before appearing, while in other sections such as World Affairs and possibly others such as Aqeedah, Qur'an, Comparative religion etc, all new threads created are moderated before being posted. Moderation can sometimes take a few days. This applies for all members regardless of your status, and regardless of how long you've been here and your post count.

If it is any consolation, every member here has been through this, and the rules are for the greater benefit of the form and it's members.
Jazakallah for telling me, I myself didnt know this....
And I've learnt a new term! Husn Dhann :nervous:

Marina-Aisha
11-07-2011, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

There is no error.

If it is any consolation, every member here has been through this, and the rules are for the greater benefit of the form and it's members.
i didnt know that thanx..there quiet lot rules lol

syed1
11-08-2011, 12:56 AM
thank you for the much needed clarification.. My apologies for the accusations. :hiding:

~Zaria~
07-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Please assist me insha Allah:

I am unable to access the sisters lounge as yet (applied many months back), nor post in the Advise and Support threads.

Shukran

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!