/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Branches of knowledge in Islam?

Samiun
11-12-2011, 10:30 PM
:sl:, I'm sure this will benefit a lot of new Muslims if this thread gets a good response.

I want to know what kind of studies does Islam has to offer? I know the really good ones such as usul-fiqh and usuluddin but so far only college offers this. Is there some sort of measuring stick to ensure that your a knowledgable Muslim? Where do you start as a student of knowledge??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
missy
11-16-2011, 10:16 PM
:wa:,

MashaAllah it's a really beneficial question.

There is loads to know and study in Islam, like:
Seerah
Hadith
Islamic Law - Shari'ah (Fiqh)
The History of Islam.
Comparative Religion
Tafseer

You needn't be a theology student, you can learn most of this yourself. Many books are available for free download and the others in various Islamic bookstores.
So, once you have the required book, you just have to read it. It's simple.
Not really tho, there are some mind-boggling stuffs too, especially in Islamic Law, and for that we have the discussion boards, if you got a doubt, just post it, someone or the other would definitely clarify it for you.

A person's knowledge increases by consistent reading habits. Glad to know that you're concerned. MashaAllah.

The Seerah of the Prophet (SAW) would be a good start.
I'd recommend "The Sealed Nectar".

May Allah SWT always increase our Knowledge. Ameen.

جوري
11-16-2011, 10:39 PM
There are a few online universities offering courses but not sure they're accredited.
This website just about covers everything
http://www.islamweb.net/newlibrary/index.php

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!