/* */

PDA

View Full Version : name meaning

Marina-Aisha
11-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Asalaamu alaikum

i thought it would be fun if we all put the meaning of ur arabic names(if u have one )my son mustafa = choosen one, my daughter zainab - would be fragrant i think zainab was name after Name of Prophet's daughter..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
.iman.
11-13-2011, 03:40 PM
I love the name Zainab!

Iman (imaan) which I think a lot of already knows that it means "faith/belief" but it actually has a deeper meaning than either of those words because in English when we think of "faith/belief" we think of it just as believing something to be true without actions, however imaan combines the two of believing and acting in accordance with that belief.

Huzzy_786
11-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Could anyone tell me the meaning of my name: Huzaifa

ardianto
11-13-2011, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
http://www.muslimbabynames.net/boy-n...H&Starting=141

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
11-13-2011, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
Huzaifa is an arabic name pronounced : Hudheifa : حذيفة

It's also the name of a sahabi : Hudheifa ibnul Yaman.

Meaning in arabic:
the word hudhaifa حذيفة is a diminutive form of the word hudhaafa حذافة which - derived from the verb hadhafa حذف (to remove, to extract, to cut, to take a part from sthg) - means "what is taken from". Which means a little thing taken from a bigger thing.
1) The interpretation of Hudheifa could be : the extract or the best part taken from something, the best of something.
2) Another meaning is : the little thing or the short thing. It could mean the short man, or the little plant.
3) A name for a bird who resembles the duck or the geese.

Huzzy_786
11-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Jazakallah brother! That made my really happy, knowing that it was a name of a Sahabi.

syed1
11-13-2011, 09:17 PM
arbab- king, leader

Endymion
11-14-2011, 05:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
2) Another meaning is : the little thing or the short thing. It could mean the short man, or the little plant.
I like this one.Huzaifa sounds like a cute little brother :statisfie

bintYahya
11-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Rayan is one of the 8 gates or doors to Paradise, gate for those who fast during Ramadan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!