/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do my symptoms suggest a circulatory problem?

Snowflake
11-15-2011, 05:38 AM
:sl:

I have fibromyalgia and expect to feel pains and other unexplained symptoms for which they're no medical explanations. The cold weather has aggravated the symptoms. But that aside, I've recently started to experience feelings of numbness in my legs. Sometimes one leg may have several numb spots. I also get tingling in both arms and infrequently a numbness in my skull. It actually appears as though someone has ran their hand over my head and left the area numb.

But what's concerning me more is that my left leg goes freezing cold while the other is of normal temperature. I can literally feel the iciness in my bones. It's like this right now. I was wondering if it's a circulatory problem, or something else. I don't wish to see my GP unless I really have to.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fakrun
11-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Asalaamu alaikum,

sister, because your case is complicated with Fibro, age, any medications you are on....coming here for a diagnosis relating to heart/circulation is unwise. Please, just call the GP and see what THEY say...you don't want to mess around with heart/circulation problems.

Snowflake
11-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Wa alaykum assalam ukhti,

You're right. It's just that there are difficulties in me getting to the doctors on top of not wanting to go unless I really have to. I was wondering if Sis Lily might have a say on it, or even anyone else who's experienced the same, and give me a clue as to whether it's worth getting seen to.

جوري
11-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Could be a number of things I suggest you see your CP at once, anything from diabetes to Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease although that is a hereditary disease and less likely the case or even MS can cause this but you see what complications arise when you get a diagnosis over the web? They run the gamut, they scare you out of your wits and it could all be something as silly as a drop in the barometric pressure. So please go see your GP that is what they're there for..just grab a cab and go ukhty

may Allah swt grant you shifa'a

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
11-15-2011, 09:11 PM
^Ameen. Jazaki Allah khayr ukhti. I had a glucose tolerance test recently and al hamdulillah I'm not diabetic. I will see my GP about the condition you mentioned. Not so much to find a cure, but I do like to know what might be ailing me.

And al hamdulillah, you're such a blessing to have on this forum.

جوري
11-15-2011, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dying Rose
^Ameen. Jazaki Allah khayr ukhti. I had a glucose tolerance test recently and al hamdulillah I'm not diabetic. I will see my GP about the condition you mentioned. Not so much to find a cure, but I do like to know what might be ailing me.

And al hamdulillah, you're such a blessing to have on this forum.
Allah yikhleeki ukhty, I am not suggesting you have the above so don't go asking that. I am just suggesting that no one can give a diagnosis over the web. The most common cause of this pins and needles sensation or loss of sensation is nerve impingement.. like pressing on that area for too long, you know like when your 'leg falls asleep'.. moral of the story is it could be any number of things and insha'Allah it is nothing serious..

:w:

Snowflake
11-15-2011, 11:41 PM
I know ukhti. In fact looking at the CMT symptoms, I don't think it's that - especially it being hereditary. Unless it skips generations? And whatever else it might be is qadr Allah. The main reason I want to know is that the Job centre expect me to attend interviews held in distant places in order to help me find work, despite 'acknowledging' my illness. My regular interviewer is a horrible man who dismisses my difficulties as if he has to pay my benefits out of his own pocket and refuses to defer my interviews until my appeal has been heard. But funnily, the people who actually pay me, advised me to speak to his manager. I hope he gets reprimanded at the least. If I could give these new symptoms a name, I'm sure it would help my appeal. Ahh please forgive my ramblings. This country's such a mess. It just makes me mad.

جوري
11-15-2011, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dying Rose
I know ukhti. In fact looking at the CMT symptoms, I don't think it's that - especially it being hereditary. Unless it skips generations? And whatever else it might be is qadr Allah. The main reason I want to know is that the Job centre expect me to attend interviews held in distant places in order to help me find work, despite 'acknowledging' my illness. My regular interviewer is a horrible man who dismisses my difficulties as if he has to pay my benefits out of his own pocket and refuses to defer my interviews until my appeal has been heard. But funnily, the people who actually pay me, advised me to speak to his manager. I hope he gets reprimanded at the least. If I could give these new symptoms a name, I'm sure it would help my appeal. Ahh please forgive my ramblings. This country's such a mess. It just makes me mad.
It doesn't skip a generation it is autosomal dominant if I remember my genetics still. Yes most doctors are a holes I am with you there, but it is that we can't quantify subjective pain on a lab test and thus when everything comes back normal, it becomes a psychiatric case or falls under one of those syndromes.. unfortunately there's no remedy for physical pain that is born out of emotions and believe me if there were I'd be the first one both investing and using.. lol..

may Allah swt grant you shifa'a.. you know I really like that du3a of the prophet ibrahim (PBUH), “And when I am sick, it is. He (Allah) who cures me.” Suratul Shuara (26). Verse 80

Allah swt is our wali not some douche bag doc.
Yes I realize the hypocrisy of me saying so but it is because I know what I know that I say so..

Snowflake
11-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Edited in case... "Do not complement yourself, He (Allah) knows best of those who are pious." Surat An-Najm, (Verse 32

I love this hadith.

Hadith - Bukhari 7:555, Narrated 'Ata bin Abi Rabah

Ibn 'Abbas said to me, "Shall I show you a woman of the people of Paradise?" I said, "Yes." He said, "This black lady came to the Prophet and said, 'I get attacks of epilepsy and my body becomes uncovered; please invoke Allah for me.' The Prophet

said (to her), 'If you wish, be patient and you will have (enter) Paradise; and if you wish, I will invoke Allah to cure you.' She said, 'I will remain patient,' and added, 'but I become uncovered, so please invoke Allah for me that I may not become uncovered.' So he invoked Allah for her."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!