PDA

View Full Version : What are the things you appreciate MOST in people?



Flame of Hope
11-15-2011, 11:32 PM
:sl:

What are the things you appreciate most in people?

And how often do you show appreciation?

If we do not show appreciation as often as we should, what do you think could be the reason(s) why we keep silent? What do you think prevents us from speaking up?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
11-15-2011, 11:49 PM
:salamext:

Gratitude, good conduct in general.

I show it by returning the favour.
Reply

Salahudeen
11-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Riham
:sl:

What are the things you appreciate most in people?

And how often do you show appreciation?

If we do not show appreciation as often as we should, what do you think could be the reason(s) why we keep silent? What do you think prevents us from speaking up?
We don't speak up because we take it for granted and then the other person doesn't feel appreciated, this is why a lot of marriages break up I think, because one person starts taking the other for granted and doesn't appreciate the things they do anymore, kind've like a spoilt child who's become so used to you giving him stuff that he doesn't even say thank you anymore which is the most least way of showing appreciation (didn't know how to word that properly :hmm:)

So it's important to all ways show our appreciation so that others don't think we take them for granted and forget about how much they do for us.
Reply

syed1
11-16-2011, 12:19 AM
I like humbleness and modesty in a person. I also like to see intelligence in people I meet so that I may learn from them.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
serena77
11-16-2011, 12:20 AM
I appreciate the most honesty and people showing that they care about others, even in the smallest ways. For example it has really warmed my heart this last week or so at work we are collecting for five families in town, all the fixings for a huge holiday meal including turkey and other things. I'm trying to show that by not only bringing my items but i brought double in hopes that we all will do a little more and be able to provide for six if not seven famillies in town. Its not a lot. I know that. But for those famillies it will mean so much.

Serena
Reply

Snowflake
11-16-2011, 12:47 AM
What I really appreciate in people is their fear of Allah. If that's genuine then they will be too.
Reply

Flame of Hope
11-16-2011, 03:59 AM
:sl:

I really really really liked all the responses so far. :)

Alhamdulillah!
Reply

syed1
11-16-2011, 04:13 AM
I guess the question remains Riham... what do you like most about a person?
Reply

Ramadhan
11-16-2011, 07:21 AM
I think it must be honesty.
Reply

Marina-Aisha
11-16-2011, 11:24 AM
i have to say honesty the thing i hate the most when someone just bluntly lies to ur face..honesty is wot a appreciate the most, and kindness ie gives u there seat or opens the door for u i really like that especially when i have my double buggie with me :statisfie
Reply

syed1
11-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by marina28
especially when i have my double buggie with me
aww, In'shallah you meet the man of you dreams if your not already married.
Reply

Riana17
11-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Salam Alaikkum all, Been long time ukhtee nice to see you again


There are many things I appreciate & I would name a few not in sequencial order

1. When someone stand by you through thick and thin and never leave you especially in very nightmare of your life (what's the short word for this ehh?)
2. Patience
3. Humbleness
4. Generosity
5. Honesty
6. Simplicity (esp if that person has alot of blessings)

and yes I noted that Sis Dying Rose, its really nice to deal with Allah-fearing people.
Reply

Innocent Soul
11-16-2011, 12:37 PM
I love to answer your Q's Riham.

Almost all the things that Riana posted but I think the tolerance and not getting angry quickly are also very good qualities. I don't appreciate others much in religious matters because I think when someone appreciates me I feel that Allah has made me good and the thirst that I had for being a good Muslim will be quenched and my worship will not be much useful.
Reply

syed1
11-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
Riana posted
riana? "umberella "
Reply

Perseveranze
11-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Those who persevere through hardships. Even if it's a little compared to others, it's great to see people who don't give up easily.

"But they never lost heart if they met with disaster in Allah's way, nor did they weaken (in will) nor give in" [3: 146]
Reply

Flame of Hope
11-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by syed1
I guess the question remains Riham... what do you like most about a person?
:sl:

Don't you get me started.... I will burst! lol.

Here are just some of the things I like most in people.... and I'm thinking of some actual people I know as I write this:

1. A great sense of humor....

2. Open-mindedness....

3. Simplicity.......

4. Kindness......

5. Modesty.......

6. Gentleness.....

7. Fairness and impartiality....

8. Compassion and caring...

9. Cheerfulness...

10. Intelligence...

11. Steadfastness and consistency

12. Determination and will power

13. Organized, systematic, neat, tidy

14. Taking care of self....grooming, cleanliness

15. Mind their own business and don't poke their noses in other people's affairs.

16. Quick to say sorry and eager to make amends.

17. Do not complain.

18. Contented with what they have.

19. Say "Alhamdulillah" and "Istighfarallah" a lot.

20. Do their prayers on time.

21. Remind others about the Hereafter.

22. Selflessness and ever ready to serve others.

23. Moderate in worship.

24. Grateful and appreciative....

25......

*ok I'm gonna take a break.....

Of course..... I'm not done. lol. ;D
Reply

Flame of Hope
11-17-2011, 05:36 AM
:sl:

..... okay, so had my break and I think I will continue with my list. lol.

25. Reliability

26. Truthfulness, honesty, sincerity

27. Generosity...... not stingy.

28. Smiling

29. Not afraid of hard work

30. Wise and prudent

31. ......

Well, I'm going to stop right here.

Point is, if we look for the good there's plenty to be found in people around us.

The other point also is .......

We must appreciate people as much as we can. For they are here today, gone tomorrow. I think it's important to let them know what we appreciate about them... before they vanish from the face of this earth.
Reply

esperanza
11-17-2011, 10:22 AM
thanks for this wonderfulf post..if only we could find people in reality wiht all these qualities
Reply

Endymion
11-17-2011, 03:27 PM
I appriciate all the above qualities people mentioned if there timings are correct.If you are Very rich and powerful and people's opinion and actions dont matter to you and still you love them just for the sake of Allah SWT,you are simple,kind and helping,than this is more than just appriciating to me.
I like people speak the truth but a truth that hurt others,degrade anyone or open anyone's secret,such a true person is not appriciateable near me :statisfie People who Speak the truth without even care about themselves and be true just for the sake of truth,are appriciatable near me.
Some people pretend to be very out spoken and they claim that what they have in their hearts,the same they have on their lips and with this,they always point out your mistakes between a crowd..I appriciate being outspoken but this should be in a respectful manner and such a person have enough courage to have the same response from others.
I appriciate people when people offend them but they forgive them and keep nothing in their hearts just for the sake of Allah.
I appriciate people who dont back bite others and clear up all their matter at the time when something bad happened and dont whine after any dispute.


These are some i had in my mind,will share more next time :statisfie
Reply

Flame of Hope
11-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Endymion
I appriciate all the above qualities people mentioned if there timings are correct.If you are Very rich and powerful and people's opinion and actions dont matter to you and still you love them just for the sake of Allah SWT,you are simple,kind and helping,than this is more than just appriciating to me.
I like people speak the truth but a truth that hurt others,degrade anyone or open anyone's secret,such a true person is not appriciateable near me :statisfie People who Speak the truth without even care about themselves and be true just for the sake of truth,are appriciatable near me.
Some people pretend to be very out spoken and they claim that what they have in their hearts,the same they have on their lips and with this,they always point out your mistakes between a crowd..I appriciate being outspoken but this should be in a respectful manner and such a person have enough courage to have the same response from others.
I appriciate people when people offend them but they forgive them and keep nothing in their hearts just for the sake of Allah.
I appriciate people who dont back bite others and clear up all their matter at the time when something bad happened and dont whine after any dispute.


These are some i had in my mind,will share more next time :statisfie
:sl:

One of the things that I appreciate in this forum is the LIKE button.

But, I'm thinking.... for our little post by our sister Endymion, we need to have something called the REALLY LIKE button.

And even the REALLY LIKE button wouldn't be enough.

Because I want to give it LIKING rating.

So ..... I give our Endymion's post a 10 star rating. She gets 10 outta 10!!! :statisfie

Hope that gives and idea how much I appreciate and like her post. :)
Reply

sister herb
11-17-2011, 04:13 PM
I appreciate...

1. People whose havenĀ“t lost they humanity
Reply

Endymion
11-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Riham

:sl:

One of the things that I appreciate in this forum is the LIKE button.

But, I'm thinking.... for our little post by our sister Endymion, we need to have something called the REALLY LIKE button.

And even the REALLY LIKE button wouldn't be enough.

Because I want to give it LIKING rating.

So ..... I give our Endymion's post a 10 star rating. She gets 10 outta 10!!! :statisfie

Hope that gives and idea how much I appreciate and like her post. :)
:wa:

:-[
Blush blush.Im truly speech less before this piece of appreciation :X
Reply

Innocent Soul
11-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Riham
But, I'm thinking.... for our little post by our sister Endymion, we need to have something called the REALLY LIKE button.
Add Bro Salahuddin in that list :nervous:.
Reply

UmmuShaheed
01-27-2012, 02:56 AM
HONESTY! good personality
and like another sister said, I return the favor.
Reply

Who Am I?
01-27-2012, 03:12 AM
:sl:

Do the right thing, say the right thing, love God, and respect yourself.

That's it.

Simplicity is everything.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!