/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to wish to die young?

syed1
11-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Is it permissible to wish to die young?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Narrated Qais (Radi-Allahu 'anhum):

I came to Khabbab who had been branded with seven brands over his abdomen,
and I heard him saying, "If the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam): had
not forbidden us to invoke (Allah) for death, I would have invoked Allah
for it."

Bukhari Vol. 8 : No. 361

syed1
11-18-2011, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
n branded with seven brands over his abdomen,
what does that mean??

sometimes, especially today I just do not feel like living another moment. I don't know what to do at times like these as much as I'm trying to pray , I even fasted today. I feel like Shi*

Dagless
11-18-2011, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
what does that mean??
It's a mark which is burnt into the skin using a hot piece of metal. They usually do it to animals to show ownership.

sometimes, especially today I just do not feel like living another moment. I don't know what to do at times like these as much as I'm trying to pray , I even fasted today. I feel like Shi*
Why don't you post all the things which are bothering you and maybe someone can help? Use the anonymous account if you don't want to do it under your username. A problem shared etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
11-19-2011, 12:07 AM
I just wish to die in Fajr Salaah in the state of purity in Sujood and Khushoo inshallah.

Salahudeen
11-19-2011, 12:16 AM
We all have moments where we feel life is just too painful and overwhelming to go on, when I feel like this nothing anyone says can make me feel better, only listening to and reading Qur'an and contemplating my purpose get me out of this mode, it usually lasts 2-3 days.

جوري
11-19-2011, 12:20 AM
I have been having crappy days for ten + yrs, I think one day something is going to give but I go down for my baseline even.. and I think what's the point of all of this?.. It doesn't matter, nothing I do or worked for matters, I don't have many of the blessings that people far worse than me have without working as hard as I do.. but a sister here dear to me pointed out, that our main purpose in life isn't necessarily that we should see a harvest to what we sow in this life but what we sow for the hereafter. I too spend my days in fast and prayer hoping for relief and I don't know if relief will come but the act of worship itself is soothing and shouldn't leave you feeling like you can't live another moment rather that you should desire to live --do something to elevate your rank in the hereafter.. Just memorizing a verse from the Quran I read in a hadith that every verse raises you up in ranks in Jannah..
Allah swt chose for you to be Muslim & that's the greatest blessing of all, he granted you reason & wisdom, kinship to your fellow Muslims, and things we forget about in our desire for more..

walhi by Allah swt I had a patient once a 14 year old girl who was blind, incontinent of both feces & urine, with a very acute malformation of the spine that was impinging on her work of breathing. She didn't once while I was talking to her do anything but smile. Her mother and father two of the gentlest creatures, very polite & charming, her mother I can only imagine how it is like to have a child like that, and how she must be worried that if she passes away who would take care of this kid, no one besides a mother or a very highly paid nurse who shows up 4 hrs a day and maybe smacks you around a little for being a burden when no one is looking would change a diaper and help the blind. This woman put my own complains to shame.. During her daughter's operation she was reading the Quran, I visited her in the waiting room three times, never once did she take her eyes of the book except when I came to talk to her...
Just think no matter how bad you have it, there's someone a Muslim even on this earth who has it far worse than you and then reflect on the purpose of our life, which is to worship Allah swt.. work, play, marriage all that other stuff are the furnishings of this world and this world is meaningless, a great many nations before us have come and perished all their worldly woes are meaningless save for what they offered for the hereafter..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Salahudeen
11-19-2011, 12:23 AM
^ true, "Wealth and Children are the adornment of the life of this world. But the good righteous deeds, that last are better with your Lord for reward and better in respect of hope" Surah Kahf, we leave this world empty handed only our good/bad deeds continue with us

syed1
11-19-2011, 12:45 AM
thanks everyone, sister bluebell, your story makes sense. Yes, there are a lot of people out there who have it worse than me or you so I shouldn't be here feeling bad. I guess I don't really have valid reason for being so pessimistic when compared to those people as the family you described in your story...

to be honest.. the main problem I am having is financial difficultly.. It makes it hard for me to enjoy what I am doing, it makes it less desirable to want me to pray (even though I still will). It's not that I am losing faith that O Allah didn't provide me with wealth or that he took it away.. it just makes it really tough.. I guess that's why you need sabr or patience...

But see here is where it gets really depressing, if you agree that money is the root of all problem then a person would deduce that money is also the solution to all your problems...

with the lack of financial wealth it makes you constrained to what you can and can't do. You feel limited in your scope and the future. heck, sometimes I can't even find money to put gas in the car to drive to the masjid. I wish their were proper instituions set up for muslims to obtain personal riba free loans. Honestly, I wouldn't be so down right now if I could walk over to a bank and request a loan on 3 % interest with out having the feeling that I committed major sin...

My family has gone down this path, we are SUNK in debt, overwhelmed with RIBA, and I am legit scared of what is going to happen some to us

جوري
11-19-2011, 01:05 AM
That's a problem of the 99% (of people that is) just imagine added to that in some people's lives, unemployment, not married, cancer etc. etc.
just got this from a group of wall street protesters.

We Are The Many
Lyrics & Music by Makana
Makana Music LLC © 2011

Ye come here, gather ’round the stage
The time has come for us to voice our rage
Against the ones who’ve trapped us in a cage
To steal from us the value of our wage
From underneath the vestiture of law
The lobbyists at Washington do gnaw
At liberty, the bureaucrats guffaw
And until they are purged, we won’t withdraw
We’ll occupy the streets
We’ll occupy the courts
We’ll occupy the offices of you
Till you do
The bidding of the many, not the few

Our nation was built upon the right
Of every person to improve their plight
But laws of this Republic they rewrite
And now a few own everything in sight
They own it free of liability
They own, but they are not like you and me
Their influence dictates legality
And until they are stopped we are not free
We’ll occupy the streets
We’ll occupy the courts
Till you do

You enforce your monopolies with guns
While sacrificing our daughters and sons
But certain things belong to everyone
Your thievery has left the people none
So take heed of our notice to redress
We have little to lose, we must confess
Your empty words do leave us unimpressed
A growing number join us in protest
We occupy the streets
We occupy the courts
We occupy the offices of you
Till you do

You can’t divide us into sides
And from our gaze, you cannot hide
Denial serves to amplify
And our allegiance you can’t buy
Our government is not for sale
The banks do not deserve a bail
We will not reward those who fail
We will not move till we prevail
We’ll occupy the streets
We’ll occupy the courts
Till you do

We’ll occupy the streets
We’ll occupy the courts
Till you do
We are the many
You are the few

Dagless
11-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't be so down right now if I could walk over to a bank and request a loan on 3 % interest with out having the feeling that I committed major sin...
If you can't find an Islamic bank and you need the loan, doesn't the necessity come first? I mean if it's something you can pay back and will get you out of a dire situation? I don't know if this is a correct view but those living in countries where some things are borderline haraam sometimes have to play along (income tax, car insurance, mortgages etc.).

syed1
11-19-2011, 01:22 AM
yes, that makes sense that since I am seeking it out of necessity that it would be permitted, but you also have to think about it this way.. Because I know that I can pay the entire sum back within a months time, taking a loan from the bank would mean taking on interest even when you could of gone without paying interest if that makes sense.. Correct me if I am wrong but banks do not like it when you pay early since they make there money of interest and if you do pay a early you end up paying a predefined amount of interest... so either way you are paying some riba.... I'm going to keep seeking muslims or organisations that do this, that lend for a very short period of time so as to avoid usuary at any cost if it can be avoided..

a bank loan is my last resort.

Snowflake
11-19-2011, 01:58 AM
yes, that makes sense that since I am seeking it out of necessity that it would be permitted, but you also have to think about it this way.. Because I know that I can pay the entire sum back within a months time, taking a loan from the bank would mean taking on interest even when you could of gone without paying interest if that makes sense.. Correct me if I am wrong but banks do not like it when you pay early since they make there money of interest and if you do pay a early you end up paying a predefined amount of interest... so either way you are paying some riba.... I'm going to keep seeking muslims or organisations that do this, that lend for a very short period of time so as to avoid usuary at any cost if it can be avoided..

a bank loan is my last resort.
I don't think I agree with this, although I can't say for 100% it's haram as I'm not a scholar. I just go by the prohibitions mentioned in the Quran like regarding swine meat, which has clearly been outlined as permissible as a last resort. But nothing has been said about dealing with riba as a last resort. It's for this reason I avoid it. I'm not clear about how muslim banks work, except that you still pay back way more money on top of what you borrowed. Isn't any sum you pay back/take, in excess of what you borrowed defined as riba?

Have you heard of a 'committee'? It's a interest free loan scheme usually set up by housewives and very popular among Pakistanis. You can borrow thousands if there are enough people in it. I've gotten loans up to £4,000 which I paid back at the rate of £25 a week without a single penny on top. Insha Allah this will be better for you.

جوري
11-19-2011, 03:31 AM
my brother just sent me this to cheer me up, I am going to translate it:

... أراد إخوة سيدنا يوسف أن يقتلوه ( فلم يمت ) !! Joseph's brothers wanted to kill him but he didn't die

ثم أرادوا أن يمحى أثره ( فارتفع شأنه ) !! They wanted to erase him but instead he was exalted

ثم بيع ليكون مملوكا ( فأصبح ملكا ) !! He was sold to be owned but he was a master

ثم أرادوا أن يمحو محبته من قلب أبيه ( فإزدادت ) !! They wanted to erase the love of his father for him but it ever increased

( فلا تقلق من تدابير البشر

فإرادة الله فوق إرادة الكل ) so never worry of the will of the people, the will of God is above all

عندما كان يُوسف في السجن ، When Joseph was in prison

كان يوسف الأحسن بشهادتهم

" إنا نراك مِن المُحسنين " ..he was the best by their own admission ''indeed, we see you to be of those who do good."

لكن الله أخرجَهم قبله !! but they were released before him

وظلّ هو - رغم كل مميزاته - & he remained despite all his accolades

بعدهم في السجن بضعَ سنين !!

( الأول خرج ليُصبح خادماً ) ،The first was released to be a servant to the king

( والثاني خرج ليقتل ) ، the other was released to be killed

( ويوسف انتظر كثيراً ) !! and Joseph remained

لكنه .. خرج ليصبح " عزيز مصر " ، but he was released to become the 'Azeez' of Egypt

ليلاقي والديه ، وليفرح حد الاكتفاء .. To meet his parents and to rejoice in divine wisdom/promise

إلى كل أحلامنا المتأخرة : we all have our dreams that unravel later..

:w:

Ali_008
11-19-2011, 04:32 AM
:sl: The thread has already received some amazing advice. My only contribution will be asking you to go through IslamQA.com and the Advice & Support section of this forum. I'm quite confident that the problems people post over there will put yours to shame. Whenever I'm down and out, I think of people who are in a much worse predicament than mine and it all becomes well for me. I feel so grateful to Allah that he gave me a much lighter burden to bear than my fellow brothers & sisters. Moreover, Allah has given you this problem because He knows you can get out of it.

لَا نُكَلِّفُ نَفْسًا إِلَّا وُسْعَهَا
No burden do We place on any soul, but that which it can bear.
Surah # 7 - Al A'raf - Verse 42

Endymion
11-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Is it permissible to wish to die young?
If you wish to die as a Martyr,then,Yes.

I want to comment on sis Bell's post.The story of Yousef AS is indeed the best lesson for people who are facing difficulties and they are really bothered even they want to end their lives.
Surah Yousef is actually all about Sabr.The basic idea of this surah,to me,lies in this one line.

(12:56) Thus did We establish Joseph in the land so that he could settle wherever he pleased. We bestow favour, out of Our Mercy, on whomsoever We please, and We do not cause the reward of those who do good to go to waste.

And that was the thing Yousef AS and His Noble father Yaqoob AS hold tightly and spend 40 years of hardships without a word of complain.
Yaqoob AS,knew who is actually the responsible of the loss of his beloved son but it was a promise between him and Allah SWT that he will not talk about his hardships and griefs with anyone other than Allah SWT.In those 40 years of endless pain,he did'nt even said a word of complain and what ever he did was Sabr without complain and put his trust on Allah SWT.

(12:18) And they brought Joseph's shirt, stained with false blood. Seeing this their father exclaimed: "Nay (this is not true); rather your evil souls have made it easy for you to commit a heinous act. So I will bear this patiently, and in good grace. It is Allah's help alone that I seek against your fabrication.

And on the other side,Yousef AS,who was like a prince,enslaved and sold out on a very small amount of money.But he pass through all the hardships and put his trust on Almighty that one day,He SWT will reward him with good.
When ever i feel sad,i read this Surah and i always feel that my problems and my life is a thousand time more comfortable than the Noble Prophet so its really un fair if i complain on small issues.I put my trust on my Lord and i know He SWT will not waste me.
Have patience my brother,seek help with sabr and Salat and put your trust strong on Allah SWT.He SWT will not end you in waste Inshallah and tommorrow will be a better day for you.
May Allah SWT ease your affairs.Amen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!