/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to be dragged to hell by non-muslims?

Samiun
11-19-2011, 03:40 PM
:sl: I've been wondering. Since I study in a catholic school, will I be dragged to hell by non-muslims who I've failed to give da'wah to? Let's say I know most of them but I never really invite them to Islam with clear proofs from the Qur'an. What would the outcome be during the day of judgement? I heard a brother once told me that our good deeds will decrease and be given to another Muslim if we fail to maintain a call to what is right and forbid what is wrong to the Muslim we know at the day of judgement. So based on this, I thought that if I didn't give da'wah to non-muslims I would be sinning or dragged to hell..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-19-2011, 05:28 PM
:sl:

I often give da'wah to non-Muslims. However, my dawah is not to convert them to Islam, but only to make them know the truth about Islam and Muslims. In example, I explain them that it's not true if in Islam women are oppresed, it's not true if Islam suggest violence, etc. If then they want to convert to Islam, InshaAllah I will teach them about ibadah and other Islamic matters. But if they do not want to convert to Islam, it's OK. As long as they have know the truth about Islam, I am happy.

Just like you, I studied in Catholic elementary school since grade 1 until grade 4 before I moved to Bandung. All of my teachers there are female, they are nuns.

They're good teachers. They often went out in the evening, walked, not rode any vehicle only to visit their students homes. Sometime they visited my home too. They really care on me, they really love me. They taught me every thing except one, ... their religion.

Let me say honestly, they never tried to convert me or anyone to their religion, altought they had chances for it. Maybe this is the factor that makes me always respect to other religions.

I hope missionaries from other religions follow what I do. Give "da'wah" not to convert anyone but only to make other people know about their religions and build a religious tolerance.

Abu.Yusuf
03-18-2012, 09:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I often give da'wah to non-Muslims. However, my dawah is not to convert them to Islam, but only to make them know the truth about Islam and Muslims. In example, I explain them that it's not true if in Islam women are oppresed, it's not true if Islam suggest violence, etc. If then they want to convert to Islam, InshaAllah I will teach them about ibadah and other Islamic matters. But if they do not want to convert to Islam, it's OK. As long as they have know the truth about Islam, I am happy.

This sounds like you only clear any misconceptions/lies against Islaam and not actually invite them to embrace Islaam. Clearing up lies against Islaam is good and a part of Dawah, but the ACTUAL Dawah to the Non Muslims is to invite them to embrace Islaam. The Prophet [saw] said: I will continue to call the people until they say the Shahaadah. Yes, it is Haraam to force someone to become Muslim, but we should always encourage them to become Muslims

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Let me say honestly, they never tried to convert me or anyone to their religion, altought they had chances for it. Maybe this is the factor that makes me always respect to other religions.
Brother, you are implying some serious things here. From your statements, it sounds like you think that trying to convert people to Islaam [invite/encourage them to embrace Islaam] is not a respectable thing to do... If this is what you are trying to say, then you should change your views on this - as I have mentioned the Prophet [saw] did this.
And as for respecting other religions, we dont respect other peoples false beliefs...

format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
I've been wondering. Since I study in a catholic school, will I be dragged to hell by non-muslims who I've failed to give da'wah to? Let's say I know most of them but I never really invite them to Islam with clear proofs from the Qur'an. What would the outcome be during the day of judgement? I heard a brother once told me that our good deeds will decrease and be given to another Muslim if we fail to maintain a call to what is right and forbid what is wrong to the Muslim we know at the day of judgement. So based on this, I thought that if I didn't give da'wah to non-muslims I would be sinning or dragged to hell..
I dont know about getting dragged by non-muslims, but yes you would be sinning if you are not engaged in Dawah. It is obliged for you to give Dawah to the non-muslims or they would blame you on the Day of Judgement

Ramadan90
03-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Even practice your religion as perfect as possible is a dawah. If you follow the sunnah and they see that you are diffrent from other people(in a good way) then that is dawah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jedi_Mindset
03-18-2012, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
Even practice your religion as perfect as possible is a dawah. If you follow the sunnah and they see that you are diffrent from other people(in a good way) then that is dawah.
Lead by example, be a good muslim, help people often. indeed you're right. :D

Ramadan90
03-18-2012, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Lead by example, be a good muslim, help people often. indeed you're right. :D
Exactly bro. This is where we all should start.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!