/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am I reciting this correctly?

syed1
11-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Salam,

while praying, after sujood, we sit and recite the following:

plese pay attention to the font in Red... I used to read it exactly as shown below but recently I came across a book @ my local mosque and It had small difference and so I thought I was wrong and learned the new way.. The new way I learned is in BLUE. Please tell me which one is the correct way or if both are correct... thanks

"At-Tahiyyatu lillahi This means: “Greetings, prayers andwas- Salawatu wat-Tayyibatu. goodness belong to Allah.As-Salamu ' alaika Peace be on you,ayyuhannabiyyuO Prophetwa rahmatullahi and the mercy of Allahwa barakatuhu. and His blessings.Assalamu 'alaina wa’ala Peace be on us and onibadil-Lahis -Salihin the righteous servants of Allahash hadu al-La ilaha I bear witness thatil-Lal lahu there is no god but Allah,wa ash hadu anna and bear witness thatMuhammadan abduhu Muhammad is His servantwa rasuluhu." and Messenger.”

This is the way I began reading it now:

ash hadu al-La ilaha I bear witness that
il-Lal lahu WAH DA Hu LA SHARIKA LA there is no god but Allah,
wa ash hadu anna and bear witness that
Muhammadan abduhu Muhammad is His servant
wa rasuluhu." and Messenger.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
11-29-2011, 10:42 PM
:sl:

I read and have always read the red way, and I know that the red way is shown in the ahadeeth, in Sahih Bukhari 1/181 and Sahih Muslim 1/419.

I don't know about the blue way, that's the first time I've heard of that.

And Allah knows best in all matters.

Ghazalah
11-29-2011, 10:51 PM
Wslm...

There is no difference in the meaning, saying the one in blue is where you're testifying He is the only one worthy of being God and being worshipped (ahad) and you're not associating Him with anything else. (La Sharika Lah)

Insaanah
11-29-2011, 11:08 PM
^That's true, but I guess we need a hadeeth to show that Rasoolullah :saws: did add those words in, before we do it. I do not feel comfortable to say that something's ok, without it.

Edit: Just found a reference for the second one:

تشهد ابن عمر رضي الله عنهما : ( التَّحِيَّاتُ لِلَّهِ وَالصَّلَوَاتُ وَالطَّيِّبَاتُ السَّلَامُ عَلَيْكَ أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ السَّلَامُ عَلَيْنَا وَعَلَى عِبَادِ اللَّهِ الصَّالِحِينَ ، أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ ) رواه أبو داود (971) وصححه الألباني

http://www.islamqa.com/ar/ref/98031 (Arabic)
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/98031 (English)

So they're both good, alhamdulillah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!