/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage ceremony

Marina-Aisha
11-24-2011, 03:35 PM
i read this in another thread...just had few questions...(cos the thread is closed)
Nikah: This is the process by which a man and a woman become husband and wife. The short ceremony is usually conducted by an Imam. A minimum of two witnesses are required to be present in the nikah. The bride must always be accompanied by a Wali or guradian. During this ceremony the mahr (or marriage gift) that the groom gives to his bride is also decided. The Imam delivers the "Khutbah" of the nikah, which is a sermon with Quranic verses and Islamic speech. The Nikah process makes both the man and woman legal for each other as husband and wife.

does that mean my family would have to be there?couldnt i have someone else give me away?is that all that happens in a muslim wedding?any info would be great thanx.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-24-2011, 10:15 PM
Salaam, sister.

Woman need Wali Nasab in nikah procession. Wali Nasab is her father, or her grandfather from her father side, or her brother, or her uncle from her father side. If all of those Wali Nasab cannot be her wali, or refuse to become wali for her, she can request an officer from sharia institution or officer from Muslim government to be her wali in nikah, it called Wali Hakim. If she cannot find Wali Hakim, she can request an Alim, or a Muslim man who competent in teaching Islamic knowledge, to be her wali in nikah. It called Wali Tahkim.

I often heard, in Hanafi madhab, women can marry without wali. But I need further explanation about it from someone who know much about Hanafi fiqh.

'Abd-al Latif
11-24-2011, 10:42 PM
:salamext:

You may find this a bit lengthy but I'm sure you'll find a lot of benefit, as well as a lot of answers to your questions, in these videos.

Marriage Contract - Its Basic Elements by Sheikh Muhammad al-Jibaly

The Quest for Love & Mercy between Spouses - Muhammad Al-Jibaly

The Quest for Love & Mercy between Spouses - Questions & Answers - Muhammad Al-Jibaly

'Abd-al Latif
11-24-2011, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I often heard, in Hanafi madhab, women can marry without wali. But I need further explanation about it from someone who know much about Hanafi fiqh.
Abu Moosa said that the Prophet (:saws1:) said: "There is no (valid) marriage without a wali." [1]

It was narrated that ‘Aisha (r) said that the Messenger of Allah (:saws1:) said: "Any woman who gets married without the permission of her wali, her marriage is invalid, her marriage is invalid, her marriage is invalid. If the marriage has been consummated then she is entitled to the dowry because she allowed the man to be intimate with her. If she does not have a wali then the ruler is the wali of one who does not have a wali." [2]

1. (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1101; Abu Dawood, 2085; Ibn Maajah, 1881. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 1/318).

2. (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1102; Abu Dawood, 2083; Ibn Maajah, 1879. This hadeeth was classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi and as saheeh by Ibn Hibbaan (9/384) and al-Haakim (2/183)).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
11-25-2011, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I heard that this is only a concession granted when the girl's wali refuses without legitimate reason.

Marina-Aisha
11-25-2011, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:salamext:

You may find this a bit lengthy but I'm sure you'll find a lot of benefit, as well as a lot of answers to your questions, in these videos.

Marriage Contract - Its Basic Elements by Sheikh Muhammad al-Jibaly

The Quest for Love & Mercy between Spouses - Muhammad Al-Jibaly

The Quest for Love & Mercy between Spouses - Questions & Answers - Muhammad Al-Jibaly

the first video was really helpful thank you

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Abu Moosa said that the Prophet (:saws1:) said: "There is no (valid) marriage without a wali." [1]

It was narrated that ‘Aisha (r) said that the Messenger of Allah (:saws1:) said: "Any woman who gets married without the permission of her wali, her marriage is invalid, her marriage is invalid, her marriage is invalid. If the marriage has been consummated then she is entitled to the dowry because she allowed the man to be intimate with her. If she does not have a wali then the ruler is the wali of one who does not have a wali." [2]

1. (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1101; Abu Dawood, 2085; Ibn Maajah, 1881. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 1/318).

2. (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1102; Abu Dawood, 2083; Ibn Maajah, 1879. This hadeeth was classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi and as saheeh by Ibn Hibbaan (9/384) and al-Haakim (2/183)).
yes in the video it did say that also...thank you everyone for all there help u have all been very helpful thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!