View Full Version : A question!

11-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Assalaamu'alaikum everyone,
My dad wanted to know how to become an authorized Hajj/Umrah travel agent (in the UK).. does anybody know the legal processes that are involved? Any help would be appreciated.

Jazak'Allah Khairun.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
11-25-2011, 10:24 PM
:wa: sister,

This may not be much help, but have a look at these two links from the Saudi Ministry of Hajj website:


I would also suggest that you post the same question here, which is the Hajj and Umrah section of Ummah.com forums. The Hajj and Umrah section is very active and I believe that at least one Hajj/Umrah agent participates there regularly, in answering peoples questions etc, so you may get a better chance of a helpful and relevant answer:



11-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Assalamualikum, sister Hannah

I guess, as a non-Muslim country, UK doesn't have special rule for hajj travel agent.

But arrange a hajj trip is different than arrange a leisure trip, because there is quota for hajj who can come to Saudi Arabia during hajj season. If a hajj travel agent doesn't hold this quota, their customers will not get hajj visa. But there is no quota for umrah

Your dad can contact Saudy Embassy in London (30 Charles Street, W1J 5DZ - Tel: +44 (0)20 7917 3000) to get information about how to become an authorized Hajj/Umrah travel agent in the UK, and get hajj quota. They have consular service for hajj and umrah.

This is the web page of about hajj and umrah from Saudy Embassy website.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up


Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!