/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Things every Muslim MUST know!

Hulk
11-30-2011, 12:06 PM
I am talking about the Fard ain.. is it possible to make a list here? Please contribute if you know something that is Fard Ain.. not from your own "guess".

How to make wudu
What are the things that nullify wudu
What causes minor impurity/what to do next
What causes major impurity/what to do next
Al Fatiha (for daily prayers)
How to do the daily obligatory prayers. (alone) (or with imam)

please add if you know

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Qaswa
12-03-2011, 03:37 AM
Allah says in the quran in Surah Al-Ma' idah
"O you who have believed, when you rise to [perform] prayer, wash your faces and your forearms to the elbows and wipe over your heads and wash your feet to the ankles. " 5:6

From the above verse its clear that washing the face, forearms to the elbows, wiping head, washing feet are the fard. But Rasoolullah sallallahu alahiwasallam has shown us how should be performed, is recorded in the below hadeeth from Sahih Bukhari as narrated by Amr bin Yahya.

"My father said, "I saw Amr bin Abi Hasan asking 'Abdullah bin Zaid about the ablution of the Prophet. Abdullah bin Zaid asked for an earthenware pot containing water and performed ablution in front of them. He poured water over his hands and washed them thrice. Then he put his (right) hand in the pot and rinsed his mouth and washed his nose by putting water in it and then blowing it out thrice with three handfuls of water Again he put his hand in the water and washed his face thrice. After that he put his hand in the pot and washed his forearms up to the elbows twice and then again put his hand in the water and passed wet hands over his head by bringing them to the front and then to the back and once more he put his hand in the pot and washed his feet (up to the ankles.)"

About things that nullify wudu, imams of the four different madhabs have taught us differently. The common rules among them being, passing gas, answering call of nature, sexual contact.

Flame of Hope
12-03-2011, 05:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
I am talking about the Fard ain.. is it possible to make a list here? Please contribute if you know something that is Fard Ain.. not from your own "guess".
:sl:

I'd like to say you have started a very important topic. I hope we will get many good responses to this thread.

Here are some things I believe every Muslim MUST know:

1. Why they believe in Allah and Prophet Muhammad (saws).

2. The meaning of La ila il Allah, Muhammaddar Rasul Allah and why it is the key to salvation.

3. The things that can nullify our deeds.

4. The things that please Allah.

5. The things that incur Allah's wrath.

6. The proper way to greet people.

7. Obligations, duties and responsibilities.

8. That the battle with Shaytan can only be fought with knowledge.

9. That sincerity in worship a daily and life-long struggle....

10. That Islam is the religion of truth, justice, peace, equality, moderation, compassion and mercy.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!