/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Requesting a mobile site

peace_maker
11-30-2011, 08:33 PM
To administrators/moderators,

I really apprieciate the upgrades made in the site, especially the "like" button. :D

But, there are a few problems in the site when operated from mobile phones. I will list some--

*Some buttons are like dummy. I take the cursor, and click, but nothing happens.

*Sometimes, I can't even edit my posts.

*Sometimes, it doesn't show me logged in, in the home page. It shows logged in, in all the other pages except the home page.

*When I post a VM, it tells me that there are errors in my post, and takes me to edit it; Although, it has already posted it.

*I also cannot set my mood.

*After the upgrade, I can't make paragraphs in my post.

The page is displayed as in the PC, but some options are not functioning. I'm a regular mobile phone user, as I don't have time to sit at a PC. It would be really nice if there was a mobile site. Things would be much easier.

Please take this into your considerations.

(I've put up a poll to find out if anyone agrees. Pls vote.)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzzy_786
11-30-2011, 08:42 PM
From what I know this forum hasnt made a site which can be viewed on a website yet... Its main focus is for users who are on the computer :S

However, If there planning on making a mobile style website, I'd advice them to take your suggestions on-board. :statisfie

'Abd-al Latif
12-01-2011, 01:27 AM
:salamext:

I believe an app is due for Li. Many popular forums already have this.

Abdul-Raouf
12-01-2011, 04:07 PM
im facing most of the issues mentioned in the OP...

Pls make LI mobile friendly ....esp. Android OS :).... InshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
peace_maker
02-17-2012, 07:21 PM
New discovery. :D I am now able to make paragraphs (from phone). But only through Basic or Standard Editor.

Anyhow, keep working on the mobile site... You are working on it, right? :hiding:

Vote people! Vote!

Haya emaan
02-18-2012, 09:51 AM
the site never opens from my mobile^o)

Dagless
02-18-2012, 12:33 PM
http://www.tapatalk.com/

It'll save having to make a different version of the site for mobiles, and it's FREE.

Txyib
02-18-2012, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker

I really apprieciate the upgrades made in the site, especially the "like" button. :D

But, there are a few problems in the site when operated from mobile phones. I will list some--

*Some buttons are like dummy. I take the cursor, and click, but nothing happens.

*Sometimes, it doesn't show me logged in, in the home page. It shows logged in, in all the other pages except the home page.

*When I post a VM, it tells me that there are errors in my post, and takes me to edit it; Although, it has already posted it.

The page is displayed as in the PC, but some options are not functioning. I'm a regular mobile phone user, as I don't have time to sit at a PC. It would be really nice if there was a mobile site. Things would be much easier.

salaaam
this webpage does work on phones ,i use this webpage and it works just fine on android with no bugs or anything and i suspect its the same with apple devices so why dont you get a andoid device or an apple device and it will not work on other phones due to flash player and the phone cannot suppport such type of webpages
wasalam
TaYiB

peace_maker
02-18-2012, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tayib786
salaaam
this webpage does work on phones ,i use this webpage and it works just fine on android with no bugs or anything and i suspect its the same with apple devices so why dont you get a andoid device or an apple device and it will not work on other phones due to flash player and the phone cannot suppport such type of webpages
wasalam
TaYiB
:wa:
I know it works for android and iOS buuuut, not everybody has those. There are people who have symbian as well.

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Daim! I am the only person who have voted for the 'No' option. lol

Huzzy_786
02-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Inshallah if the admins go to the following web-site called "TapaTalk" they can install the plugin and with a few simple steps they can make a mobile app inshallah :)

This is what I am currently using for Dawah Forum

Beardo
02-18-2012, 08:05 PM
If you guys know a plugin that can be installed or a mobile theme, I can have it implemented, insha-Allah. :statisfie

peace_maker
02-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! :D

Marina-Aisha
02-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Have to say that whenever I use my blackberry it's super slow would nice to have app :p

peace_maker
02-19-2012, 08:16 AM
Seriously! :exhausted

BB browser = Major patience test :p

Neon Teen
02-20-2012, 10:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
If you guys know a plugin that can be installed or a mobile theme, I can have it implemented, insha-Allah. :statisfie
Dude u can do it via duda mobile its very easy! All u hav to do is enter all da asked stuff n choose/design a template n it transforms IB to mobile form.
Hope it was iformative!!

Neon Teen
02-20-2012, 10:26 AM
* dudamobile.com :D

Dagless
02-20-2012, 01:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Neon Teen
* dudamobile.com :D
Minimum of $9/month.

format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
So far we have:

tapatalk - works on Android, iOS, and Blackberry... for some reason the Symbian version was discontinued... (possibly because peace_maker had it).
dudamobile - I've never used it, but any company willing to put 'duda' in their name can't be bad.

Shall we wait for one more alternative and then have a vote?

peace_maker
02-20-2012, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
for some reason the Symbian version was discontinued... (possibly because peace_maker had it).
I shall have my revenge, Tapatalk! :anger:

format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Shall we wait for one more alternative and then have a vote?
Which one? :unsure:

AabiruSabeel
06-17-2012, 04:03 PM
:sl:

A lightweight mobile style has been added to the forum. You can select it from the style chooser at the bottom of the page. Please provide your feedback and suggestions for improving it.

Txyib
06-17-2012, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker

salaam
sister / brother
this is what i was requesting so why not join my post and comment because the admins have replied and you too can be part of the conversation
http://www.islamicboard.com/forum-he...artphones.html
wasalam

peace_maker
06-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Thanks a billion for that theme. The pages open in a jiffy! :D Although it lacks many options behind, but still, I guess, it's pretty good for a starter. ATM, there's only one thing I'm going to complain about, and that's the user CP. This is how it appears.... The subscribed threads with the new posts are not there.
Attachment 4938

~Raindrop~
06-23-2012, 12:05 AM
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Only just seen this! I like the new mobile theme ما شاء الله, pages are quick to load. It's basic, but I think it works well.

Member profiles might need a bit of improvement though.

جوري
06-23-2012, 03:16 AM
Excuse my ignorance but what just happened?
How do I access this? I already get Islamicboard on my cell and Ipad through safari so how is this any different? furthermore, I just went to App store and I am not finding this I only see ummah forum when I types in Islamic board..

AabiruSabeel
06-23-2012, 03:21 AM
^ At the bottom of the page in left corner, you will find a drop-down menu for Quick Style Chooser. There's a new Lightweight style there for mobile users.

جوري
06-23-2012, 03:29 AM
aha.. I must be an old coot when I was so hip and young at the turn of the millennium but I think I'll stick to default on the iphone.. Oh God I hate to admit this but I seem habitual.. not sure how the light would make life easier but I prefer a full fat meal in small portion ... :X

Jazaka Allah khyran for explaining.. I feel I have arrived..:p

Haya emaan
06-23-2012, 11:00 AM
JAZAKALLAH for the mobile site.. its too simple, light and quick alhamdulillah..

but as many features aren't there it will take much time to adjust with it...

AabiruSabeel
01-25-2017, 06:54 PM
:salam:

According to analytics and records, almost 70% of visitors are on mobile. They view the forum using the mobile style (not the app). App users are different.

Does anyone have any suggestions to improve the mobile style? How is your experience using it?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!