PDA

View Full Version : Do braces change the shape of your face/jaw?



Salahudeen
12-01-2011, 10:17 PM
I wore braces a while back, after I took the braces off my teeth moved back, I think I can notice a change in my jew structure from when I wore the braces to now. Do braces change your face shape?? Or am I just paranoid???
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
12-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I wore braces a while back, after I took the braces off my teeth moved back, I think I can notice a change in my jew structure from when I wore the braces to now. Do braces change your face shape?? Or am I just paranoid???
I came to this topic because I smelled a tragic typo and I did...I'm always right.

Right, back to reality, I don't think braces change your entire face structure. I know many people that wear braces, took them off and their facial structure did not change. They did look very different without their braces.
Reply

Salahudeen
12-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
I came to this topic because I smelled a tragic typo and I did...I'm always right.

Right, back to reality, I don't think braces change your entire face structure. I know many people that wear braces, took them off and their facial structure did not change. They did look very different without their braces.

;D tragic typo indeed
Reply

Muezzin
12-01-2011, 11:15 PM
I wore a brace. My Jew structure is unaffected.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Maryan0
12-02-2011, 07:20 AM
I think they do. I've seen people whose jaw or chin become more prominant. I think it mainly happens with people who have overbites corrected.
Salam
Reply

Muezzin
12-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Maryan0
I think they do. I've seen people whose jaw or chin become more prominant. I think it mainly happens with people who have overbites corrected.
Salam
The chin probably appears more prominent because the overbite has been reduced.

Still, if the original poster is unsure, the best person to ask is the dentist (or orthodontist).
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!