/* */

PDA

View Full Version : probably a silly question but...

syed1
12-06-2011, 06:38 PM
in the surah Al zalzala provided below the translation for the last 2 ayats are the same, yet they are different words in arabic... just wondering if this is an error or they are two synonymous words ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
12-06-2011, 07:33 PM
They are not the same.

Verse 7 translation (from the video):
So whosoever does good equal to the weight of an atom shall see it.

Verse 8 translation (from the video):
And whosoever does evil equal to the weight of an atom shall see it

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-06-2011, 09:25 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

To confirm the last 2 verses are not completely the same.

This verse (verse 7) speaks of the good.

"Then shall anyone who has done an atom's weight of good, see it!"

This verse (verse 8) speaks of the evil.

"And anyone who has done an atom's weight of evil, shall see it."

Though they are a little similar in the rest of the wording, the verses explain those who have done the atom worth of good shall see it and those who have done the atom worth of evil shall also see it.

Hope i've not misunderstood, if so i hope someone can clarify.

syed1
12-06-2011, 10:12 PM
oh thanks, wow I was completely over looking the "good" and "evil" part and focusing on the last part....thanks tho

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayesha.ansari
12-12-2011, 04:31 AM
JAZAKALLAH very nice video.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!