/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Qur'anic Names For Makkah!

Tawangar
12-07-2011, 06:32 AM
:sl:
Al Salamu ‘Alaykum.

Names of Makka in the Qur’an:

Makka: Sura Fath, v.24

Bakkah: Sura Aal-e-‘Imraan, v.96.

Umm al Qura: Sura An’aam, v.92.

Al Balad: Sura Ibrahim, v.35.

Al Balad al Ameen: Sura Tin, v.3.

Al Baladah: Sura Naml, v.91.

Haram Aamin: Sura Qasas, v.57.

Wadi Ghayr Dhi Zarr: Sura Ibrahim, v.37.

Ma'ad: Sura Qasas, v.85.

Qaryah: Sura Muhammad, v.13.

Masjid Haram.

‘Alaykum Salam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayesha.ansari
12-14-2011, 05:49 AM
JAZAKALLAH khair. this is really new information for me i have read these but never observe that or never memorize that. well i will try to memorize it and share with every one.

Ramadhan
12-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Makkah's name in the OT: Valley of Baca is emeq ha-Baka (hebrew)
And the description of valley of Baka in the OT:

Psalm 84: 3-6
Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young--a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.
Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Selah
Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools.

Anyone who has been to Makkah and masjidil haram would know that there are many swallows building nests on top of buildings nearby/masjidil haram and they fly around in circles around ka'bah.
There are also always people performing shalah and tawaf, reciting qur'an, saying takbir, praising Allah (swt)
Makkah/Bakkah is teh destination of hajj and umrah pilgrimage
Everyone know that rains regularly caused flood in Makkah.

amiyr
12-17-2011, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tawangar
:sl:
Al Salamu ‘Alaykum.

Names of Makka in the Qur’an:

Makka: Sura Fath, v.24

Bakkah: Sura Aal-e-‘Imraan, v.96.

Umm al Qura: Sura An’aam, v.92.

Al Balad: Sura Ibrahim, v.35.

Al Balad al Ameen: Sura Tin, v.3.

Al Baladah: Sura Naml, v.91.

Haram Aamin: Sura Qasas, v.57.

Wadi Ghayr Dhi Zarr: Sura Ibrahim, v.37.

Ma'ad: Sura Qasas, v.85.

Qaryah: Sura Muhammad, v.13.

Masjid Haram.

‘Alaykum Salam.
as_salaamu alaykum

There is also the understanding that the exact spot where the ka"bah is is bakkah and the land around is called makkah.

+salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tawangar
01-14-2012, 07:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayesha.ansari
JAZAKALLAH khair. this is really new information for me i have read these but never observe that or never memorize that. well i will try to memorize it and share with every one.
Wa jazaka, sister, May Allah bless you.

Tawangar
01-16-2012, 06:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amiyr
as_salaamu alaykum

There is also the understanding that the exact spot where the ka"bah is is bakkah and the land around is called makkah.

+salaam
Wa'laykum Salam.
This is one of the 4 opinions on the matter:
1) Bakkah is the specific area where the Ka'bah is located.(Al Qamus al Muhit)
2) The Ka'bah and its immediate surroundings are referred to as Bakkah while the rest of the city is called Makkah.
3) The Ka'bah and the Masjid al Haram are Bakkah and the rest of the city is Makkah.
4) Bakkah and Makkah both refer to the entire city and are synonyms.
Wa salam.

Knight20
04-03-2020, 08:40 PM
Please don't spread wrong information, don't misguide people, like u mentioned
Qaryah in Surah Mahmood, Qaryah is not a name of Makkah
. Makkah is mentioned with only five other names in Quran, that are Makkah, Bakkah, Al-Balad, Al-Qaryah and Umm-al-Qura. I request the Admin don't allow the spread of wrong information.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!