/* */

PDA

View Full Version : أبيات في قبح الغناء لابن القيم

BlackMamba
12-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Salaam, I was wondering whether anyone on here that knows Arabic would be able to translate, or at least give the general meaning of this poem:
أبيات في قبح الغناء لابن القيم

تلي الكتاب فأطرقوا , لا خيفة
لكنه إطراق ساه لاهي

و أتى الغناء فكالذباب تراقصوا
و الله ما رقصوا من أجل الله
دف و مزمار و نغمة شاهد
فمتى شهدت عبادة بملاهي ؟

ثقل الكتاب عليهم لما رأوا
تقييده بأوامر و نواهي
و عليهم خف الغنا لما رأوا
إطلاقه في اللهو دون مناهي
يا فرقة ما ضر دين محمد
وجنى عليه و مله إلا هي
سمعوا له رعدا و برقا إذ حوى
زجرا و تخويفا بفعل مناهي
و رأوه أعظم قاطع للنفس عن
شهواتها يا ويحها المتناهي
و أتى السماع موافقا أغراضها
فلأجل ذاك غدا عظيم الجاه
أين المساعد للهوى من قاطع
أسبابه عند الجهول الساهي
إن لم يكن خمر الجسوم فإنه
خمر العقول ممائل و مضاهي
فانظر إلى النشوان عند شرابه
و انظر إلى النشوان عند ملاهي
و انظر إلى تمزيق ذا أثوابه
من بعد تمزيق الفؤاد اللاهي
فاحكم بأي الخمرتين أحق
بالتحريم و التأثم عند الله

بقلم الإمام ابن قيم الجوزية -
مدارج السالكين- الجزء2- 94-95

I don't know Arabic, so I'd appreciate if someone could give me the general meaning of the poem. I tried google translate and it didn't really give me much at all. JazakAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
12-07-2011, 07:50 PM
It is an absent minded knock
They like flies gyrate to the song dancing and by God it wasn't a dance for God with duff and a lute or the chant of a witness, when have you seen worship in clubs?
The book became heavy for them when they saw jurisprudence, right from wrong yet the song became light as they saw it had no restrictions.
Oh you group of sin against the religion of Mohammed tainted it, and filled it with emptiness and found the greatest comforter to the soul if not liquor for the soul, a liquor for the mind .. look at how jubilant with drink and jubilant with absent mindedness, and look how it tears the clothes after it tears the heart, the heart that is lost..
Do speak of which of the two liquors is more worthy of prohibition and sinfulness?

______

this is very roughly what it entails, you get the gist there's alot and I mean loads that is lost in my translation..

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!