/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what are some of the best methods of giving da'wah to other teenagers?

♥ Sofia ♥
12-13-2011, 03:06 PM
:salamext:

i'm a young teenager myself, and i personally think (from experience) that the hardest thing is to spread the love of islam to others your age, especially ones who you're close with who also happen not yet to be a part of this deen. may allah swt open their hearts up to islam.

however, my friends aren't bad people. i want to be able to show them islam and even have them accept islam insha'Allah. i was just wondering, maybe from a revert's point of view, or someone who recently became more firm in their deen through their friends or family or just people around you - what did you find worked best for you?

what encouraged you to look further into the deen and become a better person?

and also to the other muslims: what is the most successful?

i'm just asking this because i know my friends would not want to read a thick book or hours of lectures on something they're already very skeptical about. they need to really be eased into something to get the picture.

one of my friends reverted a while ago masha'Allah. she came from a really strong athiest family. she said that what won her over was the tight knit muslim community and the good examples of muslimahs around her etc. that persuaded her to look further and she reverted on a gut instinct. may allah swt keep her steadfast.

my other friends aren't really like her - although my friend was really set in her beliefs she had the sort of personality which enabled her to WANT to see the other side of an argument. the others simply believe there's no god or they're just unsure.

jazakallah khayr. p.s., sorry if this is in the wrong section... didn't know where else to post this :p:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tomo19
12-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Assalamu alaikum
:sl:

I'm a revert (well, I will be soon insha Allah), 16 years old. One of my best friends is a Muslim, and I've known her since I was 12, since I started to actually be aware of religion (I was raised an athiest- I can relate to your friend!). She didn't talk to us too often about Islam, but always did her best to answer our questions. Most of all, though, she was just a good example. Not perfect, of course, but she showed us that our steriotypes about Muslims weren't very accurate, and gave us a good impression of Islam.

For example, a while ago me and a few other friends were at a park and we saw a lady wearing hijab (there aren't many of them in my city). Instead of looking at her with pity or suspicion, they smiled and said "oh, look at her hijab!".

So, my advice would be to not overdue the da'wah to your friends, because that might turn them away, but do your best to show them what real Muslims should be like, rather than the ones they see on the news, and be eager to talk about Islam if they bring it up.

Aprender
12-29-2011, 04:38 AM
Get the basics of Islam down for yourself and try to live your life according to Quran and Sunnah. People take notice of good character.

~Zaria~
12-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Firstly, I am so impressed and amazed when i read posts such as these from our young muslim brothers and sisters - MASHA-ALLAH!

I would suggest introducing them to dynamic islamic speakers - I have a few personal favourites (e.g Sheikh Hamza Yusuf, Sh. Anwar Al-Awlaki, Mufti Ismail Menk, Sh. Yunus Patel.....to name a few). Perhaps, download a few talks on CD and surprise them with a different type of gift from the norm....:)

Speakers who have the love of Allah (subhanawata a'la) and his Rasul (sallahu alaihi wasalam) rolling off their tongues.
Speakers who bring you to tears with their sincerity and heart-felt duaas (the late Moulana Yunus Patel - brought entire masjids to tears, Alhamdulillah)

This is a means of softening the hearts.

For the reality is, most of us do not have the means or privilege to be rubbing shoulders with the pious/ those with higher levels of imaan than ourselves.

And honestly: we are/ we become the company we keep!

Also: introduce them to forums such as these.....Alhamdulillah - many a closed mind and heart has opened after reading through posts such as these.

And finally - initiate conversations about islam - our beloved Nabi (sallahu alaihi wasalam) - his Sunnah, etc etc. whenever u get an opportunity.

Start a halqa group amongst your friends - where you can discuss a particular hadith/ ayat, and everyone contributes and learns, insha Allah.

Invite your friends to Islamic events/ courses that you may be aware of in your area.

May Allah reward you for all your efforts, and keep you on the path of the righteous. Ameen.

Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
♥ Sofia ♥
12-31-2011, 02:36 PM
jazakallah khayr for your replies! :)

i think the first step i'm going to take is bettering myself as a person insha'Allah. i'm sort of known for carrying a hot temper at times, and although i do like to think i'm understanding, it can be intimidating when you want to learn about something from a person who appears to have a short fuse and people might think they'd annoy me with such questions. i'll have to work on that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!