/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims in the U.S are the richest and most educated!

جوري
12-20-2011, 01:51 AM
Middle Eastern immigrants were highly educated, with 49 percent holding at least a bachelor's degree, compared to 28 percent of natives.

Median earnings for Middle Eastern men were $39,000 a year compared to $38,000 for native workers.

they tend to be better-educated than native U.S. residents — about half hold bachelor's degrees, compared to 28 percent of natives. They also perform as well economically as natives — 30- and 40-year-old Middle Eastern males with a college education have the same median income as natives, and Middle East immigrants are more likely be self-employed.

Middle Eastern Immigrants in U.S. Educated, Prosperous, Study Says
Gannett News Service, August 15, 2002

(Also ran in Arizona Republic - 8/15)

WASHINGTON — Middle Eastern immigrants in the United States are well educated, earn more money than most Americans and are predominantly Muslim, according to a report released Wednesday.

They also are among the nation's fastest-growing immigrant groups, according to the report issued by the Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, a think tank that supports reducing the number of immigrants to the United States.

The report says the number of Middle Eastern immigrants increased from fewer than 200,000 in 1970 to almost 1.5 million in 2000. The overall number of foreign-born residents in the United States tripled to 31 million over the same period.

The report offers a rare portrait of an immigrant group that has received intense scrutiny and negative publicity since the Sept. 11 attacks.
Project MAPS, a survey of "Muslims in the American Public Square" conducted in 2001-2002 by researchers at Georgetown University, found that 86 percent of all Muslim professionals were concentrated in three careers: engineering, computer science, and medicine. Law, law enforcement, and politics accounted for a minuscule 0.6 percent. American Muslims, some demographers say, have also been voting well below their numbers in the population -- registering to vote at only half the national rate, according to the 2001 American Religious Identification Survey [PDF], a project of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. "If they ever did play to their weight" in the electoral arena and in Washington, Muslims "would be a much more considerable force in public policy-making," says Steve Clemons, a Democrat who directs the American Strategy Program at the New America Foundation in Washington.

http://www.wilsoncenter.org/topics/p...ab_America.pdf
http://www.cis.org/articles/2002/mideastcoverage.html

The “Arabs” in the US are the most educated and the richest?

The latest statistics performed in the US have demonstrated the following facts, relative to the 5.3 million of Arabic descent:

61% of the Arabs (Lebanese, Syrians, Egyptians, Palestinians, Iraqis, North Africans…) earned the highest university degrees versus 30% of the average US citizens

The average Arab in the US earn $54,000 versus 43,000

57% of the Arabs in the US own single family homes versus 43%

The Arabs in the US hold the highest posts and the most private businesses than the other US minorities, including European, Japanese, and Chinese.

The Lebanese constitute 40% of the total Arab US, followed by the Syrians (12.3%), the Egyptians (12%), the Palestinians (6%)….

The Christians among the Arabs in the US form 63% and the Moslems 24%.

John Stewart Kenneth said: “The Arabs are starting to scare us with their intelligence and competitiveness. Even our thinking are challenged and changed. Once opportunities for freedom, justice were available to the US Arabs, they advanced in accelerated speed. The US Arabs came from poor countries and reacted to their former indignities in their original countries by showing us to the second rank in our society.”

Moses Naeem, founder of “Foreign Policies” in the USA wrote an article saying: “Why Arab descendents are more successful than most ordinary US citizens? Why are they more intelligent and richer? Why in such a hurry?”

The Zionist lobby is reacting vehemently to these new finding: The Zionists kept the stigma of stupid Arabs for 6 decades and showing them as terrorists and lazy in Hollywood movies.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
12-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Greetings and peace be with you ßlµêßêll;

I reckon you must be one of those highly educated, and highly paid Muslims in the US, even when you display your mood as devilish :rock:

Blessings

Eric

syed1
12-20-2011, 01:32 PM
these facts are quite intriguing, although one should point out that these figures are relatively old, just under 10 years.. I wonder what these numbers are now?

ardianto
12-20-2011, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
plus just received this today
But sis, what you have received is about American Arabs, not American Muslims. Isn't majority of American Arabs are not Muslims, and majority of American Muslims are not Arabs ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
12-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Can't verify the email but the other two articles are properly cited!

:w:

MustafaMc
12-20-2011, 02:54 PM
There was a poll conducted in 2007 summarized in this link. Foreign born Muslims from the Middle-east (Arab region) are most predominant followed by African American Muslim who are mostly converts to Islam. African Americans make up 56% of native born Muslims. My experience and observations have been that this segment does not fit the generalizations made in the OP.

http://pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf

Foreign-born Muslims 65%
Arab region 24
Pakistan 8
Other South Asia 10
Iran 8
Europe 5
Other Africa 4
Other 6

Native-born Muslims 35%
African American 20
Other 15

syilla
12-28-2011, 01:21 AM
i'm really interested to know what education system they are using for the middle east. some of my friends would like to migrate to western countries for the kids educations. to me we as a muslims should work hard to make the place that we are living a better place but i guess it is exceptional if it for education or being banned to practice islam.

I wish i'm well conversed with education system for children, i want my children to have the best overall education that can help him in this world and the hereafter.

جوري
12-28-2011, 02:12 AM
^^ can't tell you how many people I know would like to move to Malaysia .. even though you too have come under imperialism you've managed as a country to not succumb in the terrible way that many countries in the middle east have.. in fact you seem self-sufficient as a nation and able to sustain yourself completely if cut off from the world.. I'd love that for Egypt at least.. to be able to manufacture its own machines even if poor quality and perfect them rapidly instead all the intellectuals are looking for where they can best utilize their talents or are being actively killed if they want to help their ummah.. I have listed an entire page on that subject matter too.. Muslim scientists snuffed out by the Mossad..

:w:

syilla
12-28-2011, 02:40 AM
Subhanallah ukhti...i've just came back from a tour group and how most of the group members complaining how they missed the country especially the food ;D :omg:. Sometimes we are not grateful for what we have until we have lost it naudhubillah.

Malaysia is ok i guess, i know lots of outsider crticise on the birocrasy (sorry for the spelling :hiding:) but we have to have the system to protect the religion and the country. Its not easy to balance peace and harmony in a multicultural country. Before its hard to find other than malay as muslims...but nowadays its easy to find chinese muslims or indian muslims. So they are being flexibile with the systems if you're a muslim you can be easily accepted in the system or join investment and etc.

Of course there are so many more improvements needed especially in education systems. You can ask all of the practice malaysian muslims who works outside Malaysia they missed the food terribly. lol..i guess only Malaysian have food fusion from everywhere all over the world, we have middle eastern food, we have thailand food, we have chinese food, we have taiwan food, we have vietnam food, we have western food and even our own dishes are fusion. and the best is you can easily find halal food without having doubt. (my talk on food due is due to bad food experience in other countries lol)

MustafaMc
12-28-2011, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
S
Of course there are so many more improvements needed especially in education systems.
Do you think Malaysia could use someone to teach genetics and plant breeding? lol

syilla
12-28-2011, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Do you think Malaysia could use someone to teach genetics and plant breeding? lol
Akhi actually malaysia is getting famous in that and theres alot of collaboration with other countries in biotechnology especially in medicine and herbs. Maybe you should make research what companies are involved then try to send resume to them. Impressed them with your studies, thesis and research :)

Ramadhan
01-01-2012, 03:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Malaysia is ok i guess, i know lots of outsider crticise on the birocrasy (sorry for the spelling ) but we have to have the system to protect the religion and the country. Its not easy to balance peace and harmony in a multicultural country. Before its hard to find other than malay as muslims...but nowadays its easy to find chinese muslims or indian muslims. So they are being flexibile with the systems if you're a muslim you can be easily accepted in the system or join investment and etc.
:sl:

Sometimes I am envious of Malaysia, because with only 50% muslims populations they are able to implement state system which applies more sharia laws for the muslims.
Meanwhile, Indonesia with over 80% muslims majority pander too much to "multiethnicity and multi religions", and as a result, "anything goes" in Indonesia.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!