/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will there ever be a time...

John123
12-27-2011, 04:44 AM
Will there ever be a time when my soul ceases to exist? Like at all. In my religion class I remember reading something like this and I wasn't quite sure what it meant because it was very vague. But will there?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
12-27-2011, 12:38 PM
I am not even sure that time will still exist by the time our souls cease to exist or if akhirah (hereafter) will be in the realm of time, and if time does not exist, will there ever be "a time"?

- Qatada -
12-27-2011, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by John123
Will there ever be a time when my soul ceases to exist? Like at all. In my religion class I remember reading something like this and I wasn't quite sure what it meant because it was very vague. But will there?
Once a soul is created, it is destined to live forever. So it will pass through different phases.

1st phase: It is with God and testifies to God that we are His servants, and that He is our God, our Creator and Provider. (see Quran 7:172)

2nd phase: We come into this world. This is the most important phase which decides our destiny in the next life. This is where we have to believe and worship our God - our Creator, and follow His Messenger who came with clear proofs, that Messenger is Muhammad (peace be upon him.)

3rd phase: Life between this world and the Judgment Day. This is the time our soul waits for Judgment Day, with either partial reward (if you were a good believer) or punishment (if you were an evildoer and/or disbeliever).

4th phase: You are brought back to life on Judgment Day in the Court of God. This is when you will be brought back to Him and He will judge you on all the evil and good you did in life. If you were a believer in this life and you continuously asked Him for forgiveness and you were sincere to Him - He will hopefully turn to you in Mercy. If you were not sincere to Him, and you did not believe in Him and His Messengers (Adam, Abraham, Moses, Jesus son of Mary, Muhammad etc (peace be upon them) - then you will be liable to His punishment and anger due to your disbelief in Him and His Message.

The ungrateful disbelievers are promised an eternal punishment in a fire which will not end forever.

The grateful, sincere believers are promised beautiful gardens, and homes close to God in Paradise for eternity.

You have that choice now, you are in the 2nd phase. Make your choice wisely.

The Messenger of God, Muhammad (peace be upon him) told us that God says;

O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you.

O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself.

It was recorded by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!