/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Crochet..!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-27-2011, 03:39 PM
:sl:

Does anyone on this widely, massively populated forum do Crochet or know anyone that does it? I started doing it last summer (the one that passed). Need some unique ideas. I know youtube has a lot, but a lot of them don't have the steps or it =D
I like it, it's fun and addictive.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Endymion
12-27-2011, 03:47 PM
My granny was'nt interested in it neither do my mom so you can guess who'se next :D

Cabdullahi
12-27-2011, 03:50 PM
granny's pastime

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-27-2011, 03:58 PM
@Cbdullahi - You could of googled it before asking that lol. Hmm yea Ill let you do that, too lazy to explain =D.

@ Sis Endymion - I only heard stories about my grandmother being interested in all of this by my mother. My mom never actually took it up, but it got me interested lol.

EDIT: LOL someone edited their post. Only you would call it grannys past time. Not surprised..>.>

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Afifa
12-27-2011, 10:32 PM
:sl:

I'v attempted it, also attempted knitting (not to sound like an old granny) ...I found knitting far easier than crotchet..although I only ever attempted it once :p. I'v always said I'd try them both again but for now they're sat in the back of a draw.. :hiding:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-27-2011, 11:46 PM
^^ lol i havent tried knitting, although i have the needles for it. Im in the process of crocheting an item, so maybe afterward ill give knitting a try =D

syilla
12-28-2011, 03:17 AM
i'm interested in looking at it..but not doing it ;D. i've seen so many beautiful designs on the internet. i think crochet is very unique and creative.

Afifa
12-28-2011, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
^^ lol i havent tried knitting, although i have the needles for it. Im in the process of crocheting an item, so maybe afterward ill give knitting a try =D
What are you making? Do show us when you're done :)

Cabdullahi
12-28-2011, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afifa
What are you making? Do show us when you're done :)
Its done...here you go...i think im going to call it 'a load of rubbish'

Endymion
12-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Lool i did'nt know you are a cat :omg:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Abdullaahi, I wonder, do you ever have anything good to say? Oh wait of course not! Just wasted a few seconds of my life saying that...LOL. And for the record, no ones forcing you here or keeping you at gunpoint lol...any who, moving on.

Sis Afifa inshaAllaah I'll post pictures when it's done (if it's good) lol. I've already made a hat and something else that looks like what u use to put hot dishes on LOL. that was my first attempt

Sis syilla, give it a try! It is very creative =D

Cabdullahi
12-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Abdullaahi, I wonder, do you ever have anything good to say?
[قَالَ إِنَّكَ لَنْ تَسْتَطِيعَ مَعِيَ صَبْرًا [18:64

He said, "Indeed, with me you will never be able to have patience.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-28-2011, 05:07 PM
EDIT - Not gunna bother.

Haya emaan
12-28-2011, 05:40 PM
never done crochet but have learnt knitting.. but never tried it after learning except a single wrist band once :p its so boring.. :hmm:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-28-2011, 05:43 PM
I guess it depends, it's pretty time consuming. I don't always feel like doing it because I start getting tired quickly from staring down too long lol

Haya emaan
12-28-2011, 06:00 PM
and also ends in neck and thumb pain:heated:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-28-2011, 07:01 PM
You're right. I have this issue already when I have too much uni stress. I dunno how people can sit n study so long. I start aching and get migraines..lol. Anyways so doing this continuously gives me more body pains :/. Still fun! Lol

GuestFellow
12-28-2011, 08:01 PM
I think you get used to it. I can study for hours without getting tired.

Afifa
12-28-2011, 08:28 PM
I think it depends..It is time consuming but doing it with short breaks in between makes it fun without the bodily pains :p
I'v just admitted knitting/crotching is fun.. :hmm::hiding:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-28-2011, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
I think you get used to it. I can study for hours without getting tired.
I used to be able to do that. After like the 4th hour, I start getting tired and lose focus. I cant sit in class anymore and listen for more than half an hour. I get severe migraines when I'm at uni...and doesnt go away the rest of the day. If I'm fortunate, itll go away after a nap..stinks! So it's not about getting used to it i think :/

Sis Afifa, I believe you did LOL.

~Raindrop~
12-28-2011, 10:04 PM
One of my students made me this knitted pink purse thing with a grey marbley button. (I'm not the best at describing things:hiding:)
She's 10.
Looks cute, couldn't believe she'd made it at first.

GuestFellow
12-28-2011, 11:18 PM

I used to be able to do that. After like the 4th hour, I start getting tired and lose focus. I cant sit in class anymore and listen for more than half an hour. I get severe migraines when I'm at uni...and doesnt go away the rest of the day. If I'm fortunate, itll go away after a nap..stinks! So it's not about getting used to it i think :/

Sis Afifa, I believe you did LOL.
Salaam,

Is something troubling you? This used to happen to me, especially when I was agnostic. When I was studying, I started to worry about other issues and could not concentrate. It got really bad because I could not sleep at night, was getting late to my lessons, missing homework deadlines, very close to falling asleep in class, eating all sorts of junk food and extreme guilt/sadness/anger. I thought I was going to have a mental breakdown and beat someone up.

If you have underlying issues that are affecting your studies, then do try to resolve them.

It could be that your studies have gone much more difficult or your bored. It can get boring to study the same subject...especially after 3 or 4 years. :skeleton:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Does anyone on this widely, massively populated forum do Crochet or know anyone that does it? I started doing it last summer (the one that passed). Need some unique ideas. I know youtube has a lot, but a lot of them don't have the steps or it =D
I like it, it's fun and addictive.
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

Nope, but i think i did this other thing, i forgotten what it's called though :\

but I do know that you and some members on board actually do 'crochet' lol, i had no idea what it was untill i came across this thread and youtubed it.

Btw sis I hope your migraines get better inshaa'Allaah..

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Salaam,

Is something troubling you? This used to happen to me, especially when I was agnostic. When I was studying, I started to worry about other issues and could not concentrate. It got really bad because I could not sleep at night, was getting late to my lessons, missing homework deadlines, very close to falling asleep in class, eating all sorts of junk food and extreme guilt/sadness/anger. I thought I was going to have a mental breakdown and beat someone up.

If you have underlying issues that are affecting your studies, then do try to resolve them.

It could be that your studies have gone much more difficult or your bored. It can get boring to study the same subject...especially after 3 or 4 years. :skeleton:
There are some things preoccupying my mind...but I dont think thats mostly the reason..? Ill be fine studying and then I just start getting tired. Im never late to class, always on time, always do my work...its just i start dazing out during class. im not as attentive as i used to be lol. i think ive improved alhamdulillaah...by doing as u mentioned, resolving some of those issues.
Well I like science..and I have mainly science courses left until im done inshaAllaah.

I didnt know u were agnostic, youre a revert? Excuse my ignorance, i havent been very active lately lol. Semester is over so im here chillin out...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-29-2011, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм

Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

Nope, but i think i did this other thing, i forgotten what it's called though :\

but I do know that you and some members on board actually do 'crochet' lol, i had no idea what it was untill i came across this thread and youtubed it.

Btw sis I hope your migraines get better inshaa'Allaah..
LOL welll I dont know what this "other" thing is...care to enlighten me? lol

I hope so too sis inshaAllaah. theyre only really bad when I have classes going on lol. None as of late...alhamdulillaah.Well not as severely.

Ive only started recently...like "last summer" recent lol.

Afifa
12-29-2011, 02:28 PM

Cross stitching?

GuestFellow
12-29-2011, 06:24 PM
I didnt know u were agnostic, youre a revert? Excuse my ignorance, i havent been very active lately lol. Semester is over so im here chillin out...
Salaam,

I used to be Guestfellow, then ProfessorSunday and now Tragic. I was raised as a Muslim. Became agnostic a few years ago. Then became Muslim.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-29-2011, 07:02 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

LOL welll I dont know what this "other" thing is...care to enlighten me? lol

I hope so too sis inshaAllaah. theyre only really bad when I have classes going on lol. None as of late...alhamdulillaah.Well not as severely.

Ive only started recently...like "last summer" recent lol.
Pardon me for my lack of good explanations.. I only remember doing it once in my life, so i guess i have no idea, apologise.

Reminds me of the feeling of a headache when surrounded by too much perfume..May Allaah ease your pain sis.

format_quote Originally Posted by Afifa
Cross stitching?
Googled it, and looks great masha'Allaah, but no not this either.. but nevermind wasn't all that special :\, i was young back in those days.

Ramadhan
12-29-2011, 11:55 PM
Googled it, and looks great masha'Allaah, but no not this either.. but nevermind wasn't all that special :\, i was young back in those days.

We all did this in our elementary school, boys and all :exhausted

syilla
12-30-2011, 03:25 AM
nowadays in malaysia the trend is felt craft. they make hairpins and brooches.

this is how felt look like
Attachment 4499

these are example of crochets
Attachment 4500

don't ask me how they did, i only can appreciate the beauty but not the hard work huhu

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-30-2011, 04:25 AM
Salaam,

I used to be Guestfellow, then ProfessorSunday and now Tragic. I was raised as a Muslim. Became agnostic a few years ago. Then became Muslim.
OHHHH mashaAllaah, my bad, I know who you are then lol...alhamdulillaah.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-30-2011, 04:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
nowadays in malaysia the trend is felt craft. they make hairpins and brooches.

this is how felt look like
Attachment 4499

these are example of crochets
Attachment 4500

don't ask me how they did, i only can appreciate the beauty but not the hard work huhu
lol those are cute...good for an idea =)

syilla
12-30-2011, 05:33 AM

lol those are cute...good for an idea =)
you should see those bouquet crochet very cool...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-30-2011, 05:49 AM
^^THATS AMAZING. Ive seen some cool stuff but I like this idea.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Assalaamu 'alaykum

Ok here's the one that was completed...please be aware, its not that great lol.

Attachment 4512

syilla
01-03-2012, 01:38 AM
^^^ i love the colour finish it up and upload in bigger format hehe :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-03-2012, 02:25 AM
LOOOL it is done :/ pffttt

syilla
01-03-2012, 05:33 AM
lol...is it a hat you should have a model for it

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-03-2012, 02:00 PM
its a hat sis. Dont have anything to put it on, so u can see. Shall I model my cat?! lol. I thought we arent supposed to post pics of people on here :P. I wont model myself =D lol

Ramadhan
01-03-2012, 02:36 PM
its a hat sis. Dont have anything to put it on, so u can see. Shall I model my cat?! lol. I thought we arent supposed to post pics of people on here :P. I wont model myself =D lol
You can ask your brother to model it for you and post the picture here.

:X

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-03-2012, 08:38 PM
^^ Haha! If I even remotely suggest that to him, the first thing he'll do is look at me with a funny face and walk away lol. Not even say a word.

Afifa
01-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Mashallah its really nice. :D...Did you use two colours or is the cream and pink part of one?

syilla
01-04-2012, 01:49 AM
you can always use your doll or a teady bear. I'm sure you have lots of it in your bedroom:p

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks sis Afifa :D

I used two different but they both had more than one color. I did it that way because the colors matched. Made it a little bigger :D

Actually I do have some teddys sis syilla LOL :$

rose17
01-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Hi, i love chochet and how it look when is finished, my mum is really good at doing it, is there any website that shows how to do differnt patterns...

thanks for sharing differnt images :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-11-2012, 02:00 PM
:sl: hey sis :)

I just use YouTube to see how its done but yes there are websites for different patterns.
http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory.php
http://www.allcrafts.net/crochetknit.htm
http://www.crochetnmore.com/

syilla
01-12-2012, 01:26 AM
^^^ subhanallah thats alot lol...

joyous fairy
01-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Assalam alaykum,

I tried crochet once after my sis started doing it. I made an unfinished red scarf lol. Never got round to finishing it :(

I did enjoy it and I wish I could make some nice, decorative stuff.

The pictures posted in this thread are beautiful, mashaAllah. InshaAllah I will be able to make something as good as those one day :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!