/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What proof is there that Islam is the true religion and Catholicism is not?

CuriousIncident
12-28-2011, 01:36 AM
I am a Catholic and I am thinking of revering to Islam after I heard about all the mathematical and scientific miracles in the Qur'an. But I would like to know, is there any other proof? Let me know if this question is offensive

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
12-28-2011, 03:12 AM
Hi its because we have proof in the quran and also in practise that muslims on worship in one god (Allah swt). We do not associate with other things or partners and god is different from others/living things. God is very powerful that it is so different from other living things and Allah swt doesn't need any help from any others.

serena77
01-01-2012, 11:57 PM
i don't find the question.. offensive... have you ever looked at any videos of people taking the shahada on youtube or other sources? have you tried to read the Qu'ran .. i WAS catholic and reverted a very short time ago. ... islam... made sense in so many places where catholocism and really any christianity didnt. I love the fact that maryam (mary) is held in such high regard. I really encourage you to read about Muhammad (PBUH), read the qu'ran even an online version and watch some video's on YouTube. I'm sure some of the more well versed in the better scholars will be able to give you ideas of the better videos. may Allah (swt) guide you on the right path and may you feel the same way I did w/ further research.
oh and ask any questions here you would like. This has been a wonderful group of accepting people, both before and after i took my shahada.
Serena

MustafaMc
01-02-2012, 02:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousIncident
I am a Catholic and I am thinking of revering to Islam after I heard about all the mathematical and scientific miracles in the Qur'an.
I never considered any mathematical or scientific miracles of the Quran before I converted to Islam 30 years ago, nor have I since. My opinion is that one should come to grips with the most fundamental belief of the respective religions and to decide which one you will accept as true. The most fundamental belief of Islam is that God is One, without father, mother, son, daughter or equal and there is none comparable to Him. Beliefs about God and Jesus are the keystone that one must decide and make a choice about what to believe. In Islam, Jesus is held in the highest respect given to any human and that is as a prophet, messenger and servant of the One God. I as a Muslim believe 1) that Jesus was miraculously born to the virgin, Mary, 2) that he spoke a revealed message from God to the lost sheep of Israel, 3) that he was not crucified nor has he yet died, 4) that he ascended to Heaven and will return to earth during the Last Days and 5) that he was not the only begotten Son of God nor is he God incarnate. God alone is to be worshiped without any partner. The proper means of worship and how to live our lives was taught by Muhammad in the same manner that Jesus, for example, taught the disciples how to pray when they asked him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
01-02-2012, 08:08 PM
here's an indication from the bible itself:
Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father:
but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
John 20:16-17

consider how important a clarification it must be, to come beck to them with one message, where is the emphasis placed in this message?

Salahudeen
01-02-2012, 10:40 PM
One thing that convinced me Islam was the truth was that it agree's with the message of all the previous prophets, they all called to the worship of 1 God, Abraham, Moses etc it's not hard to believe that Muhammed was also a prophet who called to the worship of one God just like his predecessors did, his message conformed with the message of the previous prophets, "the Lord thy God is one, thou shall not worship others alongside him"

tango92
01-03-2012, 11:49 PM
the quran is inimitable. muslims make the claim that no human can produce writing in the same format as it. that is to say cannot match the style, rythm, content, eloquence ..... to name a few

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Qur...acle/ijaz.html

Perseveranze
01-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Read this, was written by a ex-Christian Muslim revert Mathemetician - http://d1.islamhouse.com/data/en/ih_...zing_Quran.pdf

Flame of Hope
01-04-2012, 01:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousIncident
What proof is there that Islam is the true religion and Catholicism is not?
The greatest proof that Islam is the true religion and not Catholicism is: the truthfulness and trustworthiness of one man by the name of Muhammad...(saws).

Read about him (saws) and insha'allah you'll find all the proof you need to convince you that Islam IS the true religion of mankind.

May Allah guide you. Ameen.

CuriousIncident
01-06-2012, 01:58 AM
Thank you everyone. I will read the Qur'an and read about the fundamental beliefs. Hopefully I will be guided to the right path.

MustafaMc
01-06-2012, 09:09 PM
If you have honest questions without trying to undermine Islam or insult Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), you are welcome to ask them and we will try to answer them, Allah willing.

~ Sabr ~
01-30-2012, 02:18 PM
So brother where you at? Reverted yet? :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!