/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who knows Cheikh Imran Hosein ?

Tasnym
12-28-2011, 12:55 PM
AlSalam Alikum,

Who knows this Cheikh ?

He was born in the Caribbean island of Trinidad in 1942 from parents whose ancestors had migrated as indentured labourer from India. He is a graduate of the Aleemiyah Institute in Karachi and has studied at sevaral instutions of higher learning including the University of Karachi,the University of the West Indies, Al Azhar University and the Graduate Institute of International Relations in Switzerland.

He has traveled continuously and extensively around the world on Islamic lecture-tours since graduating from the Aleemiyah Institute of Islamic Studies in 1971 at age 29. And he has also written more than a dozen books on Islam that have invariably been received with public respect. Indeed, 'Jerusalem in the Qur'an - An Islamic View of the Destiny of Jerusalem' has become a best seller and has been translated and published in several languages.

What do you think about him ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syed_z
12-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Asalaam O Alaikum ....

Great Scholar... very few like him in the modern world. I have learned a lot from his books and lectures, especially about the deceptions and the reality of the modern world under the light of Quran and Hadith. May Allah (swt) bless us with more scholars like him so they help us see beyond the deceptions of the modern world.

Cabdullahi
12-29-2011, 01:45 PM
What is his manhaj and aqeedah?

MustafaMc
12-29-2011, 02:10 PM
I watched his video "Jerusalem in the Quran" where he was very adamant that the proper punishment for adultery is only 100 lashes like for fornication instead of stoning. He seems to speak almost too much about future events (prophetically) that would be known only to Allah (swt). I had ordered several of his books from Malaysia, but I haven't read any of them after watching his DVD and hearing his stance on adultery. These are merely my thoughts and Allah (swt) knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
12-29-2011, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I watched his video "Jerusalem in the Quran" where he was very adamant that the proper punishment for adultery is only 100 lashes like for fornication instead of stoning. He seems to speak almost too much about future events (prophetically) that would be known only to Allah (swt). I had ordered several of his books from Malaysia, but I haven't read any of them after watching his DVD and hearing his stance on adultery. These are merely my thoughts and Allah (swt) knows best.
two words : creed and methodology

Samiun
12-29-2011, 03:58 PM
:sl: one statement doesn't put all his speech into error. Maybe you can try emailing him at www.imranhosein.org

MustafaMc
12-29-2011, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
:sl: one statement doesn't put all his speech into error. Maybe you can try emailing him at www.imranhosein.org
I am no scholar, but what he very clearly and emphatically said directly contradicts my understanding of the issue. This is a very important point for a scholar to know and should not teach others wrongly. If you agree with what he said, then you are welcome to listen to him, but as for me that was enough that I do not trust him. Perhaps you would like to convince me that the proper punishment for adultery is not stoning and that 100 lashes is according to the sunnah.

Tasnym
12-30-2011, 07:21 AM
Barakallah oufikoum.

What do you think about his ideas that Dajjal will come in a fifty-years (our children will see him),
that soon, Israel will replace USA as the ruling State in the world
that Gog and Magog are released...
Are you agreeing with his ideas. ?

syed_z
12-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum...

We all know that for unmarried couples it is lashes and not stoning. But for married couples who commit adultery outside their marriage it is stoning. Period.

My question to you brother is that did he say that stoning for adultery committed by married couples is not in Shariah ? If he said this then can you show me the video and what part does he say it in, i would appreciate it. Jazak Allah khayr.

About his book "Jerusalem in the Quran" you can read it from his website. I have that book and read it a few times, and never had he mentioned such a thing in it.

syed_z
12-30-2011, 07:45 AM
Asalaam o Alaikum....

Better to read his books and figure out whether what he says is true or no. If you ask others then some would agree and some would disagree and you will not be able to judge from people's opinions.

His books are at..
http://imranhosein.org/books.html

Hope that helps. Salaam

~Zaria~
12-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Assalamu-alaikum,

I have heard most of his talks - and indeed, he is very learned and has contemplated on the meaning of this dunya, and the signs of Qiyamat extensively - Alhamdulillah.

Initially, I was completely sold on his theory of Gog and Magog (i.e. having already been released into the world.)
From the manner in which he explains and interprets the related ahadith - it all made very good sense.

But:

With further reading, attending further courses on this matter, listening to other scholars.....you will realise that this can not be true.

This is not the place to discuss Gog and Magog here......but for me, this has made me realise that we really need to wary of where we take our deeni knowledge.

Having said that, when I listen to Sheikh Imran Hosein - I hear someone with a good heart, someone who is genuinely concerned for this ummah.
And EVERYBODY makes mistakes.
Some bigger than others.

So - I think in cases like this - where he has merely expressed his own personal opinions and interpretations on the signs (he has not issued some sort of fatwa) - we should insha Allah, cut the guy some slack......
(Perhaps, we can write to him (for those who posess more knowledge on the matter) - and raise these concerns as well).

And make it our duty to VERIFY, VERIFY, VERIFY.

The truth is out there - for those who wish to SEEK it.

(with regards to the lashes vs stoning for adultery - i am not aware of this either. If possible, please link us to this talk. JazakAllah khair).

Salaam

Tasnym
12-30-2011, 08:48 AM
JazakoumAllah khairane

IslamicRevival
12-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Sheikh Imran Hosein is a great scholar, one of a very few who are in the times
His views on the Dajjal system and various other issues are fascinating as they really do make you think outside the box

I'd recommend anyone to check out his lectures on YouTube, don't be put off by self righteous nutters who question him and his theories, which are backed up by Quran and Sunnah
Watch and make up your own mind

syed_z
12-30-2011, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
don't be put off by self righteous nutters who question him and his theories, which are backed up by Quran and Sunnah
Watch and make up your own mind
Salaam brother... actually not every one questions him because they are against him, but some question more just to know the truth and understand it better. Thats all.

MustafaMc
12-30-2011, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
Asalaam O Alaikum...
We all know that for unmarried couples it is lashes and not stoning. But for married couples who commit adultery outside their marriage it is stoning. Period.
Wa alaikum assalam, that is my understanding as well.
My question to you brother is that did he say that stoning for adultery committed by married couples is not in Shariah ? If he said this then can you show me the video and what part does he say it in, i would appreciate it. Jazak Allah khayr.
Yes, he spent a good bit of time talking about this. Again he was very strong in his stance. I watched it on the DVD in the blue case of the 2-dvd set "Jerusalem in the Quran" http://store.dar-us-salam.com/M_DVDs/MD48.html

This youtube video, "Sheikh Imran Hosein The Divine Punishment For Adultery And Fornication" may have it as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=460dsyMLBD4

MustafaMc
12-30-2011, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tasnym
Barakallah oufikoum.

What do you think about his ideas that Dajjal will come in a fifty-years (our children will see him),
Who knows what the future holds except Allah? We can observe the signs today such as competition in building tall buildings to know we are getting closer, but is anyone really able to put a specific date to anything that will happen in the future except that he gets his info from a jinn? He sounds like a soothsayer to me like Nostradamus. This site is an interesting read for going to someone who predicts the future http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Horoscope_in_Islam

Tasnym
12-30-2011, 02:24 PM
:sl:,

Ok, what do you think about this video :

" Prediction of Revolution 2011 by Sheikh Imran Hosein revealed in 2003 ".

You can find it on youtube.
Amazing, no !?

Like other video on the collapse of america, return to the gold standard,...
It is a Mossad agent, a illuminati member or a real scholar !?

Galaxy
12-30-2011, 02:46 PM
I have heard he is wrong on some topics but he is not a deviant, wa Allahu alam.

IslamicRevival
12-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Barakallah oufikoum.

Ive not come across a lecture where the Sheikh has stated a specific date of Dajjal's arrival but if he has, its just a prediction (No different from me predicting Team A will beat Team B)

I do agree with Majority of the Sheikhs opinions, The Israehellis are the army of Dajjal so it makes sense they will become the ruling state of the world.. The Gog ma Gog theory the Sheikh has put forward is interesting and insightful, it all adds up in light of Quran and Sunnah

Allah Knows best in all matters

MustafaMc
12-30-2011, 03:53 PM

Ok, what do you think about this video :

" Prediction of Revolution 2011 by Sheikh Imran Hosein revealed in 2003 ".

You can find it on youtube.
Amazing, no !?
This point reinforces my comment about him being a soothsayer. You may listen to him if you want to, but as for me I will not read any of his books that I have already purchased nor watch anymore of his videos.

Narrated 'Aisha: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The angels descend, the clouds and mention this or that matter decreed in the Heaven. The devils listen stealthily to such a matter, come down to inspire the soothsayers with it, and the latter would add to it one-hundred lies of their own." (Bukhari book 54 hadith 432)

Narrated 'Aisha: Some people asked the Prophet regarding the soothsayers. He said, "They are nothing." They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Some of their talks come true." The Prophet said, "That word which happens to be true is what a Jinn snatches away by stealth (from the Heaven) and pours it in the ears of his friend (the foreteller) with a sound like the cackling of a hen. The soothsayers then mix with that word, one hundred lies." (Bukhari Book #93, Hadith #650)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-30-2011, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cbdullahii
What is his manhaj and aqeedah?
Me wanna know too

Samiun
12-30-2011, 04:03 PM
This point reinforces my comment about him being a soothsayer. You may listen to him if you want to, but as for me I will not read any of his books that I have already purchased nor watch anymore of his videos.

Narrated 'Aisha: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The angels descend, the clouds and mention this or that matter decreed in the Heaven. The devils listen stealthily to such a matter, come down to inspire the soothsayers with it, and the latter would add to it one-hundred lies of their own." (Bukhari book 54 hadith 432)

Narrated 'Aisha: Some people asked the Prophet regarding the soothsayers. He said, "They are nothing." They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Some of their talks come true." The Prophet said, "That word which happens to be true is what a Jinn snatches away by stealth (from the Heaven) and pours it in the ears of his friend (the foreteller) with a sound like the cackling of a hen. The soothsayers then mix with that word, one hundred lies." (Bukhari Book #93, Hadith #650)
:sl: Are you accusing him of soothsaying? He clearly said in one of his lectures that ,"HE COULD BE WRONG". He can only predict, but he knows that he can be wrong and that Allah knows when the right time will come. Come on, his doing something for the ummah. He is putting his effort to explain the signs of the end of time and the events that are occurring in the modern world today. Well you can believe in what you believe, and he stated in his blog that he will be with the Pakistani people right by our brothers and sisters and I quote

If Pakistan is attacked by NATO, it is my intention Insha Allah, to travel myself to Pakistan and to stand by my Muslim brothers and sisters in their moment of greatest danger.

syed_z
12-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Wa alaikum assalam, that is my understanding as well.Yes, he spent a good bit of time talking about this. Again he was very strong in his stance. I watched it on the DVD in the blue case of the 2-dvd set "Jerusalem in the Quran" http://store.dar-us-salam.com/M_DVDs/MD48.html

This youtube video, "Sheikh Imran Hosein The Divine Punishment For Adultery And Fornication" may have it as well

Salaam...

Oh brother i can't watch the whole video ...however i would recommend you to email sheikh and verify it, thats the best thing to do otherwise no use discussing it.

Also it would be helpful if you can point out in the lecture as to where he says that because my brother it is actually you who raised the point that Sheikh does not believe in punishment for stoning for married couples.

However, i would like to bring to your attention from his book "Jerusalem in the Quran" where he does mention that Prophet Muhammad (saw) enforced this punishment and he never raised any objections to it...

"When the Prophet (‘alaihi al-Salaam) arrived in Madina he did a number of things that should easily have convinced the Jews and their Rabbis that he was indeed a true Prophet of Allah, and that he was the Prophet on whom they were in wait : -

Finally something else occurred which should have sealed the matter once and for all. The Jews brought before the Prophet (‘alaihi al-Salaam) two people who had committed zina (sexual intercourse between two people who are not married to each other). They sought to test him by asking him what should be done to the two people. He asked them what punishment did they enforce. They replied to the effect that they made the faces black and then beat such people publicly. He then asked whether this was the punishment that they found in their Book.

He asked them to bring their Book and to read from it (since he, himself, could neither read nor write). As they read from the Torah their Rabbi, Abdullah bin Salaam, who had become a Muslim, stood beside the Prophet (‘alaihi al-Salaam). When the reader came to the verse on rajm (stoning to death) in the Torah he put his finger over the verse to hide it. Abdullah bin Salaam ordered him to stop reading and to raise his finger. He then had to read the verse of rajm that prescribed this punishment for zina. The recitation of this verse caused considerable embarrassment to the Jews. They had been exposed as a people who had betrayed their own sacred law and were trying to conceal that betrayal. The Prophet (‘alaihi al-Salaam) then ordered that
the two people be stoned to death thus enforcing the Jewish law that the Jews themselves were not enforcing. This should have been sufficient to absolutely convince the Jews that he was, indeed, a true Prophet."

(Jerusalem in the Quran, Chapter 7 'Turn from Jerusalem to Makkah')

.... please refer to his book you can get it from his website and you can read it and check it for yourself. Nowhere does he object.

just to give you heads up i am also watching the you tube video link you posted and if i do come across his denial of stoning for married couples then inshA'Allah i will post it here and let others know this as well.

I have been watchings his lectures and reading his books since 2007 and never have i come across anything like what we're discussing about him.

Salaam

syed_z
12-30-2011, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven

Me wanna know too

Asalaam O Alaikum...

The Sheikh follows Quran and Sunnah and thats it. I would suggest reading his books to find out his beliefs if you want to be sure.

He is Ahle Sunnah Wa Al Jamah. But if you would ask me Barelwi or Deobandi or Salafi ? Then i would say he just simply follows Quran and Sunnah, or in his own words in one of his lectures "Quran and Universally accepted Sunnah" i.e. Authentic Hadith and Sunnah.

Salaam :)

syed_z
12-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Brother Mustafa it is not me who needs to watch but it is you who needs to watch this because in this video which is one and a half hour long, as soon as it starts the Sheikh tells the Western godless world that "We Muslims are proud to enforce the Shariah of Allah (swt) which includes Stoning for married couples and we are not ashamed of ourselves."

I recommend you to watch it so that it may clear your doubts about the Sheikh.

Hope that helps. Salaam.

MustafaMc
12-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Brother Mustafa it is not me who needs to watch but it is you who needs to watch this because in this video which is one and a half hour long.
As Allah (swt) is my witness, I have raised my points and I have made my honest testimony regarding what he said on the DVD "Jerusalem in the Quran" - blue cover. If you do not believe me, then so be it, but I have absolutely no intention to watch him talk for over an hour on this video. I have contributed all I can to this thread, salaam.

MustafaMc
12-30-2011, 11:02 PM
My post on sunniforum.com on Feb 24, 2011

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...l=1#post578753

Re: Prediction of Revolution 2011 by Sheikh Imran Hosein revealed in 2003

Originally Posted by Ansari

If he said this, then this is kufr. It is agreed upon and a fundamental of belief that stoning is a punishment prescribed in Islam. Anyone who denies that, is a kaafir. See Ikfar al-Mulhidin by Allama Anwar Shah Kashmiri.

Can you bring the exact quote from the video?

My response:

I had replied last night, but it seems that it was blocked due to links in the post.

I am sorry that I can't provide the exact quote as I gave the DVD to a more learned brother for him to evaluate. In the DVD he clearly and emphatically said the punishment was the same and it disagreed with my understanding.

However, I had sent this message to another brother for his perspective: "I watched the DVD Jerusalem in the Quran and at 1:11:47 I was surprised that Imran Hosein said that the punishment of 100 lashes in Surah 24:2 applies to both adultery (married) and to fornication (unmarried). He said that Prophet Muhammad (sal alahu alayhi wa salam) did not differentiate between the 2 illegal relations.

I did a hadith search and Bukhari 82.106 references the stoning of a man who had confessed to adultery in which the man was asked if he was married. This implied to me that the punishment was different between fornication and adultery. Also Bukhari 78.629 an adulteress was stoned but the laborer who had relations with her was only lashed implying that he was unmarried.

Is the first instance a deviant ruling? The reason I ask is that I am still trying to decide if I should accept what this person says or writes as being correct."

MustafaMc
12-30-2011, 11:12 PM
sooth·say·er

NOUN

1. somebody telling future: a predictor of future events http://www.bing.com/Dictionary/searc...er&FORM=DTPDIA

a person who predicts the future by magical, intuitive, or more rational means http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/soothsayer

a person who professes to foretell events http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/soothsayer

Prediction of Revolution 2011 = professing to foretell events in 2003 that later came true, but still predicting the future = soothsayer.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Well I asked cause its good to know what a certain speaker is upon. Salafiyyah is doing just that, following the Quran wa Sunnah.

But yes Id have to read up on his material etc..insha'Allaah.

Also, how can we make predictions, thought we arent supposed to do that..wallaahu Alam.

Cabdullahi
12-30-2011, 11:52 PM
I heard he is a sufi but Allah knows best.

i found something.......

Are you a sufi Shakh? Will you be my murshid? What is your spiritual lineage? PDF Print E-mail
Islam and Spirituality
Written by Imran N Hosein

Assalaamu 'alaikum!

My immediate spiritual and intellectual lineages do not follow the traditional Sufi silsila. Rather they are inseparably woven together and go back from Maulana Ansari to Dr Muhammad Iqbal to Maulana Jalaludin Rumi. Maulana Abdul Aleem Siddiqui was the spiritual mentor of my teacher - but he has not played any significant direct role in my intellectual or spiritual life. I am, of course, poorer because of this.

with love,
Imran N Hosein.

wa 'alaikum assalaam,

'The test of the pudding is in the eating' - is an expression that accurately sums up the subject of Sufism. It is remarkable that none of the Sufi orders, to the best of my knowledge, have been able to recognize paper currencies to be a hoax, bogus, fraudulent and Haram. The pursuit of Islamic spirituality does not require joining a Sufi order. Such a thing might assist but is not a requirement for the pursuit of Islamic spirituality.

I am not a Sufi Shaikh. I am not a Murshid in a Sufi Order. I no longer belong to any Sufi Order. My association with Sufism does not entail any belief or any religious practice that is not firmly founded on the Qur'an and Sunnah.

We are all shepherds, and we will all be questioned about our sheep. In this sense I am a shepherd.

with love,
http://www.imranhosein.org/faq/52-is...l-lineage.html

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 01:10 AM
still supporting it. He sounds confused if u ask me lol. Is he or is he not? His comments give mixed signals.
I won't bother listening to him.

Samiun
12-31-2011, 02:33 AM
sooth·say·er

NOUN

1. somebody telling future: a predictor of future events http://www.bing.com/Dictionary/searc...er&FORM=DTPDIA

a person who predicts the future by magical, intuitive, or more rational means http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/soothsayer

a person who professes to foretell events http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/soothsayer

Prediction of Revolution 2011 = professing to foretell events in 2003 that later came true, but still predicting the future = soothsayer.
It is just a coincidence that his prophecy came true it is still a prediction. Are you gonna tell us that people who predict the fall of economy in the U.S. are soothsayers too? Umadbro? Please re-read my post. Again, if you have questions please email him

still supporting it. He sounds confused if u ask me lol. Is he or is he not? His comments give mixed signals.
I won't bother listening to him.
Ok w/e it's your choice. We won't force you down your throat to listen to Sheikh Imran Hosein, it's either you believe or not.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 02:43 AM
Whats with the attitude in people today? Ridiculous.

Tasnym
12-31-2011, 07:29 AM

Please can we speak without arguing.
This Cheikh really troubled me.

IslamicRevival
12-31-2011, 07:57 AM
This point reinforces my comment about him being a soothsayer.
Sheikh Imran Hosein is a Scholar who is doing a great job in WAKING the Muslims up to reality with his insightful lectures yet you insult him by saying he's a soothsayer?
What kind of nonsense is this

I heard he is a sufi but Allah knows best.

i found something.......

http://www.imranhosein.org/faq/52-is...l-lineage.html
What does it matter if the Sheikh is a Sufi or not? :hmm: Whats that got to do with the matter in hand, unless you're trying to inadvertently cause an argument

Salafiyyah is doing just that, following the Quran wa Sunnah.
I don't believe that but each to their own

Also, how can we make predictions, thought we arent supposed to do that..wallaahu Alam.
First time ive heard of this wacky theory, whats wrong with making predictions.

Salahudeen
12-31-2011, 08:11 AM
Well I asked cause its good to know what a certain speaker is upon. Salafiyyah is doing just that, following the Quran wa Sunnah.

I don't see why we can't make predictions, we watch the weather report and that is a prediction of the weather that is quite often wrong ;D, we talk with our friends and predict which team will win, we predict who we think will pass their exams when we're with our mates in school, life is full of predictions but we understand that they're not factual, just guess work. Because only Allah knows what will happen, everything else is just speculation.

I have a friend who thinks the day of judgement will come in his grand kids lives, this is just what he thinks from the way things are atm, but he knows no one knows the hour except for Allah etc and he could be wrong. I don't see what is wrong with this unless you know of something where it says we can't say what we think is going to happen in the future or tomorrow. We shouldn't think about what's going to happen in the future etc

CosmicPathos
12-31-2011, 08:56 AM

lol what??? Just cuz the name sounds fancy "salafiyyah," it does not mean it is the most authentic form of Islam. I personally have found the Salafi cult to be arrogant and narrow-minded. I do not associate with them anymore. I am still in search of the Islamic group that follows Muhammad pbuh in its entirety, have not found one yet. Till then I think I'd stick to Hanbali fiqh.

Tasnym
12-31-2011, 10:20 AM
I have saw one video where he said that he isn't soufi.

Tasnym
12-31-2011, 10:29 AM
and an other video where he said that Dajjal will come, probably, in our kids lives.
He said exactly : young pupils will see him, probably (perhaps).

Samiun
12-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Whats with the attitude in people today? Ridiculous.
:sl: sister, I have no intention whatsoever to hurt other people's feelings. But if someone try to call him a soothsayer, I won't hold anything back. We must be extra careful when talking about the ulamas. Perhaps the internet is not the right place for discussing this issue, try talking to the people who know really well about the deen such as Islamic teachers..

Tasnym
12-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Here the explanation of the prediction of Cheikh Imran Hosein.

Please can someone put it, i can't.
On youtube.com " la révolution Islamique et retoure de khilafa "
In English with subtitle in french.

MustafaMc
12-31-2011, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Sheikh Imran Hosein is a Scholar who is doing a great job in WAKING the Muslims up to reality with his insightful lectures yet you insult him by saying he's a soothsayer?
What kind of nonsense is this
I challenge to to prove that I am wrong in the comments that I have made. Singing the praises of some sheikh and screaming bloody-murder that I have insulted him because I dare to speak from my knowledge of what he unequivocally said about stoning/100 lashes and my opinion about one who foretells the future as a soothsayer is a red herring to mislead away from the valid points I have raised.

Weather forecasters base their predictions on present weather conditions and what has followed similar conditions in the past. When there are dark clouds in the sky, it is pretty safe to say, "It will rain within an hour." People predict which team will win based either upon wishful thinking about their favorite team or by an analysis of strengths and weaknesses of the teams with the later most definitely being more accurate. Doctors predict when a cancerous patient will die based on the degree of spread in their body and how long other people lived after reaching that stage. One can analyze the current national deficit and debt load as well as economic trends to predict an imminent collapse or other major change.

Similarly, one can look at the fulfillment of prophecies by Prophet Muhammad (saaws) about signs of the Last Day to know that we are ever marching closer to it, but no one IMHO is able to foretell details about the ghaib unless he has contact with the jinn or unless he has insight into a particular hadith that he can reference. I have no problem with someone pointing to the Burj Khalifa and referencing the Jibrael hadith, "When the shepherds of lambs compete in constructing tall buildings that is one of its signs [and it, the Hour, is] among five [things] which none know but Allah' to show that we are getting closer to the Hour. However, I have a problem with someone pulling predictions about the Unseen out of thin air without referencing a specific hadith and him saying, "It is my opinion that this hadith is pointing to ....".

MustafaMc
12-31-2011, 01:44 PM
:sl: sister, I have no intention whatsoever to hurt other people's feelings. But if someone try to call him a soothsayer, I won't hold anything back.
What would one be called who made a prediction in 2003 that an Islamic revolution would take place in 2011? What would you call Nostradamus?

Do you agree that the punishment for adultery (defined as sexual intercourse between people who are married to someone besides that particular partner) is not stoning, but rather 100 lashes the same as for fornication (defined as sexual intercourse between people who are not married to anyone)?

Cabdullahi
12-31-2011, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
lol what??? Just cuz the name sounds fancy "salafiyyah," it does not mean it is the most authentic form of Islam. I personally have found the Salafi cult to be arrogant and narrow-minded. I do not associate with them anymore. I am still in search of the Islamic group that follows Muhammad pbuh in its entirety, have not found one yet. Till then I think I'd stick to Hanbali fiqh.
If there's an exclusive salafi cult and they're arrogant then that's not the way of the prophet.

the name salafiyya which you are joking about comes from the word 'salaf', which means the righteous predecessors.

Fancy people you would love to imitate.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 02:06 PM

Salahudeen, don't use that kind of comparison. He's talking about the Dajjal, not the weather. I suppose you would be ok if someone said i was gunna become a millionaire in 2011. Don't think so! This is a topic related to Islaam, not the weather!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 02:11 PM
:sl: sister, I have no intention whatsoever to hurt other people's feelings. But if someone try to call him a soothsayer, I won't hold anything back. We must be extra careful when talking about the ulamas. Perhaps the internet is not the right place for discussing this issue, try talking to the people who know really well about the deen such as Islamic teachers..

:w:
And what in the world did that have to do with me? Huh? No tell me. Did I call him a soothsayer? Don't direct this comment at me. If you have a problem with my view (seeing as I insulted no one nor was I rude) then I can't help you!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 02:21 PM

Don't get cocky with me. You disagree with it, then that's your decision. Dont go calling it a cult because it didn't make sense to you. Wearing the label of a salafi doesn't make you one, but through your actions. I agree with it, deal with it. Don't take out your inner hatred of Salafiyyah on me, keep it to yourself.

MustafaMc
12-31-2011, 02:35 PM
:w:
And what in the world did that have to do with me? Huh? No tell me. Did I call him a soothsayer? Don't direct this comment at me. If you have a problem with my view (seeing as I insulted no one nor was I rude) then I can't help you!
Sister, he clearly said this in reference to me and me alone. He merely quoted you because you said this disagreement between me and others on this issue is ridiculous.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Sister, he clearly said this in reference to me and me alone. He merely quoted you because you said this disagreement between me and others on this issue is ridiculous.
I'm addressing him over his post i just quoted, talking about soothsayer. What did that have to do with my post he quoted? That's what I was asking. Please go back and read it brother...

Salahudeen
12-31-2011, 02:48 PM

Salahudeen, don't use that kind of comparison. He's talking about the Dajjal, not the weather. I suppose you would be ok if someone said i was gunna become a millionaire in 2011. Don't think so! This is a topic related to Islaam, not the weather!
Why shouldn't I use that comparison :s you said predictions were wrong, I showed you predictions that happen every day in our lifes, so are those predictions wrong? the comparison of the weather was to show that predictions are made in every day life cos you said that you thought predictions were wrong, so just to clarify you believe only predictions related to Islam are wrong? If someone predicts that you're going to become a millionaire in 2011 what is the problem with that as long as they don't claim knowledge of the unseen and say their prediction is a guess based upon your career or what you're studying :hmm:

A prediction is a prediction wether its related to the weather or Islam I don't see the difference, i.e my friend says "I predict day of judgement will occur in my son's lifetime, of course I don't know, only Allah knows but I'm just guessing because of x y z" what is wrong with this? I don't get it.

I predict this guy in my class who is genius and is developing a project that big companies are approaching him over will become millionaire whats wrong with this :s

MustafaMc
12-31-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm addressing him over his post i just quoted, talking about soothsayer. What did that have to do with my post he quoted? That's what I was asking. Please go back and read it brother...
It seems that you misunderstood why he quoted you. He did not say you called the sheikh a soothsayer as I and I alone was the one he was talking about. He was merely explaining his part in what you called a ridiculous exchange with me.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 03:12 PM
^^ no I didn't misunderstand at all. He quoted me in the same post he quoted you where I said that it seems like he's still supporting Sufism and that hewas giving mixed signals. And then he said no one is forcing me to believe it etc...the way he said wasnt nice. Then he explain he jus doesn't like that people r calling imran hossein a soothsayer. So IM ASKING, what does that have to do with ME. Had nothing to do with what I'm addressing. Go back and read it...please...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
Why shouldn't I use that comparison :s you said predictions were wrong, I showed you predictions that happen every day in our lifes, so are those predictions wrong? the comparison of the weather was to show that predictions are made in every day life cos you said that you thought predictions were wrong, so just to clarify you believe only predictions related to Islam are wrong? If someone predicts that you're going to become a millionaire in 2011 what is the problem with that as long as they don't claim knowledge of the unseen and say their prediction is a guess based upon your career or what you're studying :hmm:

A prediction is a prediction wether its related to the weather or Islam I don't see the difference, i.e my friend says "I predict day of judgement will occur in my son's lifetime, of course I don't know, only Allah knows but I'm just guessing because of x y z" what is wrong with this? I don't get it.

I predict this guy in my class who is genius and is developing a project that big companies are approaching him over will become millionaire whats wrong with this :s
Those things are TRIVIAL, Allaah and the Prophet don't talk about it. Setting a DATE on something when you havent the slightest clue, is ok? How can you know at what date something will happen? You don't, you can only guess.

Salahudeen
12-31-2011, 03:17 PM
I challenge to to prove that I am wrong in the comments that I have made. Singing the praises of some sheikh and screaming bloody-murder that I have insulted him because I dare to speak from my knowledge of what he unequivocally said about stoning/100 lashes and my opinion about one who foretells the future as a soothsayer is a red herring to mislead away from the valid points I have raised.

Weather forecasters base their predictions on present weather conditions and what has followed similar conditions in the past. When there are dark clouds in the sky, it is pretty safe to say, "It will rain within an hour." People predict which team will win based either upon wishful thinking about their favorite team or by an analysis of strengths and weaknesses of the teams with the later most definitely being more accurate. Doctors predict when a cancerous patient will die based on the degree of spread in their body and how long other people lived after reaching that stage. One can analyze the current national deficit and debt load as well as economic trends to predict an imminent collapse or other major change.

Similarly, one can look at the fulfillment of prophecies by Prophet Muhammad (saaws) about signs of the Last Day to know that we are ever marching closer to it, but no one IMHO is able to foretell details about the ghaib unless he has contact with the jinn or unless he has insight into a particular hadith that he can reference. I have no problem with someone pointing to the Burj Khalifa and referencing the Jibrael hadith, "When the shepherds of lambs compete in constructing tall buildings that is one of its signs [and it, the Hour, is] among five [things] which none know but Allah' to show that we are getting closer to the Hour. However, I have a problem with someone pulling predictions about the Unseen out of thin air without referencing a specific hadith and him saying, "It is my opinion that this hadith is pointing to ....".
I agree, but the fact remains that all the above scenarios you mentioned are in fact predictions, they may be more reliable predictions because they're based upon stuff, but that doesn't change the underlying fact that they remain predictions until they've occurred, then they become fact. So what I don't understand is, is it haraam to say in Islam that I think this and this will happen in the future because of this etc for example, if I say "I think my first child will be a boy because that's the trend in our family" is this wrong to say cos its a prediction :hmm: confusing

Salahudeen
12-31-2011, 03:20 PM

Those things are TRIVIAL, Allaah and the Prophet don't talk about it. Setting a DATE on something when you have the slightest clue is ok? How can you know at what date something will happen? You don't, you can only guess.
I'm aware they're trivial ukhti but you're missing the underlying point, they're predictions and you said predictions were wrong, :hmm: Why isn't it ok if you clarify that you're just guessing and it's not for certain because only Allah knows, oh, exactly my point, it's all guessing, no one is claiming knowledge of the unseen, cos only Allah knows that.

So what's wrong with it then, is guessing haraam :hmm: I guess you're going to reply to this post, I don't know for sure, but I'm predicting that you are ;D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 03:22 PM
^^ I was obviously unclear, I was referring to the topic at hand >.> it seems I stink at explaining. I'm just gonna drop out of this thread (not cause of you) but cause some people are too air tight.

:sl:

Salahudeen
12-31-2011, 03:26 PM
^^ I was obviously unclear, I was referring to the topic at hand >.> it seems I stink at explaining. I'm just gonna drop out of this thread (not cause of you) but cause some people are too air tight.

I know sis, so am I referring to the topic at hand, is guessing haraam in Islam? are we not allowed to guess when we think events will happen? For example if a person says "I think the day of judgement is in next 20 years sometime because so many of the signs have come to pass and we're near the major signs but of course I could be wrong only Allah knows the time of the hour", is this wrong because it's a prediction/guess :hmm:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 03:36 PM
^^ It doesn't make sense to give a date on something that only Allaah has knowledge of and then say only Allaah knows when Qiyamah will come. You can't have both...by saying "knowledge of the hour is with Allaah alone" and then also say "I think it'll be in 20 years". That's a contradiction. if you know and believe that only Allaah is knower of the Unseen, how can u bother then trying to give a timespan. A lot of the signs took place even by the time of RasulAllaah sallallaahu alayhi wasallam, to them it felt like a lot already occurred but there's a huge gap from that time and now...

Salahudeen
12-31-2011, 03:46 PM
^^ It doesn't make sense to give a date on something that only Allaah has knowledge of and then say only Allaah knows when Qiyamah will come. You can't have both...by saying "knowledge of the hour is with Allaah alone" and then also say "I think it'll be in 20 years". That's a contradiction. if you know and believe that only Allaah is knower of the Unseen, how can u bother then trying to give a timespan. A lot of the signs took place even by the time of RasulAllaah sallallaahu alayhi wasallam, to them it felt like a lot already occurred but there's a huge gap from that time and now...
But is it wrong/haraam/forbideen to do this? How is it a contradiction? let me give you an example, I ask my friend when he's getting married, he says I've kept the date a secret only I know, I say "hmm I guess/predict you're gonna get married on this date but only you know the date but I think it will be this date" how is that a contradiction? It doesn't invalidate the statement that only he knows.

If I were to say "you're getting married on this date definitely I know you are", then it would be a contradiction. Some people like to give time spans for some reason, my self personally I think its pointless. But I'm not going to shoot other people for saying what they think the future holds. Unless they begin claiming knowledge of the unseen, but if they want to speculate I'm not gonna shoot them.

Just the other day my friend said to me "I think imam mahdi will appear soon there's so much oppression going on to the Muslims" we both agreed that Allah only knows but we speculated on the feasibility and likelihood of imam mahdi appearing within our life time.

It's pointless cos only Allah knows agreed, but whats wrong with it :hmm:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 03:56 PM
There's a difference between saying "soon" and "20 years". You gave yourself the answer. It's normal to feel likeit's soon, due to all this oppression but it's different if your standing at that podium giving a lecture and saying such and such will happen in this much time or at this date...

And there's a kind of prediction that you see done by a lot of Hindus...by saying so and so will die on this day or so and so will get married on this day. And there are people even amongst Muslims who say stuff like if you wear this color or do this, he/she will have this success on this day. It's common sense, you don't need to be a genius to realize when some things are unnecessary. Not every issue is the same...

Some "predictions" are mere speculations, just as you did with your friend. But then there are people who make it their life long job and are adamant about the prediction they give. Quite frankly, trying to figure out when something will happen is a waste of time. Us knowing these signs, layed out for us in Islaam is so we prepare ourselves for Qiyamah and time in the grave, not so we sit and obsess over setting dates for an event. You tell me, which is more fruitful..

Salahudeen
12-31-2011, 04:03 PM
There's a difference between saying "soon" and "20 years". You gave yourself the answer. It's normal to feel likeit's soon, due to all this oppression but it's different if your standing at that podium giving a lecture and saying such and such will happen in this much time or at this date...

And there's a kind of prediction that you see done by a lot of Hindus...by saying so and so will die on this day or so and so will get married on this day. And there are people even amongst Muslims who say stuff like if you wear this color or do this, he/she will have this success on this day. It's common sense, you don't need to be a genius to realize when some things are unnecessary. Not every issue is the same...
If these people say at the podium "without a doubt, for sure, we know it" then of course its wrong because only Allah knows. What are you disagreeing with me on ;D, Hindu's do their predictions based upon astrology I think its called, when they look at the stars etc this is my understanding of fortune tellers, people who indulge in astrology and communicate with jinns then of course this is wrong and going to these people is wrong, but if a person just speculates about what he thinks is going to happen in the future I don't see anything wrong. Tomorrow I think I will get ill cos I've been feeling under the weather, this isn't wrong even though its a prediction.

As for this sheikh imran hussain I've never heard of him and don't know what he says but my point was speculating on what you thinks going to happen in the future isn't wrong/haraam.

But also, what if a person says I think in the next 20 years this will happen, whats wrong with it :s as long as he understands that its just a guess and only Allah knows. For example, I think in the next 20 years I might get married, or go on hajj inshaAllah, but only Allah knows what the fture holds, is this a wrong statement :s

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 04:06 PM
^^ sheesh, what did we disagree on I don't know. As for it being haram I dunno. Honestly I haven't done a lot of digging on this topic, so this is all I can lay out to u. When I mentioned predictions, this is what I had in my mind at the time. My comments were technically meant in a general sense. I dunno anything about this guy. My only comment about him was from that bit abdullaahi shared. Apparently I'm evil for mentioning what I got out his statements. Like I said, air tight lol.

Now me is out

IslamicRevival
12-31-2011, 04:13 PM
I challenge to to prove that I am wrong in the comments that I have made. Singing the praises of some sheikh and screaming bloody-murder that I have insulted him because I dare to speak from my knowledge of what he unequivocally said about stoning/100 lashes and my opinion about one who foretells the future as a soothsayer is a red herring to mislead away from the valid points I have raised
I have no knowledge on the subject but i will say this, ill take the Sheikhs word over a laymans any day of the week.

No one IMHO is able to foretell details about the ghaib unless he has contact with the jinn or unless he has insight into a particular hadith that he can reference..
First a soothsayer now information he has is possibly coming through Jinns? :hmm: Cynical much? (Pure madness if you ask me) Anyone can see for themselves Qiyamah is near and Dajjal is coming soon, the Minor signs have passed and we are in the last phase.

The Sheikh is simply expanding and voicing his insightful opinion and i see nothing wrong wrong with it. Maybe we do have 50 years, 60 years left..who knows? Its an opinion and Allah knows best

~Zaria~
12-31-2011, 04:50 PM
Omw!

Its such sadness to see brothers and sisters squabbling over matters of Islam like this.
Let me guess....everyone here are scholars in the matters of fiqh and ahadith now?

Please people - lower your egos a bit.

Do you not realise that he is providing his INTERPRETATION of certain ahadith related to Dajjal/ Gog and Magog/ Jerusalem/ Islam and Feminism/ Islam and the future of money, etc etc.
If you listen to his talks - REALLY listen - you will hear him go into great detail on HOW he comes to the conclusions that he has - quoting the relevant ahadith and ayats all the way.
You will hear him go deep into history regarding Britian, Palestine, etc.....and then return with his opinion about the future of this ummah.

So, e.g when he discusses his interpretation of the hadith about a slave woman giving birth to his mistress......this is his OPINION, his INTERPRETATION of the hadith, based on what is going on today.
When he explains ANY of the signs of the approaching hour - it is his INTERPRETATION.

He does not sit back and pull out of thin air - i think dajjal will appear at around so and so year -without trying to explain exactly how he got to this point.

Or did you guys miss out this part of the lecture?

If one is using the above manner to reach a CALCULATED guess about something that is to occur in the future (as occurs everyday of our lives - think about it).....then are we all sooth-sayers?!
My word!

You need not believe him.
As I have mentioned in my first post here - indeed there are flaws in some of his theories.

But please, lets stop labelling him.

If you do not accept his interpretations and his opinions - just move on.

Salaam

CosmicPathos
12-31-2011, 05:14 PM
If there's an exclusive salafi cult and they're arrogant then that's not the way of the prophet.

the name salafiyya which you are joking about comes from the word 'salaf', which means the righteous predecessors.

Fancy people you would love to imitate.
Hello sir, I do know where salafiyyah comes from and what does salaf mean. Salaf is not a "particular" word for ashaab. The word Salaf itself means any predecessors. If you are referring to pious predecessors then it means salaf us saleh. But even then it doesnt point to companions of Prophet. If you are talking about companions of Prophet, probably better to use Ashaab ar Rasool (saw). Prophet used the word salaf in the hadeeth to refer to this ashaab and their 2 generations after them.

Moreover, just cuz the cult has used the terminology from Prophet's hadeeth, it does not mean the cult is true.

CosmicPathos
12-31-2011, 05:17 PM

Don't get cocky with me. You disagree with it, then that's your decision. Dont go calling it a cult because it didn't make sense to you. Wearing the label of a salafi doesn't make you one, but through your actions. I agree with it, deal with it. Don't take out your inner hatred of Salafiyyah on me, keep it to yourself.
I have not taken any anger out on you, sister. I've just stated what I think about the so-called cult Salafiyyah. Its a cult because look at the techniques used by its members all over the world. The moment you disagree with them a bit, the moment you are kicked out of the group. etc etc.

CosmicPathos
12-31-2011, 05:22 PM
Salam, not in your reference bro. I do not know what you adhere to. If you happen to be Salafi, that was not known to me. And I have no "hatred" for you just cuz you are one, but if you behave like one, then I dont know. So far you seem to be a knowledgeable and friendly person on these forums.

However, I do disagree with you that one cannot make their inferences about hadith as long as they are not claiming any sort of absolute positions or acting like God.I do not listen to Imran Hossein, I believe he is a Takbleegi Jamaati. It could be that he has made a mistake in talking about that lashing vs stoning thing. Again, I'd have to see that DVD to see what he has said. Till then it only is hearsay, no matter how honest and truthful you might be, which I am sure you are.

Samiun
12-31-2011, 05:30 PM
^^ no I didn't misunderstand at all. He quoted me in the same post he quoted you where I said that it seems like he's still supporting Sufism and that hewas giving mixed signals. And then he said no one is forcing me to believe it etc...the way he said wasnt nice. Then he explain he jus doesn't like that people r calling imran hossein a soothsayer. So IM ASKING, what does that have to do with ME. Had nothing to do with what I'm addressing. Go back and read it...please...
:sl: I was actually addressing it to Mustafa Mc and not you. The first sentence which goes like ,"Not to hurt other people's feelings" was for you. I quoted the soothsayer thing to express my disappointment to people who actually think he is one and that his ideas are ridiculous. I didn't see your post properly when you said 'it' which is sufism. Look, again when talking about t3h scholars we need to be 3xtr4 careful. We are discussing about people who have a higher knowledge and deep understanding of Islam than us. Who are we to criticize the scholars without proper authority from other scholars?

You know what, I'm gonna end this here. Iblis and syaitan are(probably) enjoying our argument. I'm actually thankful that you(light) saw my terrible attitude when replying to your post. I hope that you would do the same thing to other members too who are constantly doing it.

Zaria's post pretty much sums up everything.

Samiun
12-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Salam, not in your reference bro. I do not know what you adhere to. If you happen to be Salafi, that was not known to me. And I have no "hatred" for you just cuz you are one, but if you behave like one, then I dont know. So far you seem to be a knowledgeable and friendly person on these forums.

However, I do disagree with you that one cannot make their inferences about hadith as long as they are not claiming any sort of absolute positions or acting like God.I do not listen to Imran Hossein, I believe he is a Takbleegi Jamaati. It could be that he has made a mistake in talking about that lashing vs stoning thing. Again, I'd have to see that DVD to see what he has said. Till then it only is hearsay, no matter how honest and truthful you might be, which I am sure you are.
:sl: dude, he is not a takbleegi jamaati. He even talks about them in one of his books 'Gog And Magog'.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-01-2012, 12:09 AM
:sl: I was actually addressing it to Mustafa Mc and not you. The first sentence which goes like ,"Not to hurt other people's feelings" was for you. I quoted the soothsayer thing to express my disappointment to people who actually think he is one and that his ideas are ridiculous. I didn't see your post properly when you said 'it' which is sufism. Look, again when talking about t3h scholars we need to be 3xtr4 careful. We are discussing about people who have a higher knowledge and deep understanding of Islam than us. Who are we to criticize the scholars without proper authority from other scholars?

You know what, I'm gonna end this here. Iblis and syaitan are(probably) enjoying our argument. I'm actually thankful that you(light) saw my terrible attitude when replying to your post. I hope that you would do the same thing to other members too who are constantly doing it.

Zaria's post pretty much sums up everything.
So by this, I should accept najisul padri (tahirul qadri) as a scholar (as per example)
Sorry but I'll pass. Not everything is just black and white. I don't jus necessarily argue with people unless they give me a reason. Quite frankly I'll never stop whilst I know people r being nonsensical, that's jus how I am. You still failed to understand what ive said or at least trying to say. Having more knowledge doesnt necessarily mean its correct and the right person to take from. Heck iblees has more knowledge than any of us....But it did him no good whatsoever.

As they say "I'm only responsible for what I say and not what you understand."

MustafaMc
01-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Wa alaikum assalam. No, I do not consider myself to be a salafi according to the modern association with extremism and intolerance for those who follow one of the Sunni madhabs. I respect those who follow a madhab and those who don't follow one in particular as long as they follow the sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (saaws) and don't impose their views on me. I consider myself to follow the Shafi'i madhab, but I am not highly knowledgeable nor do I know anyone who follows this madhab. Most of the people around me are either salafi or Hanafi.
However, I do disagree with you that one cannot make their inferences about hadith as long as they are not claiming any sort of absolute positions or acting like God.
I am not sure I understand you, but I see that one can make inferences from hadith as they relate to modern times. However, for one to make specific predictions about the future such as "the Middle East governments will fall like domnoes", "drama worthy of Hollywood will come", "Israel will make a lightning strike, preemptive attack, a dazzling display of state of the art military technology with super high tech weaponry that even Uncle Sam (USA) does not have", and "they will wage a war like USA has never seen and could never wage" goes way beyond making inferences from hadith and is not supported by any known fact. Except for the first one, these predictions (paraphrased here) are yet to come true and there is nothing to suggest even today that Israel will launch this kind of attack on the Muslim world that will "shock and awe" even the USA with their technology. My point is that this foretelling of the future (soothsaying) is very much unlike collecting existing weather data today and predicting that it will rain tomorrow.
I do not listen to Imran Hossein, I believe he is a Takbleegi Jamaati. It could be that he has made a mistake in talking about that lashing vs stoning thing. Again, I'd have to see that DVD to see what he has said. Till then it only is hearsay, no matter how honest and truthful you might be, which I am sure you are.
I can't accept that a 'scholar' would make a mistake in speaking so forcefully as he did about only lashing for adultery. Perhaps you agree that this is the proper punishment and that stoning does not apply. I respect your perspective that it is merely hearsay and based solely on my relaying to you what I heard him say on a DVD. At that time I also did a google search and I found some other scholars in Malaysia who shared that view, but it seems those sites don't show up any more in searches.

MustafaMc
01-01-2012, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
So what I don't understand is, is it haraam to say in Islam that I think this and this will happen in the future because of this etc for example, if I say "I think my first child will be a boy because that's the trend in our family" is this wrong to say cos its a prediction :hmm: confusing
The distinction is between making vague predictions that may or may not come true and making specific predictions with the full expectation that they will come true. There is a difference between wishfully saying, "I believe my first child will be a boy." and stating with full confidence, "My first born will be a boy, he will graduate Magna Cum Laude from Harvard University and he will become president of Exxon." If this later specific forecast is wrong, he merely looks like a fool and if he is accurate, he must have gotten his information from a fortue teller or soothsayer.

Abz2000
01-01-2012, 07:15 AM
i have watched some of the brother's lectures and find him to be very well informed,
yes, he can make mistakes in his predictions based on Ahadith, just like anyone else can,
and he also admits this,
but i have gained a lot of knowledge from his lectures and have been able to evaluate his words with the brain Allah has given us all, and decide for myself,
i don't have to agree with everything he says, just like i don't have to agree with everything any book other than Quran and hadith say.

i don't believe i would be wrong to assume that most of the people attacking him at least sometimes watch mass media news which is totally full of bull.

here is the first one i watched, i ended up watching all 8 parts in one sitting and have since decided to put aside a few coins:

~Zaria~
01-01-2012, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=MustafaMc;1487392] However, for one to make specific predictions about the future such as "the Middle East governments will fall like domnoes", "drama worthy of Hollywood will come", "Israel will make a lightning strike, preemptive attack, a dazzling display of state of the art military technology with super high tech weaponry that even Uncle Sam (USA) does not have", and "they will wage a war like USA has never seen and could never wage" goes way beyond making inferences from hadith and is not supported by any known fact. Except for the first one, these predictions (paraphrased here) are yet to come true and there is nothing to suggest even today that Israel will launch this kind of attack on the Muslim world that will "shock and awe" even the USA with their technology. My point is that this foretelling of the future (soothsaying) is very much unlike collecting existing weather data today and predicting that it will rain tomorrow.I can't accept that a 'scholar' would make a mistake in speaking so forcefully as he did about only lashing for adultery. [QUOTE]

Assalamu-alaikum Akhi,

I appreciate how passionate you are on this matter :)

I think we are now delving into what exactly is a 'prediction'/ 'sooth-saying'/ 'fortune-telling' or whatever we want to call it.....as prohibited in Islam.

I just want to refer you to the following link:

todaysten.com/2007/03/10-predictions-that-came-true.html

(Please insert www before the address.......I cant post links as yet, but Im trying to find ways around it, lol :p )

Now, tell me - have all these highly creative and imaginative people been indulging in 'fortune-telling'?
Have they been summoning jinns and those that belong to the world of the unseen, to be able to look into the future and IMAGINE what it possibly could hold?

Dont we all do this from time to time?

Take as an example: I say, 'I imagine a day when we will be able to live under-water - and have communities and cities below the sea' (ok, so Im not quite as good at this....and most likely this will never materialise, Allah knows best).

My question is: am i doing something wrong....to be using my knowledge of the technological advances today, and applying my imagination to say this?

I dont think so.....

We have to realise, when we listen to Sheikh Imran Hosein:

He has taken the interpretation of ahadith and the study of the signs of Qiyamat up a notch.....if compared to other scholars.

He is applying is imagination, knowledge of past events in history, as well as Quraan and Hadith.....to try and understand what is going on today.....and what we MAY expect to see in the future.

At the end of the day, Allah knows best.

And so, to those of us who are willing to listen to a man who:

- has dedicated so much of his life to this field,
- who speaks with the love of Allah and his Rasul (sallahu alaihi wasalam),
- who asks of no reward or compensation for sharing this knowledge (his retreats/ camps are unbelievably cheap, and they even help out those who cannot afford accomadation, etc, all his talks and books are freely available for download.....no profits made here either......)

- A man who has opened up the hearts and minds to the reality of this dunya, for so many muslims......

then I say: Alhamdulillah!
May Allah reward him abundantly in both the dunyas, and forgive him for any of his short-comings, Ameen.

Please people......who are speaking of someone who deserves so much more respect......yet is just a humble seeker of the truth.
And he is human.
He will, and Allah knows best, does make mistakes.

So do all of us.
So do other scholars.

Please realise this, insha Allah.

(And if you have any doubts or queries on any matter - you are even free to write in to him. From what I hear, he takes the time to respond individually to mails that are sent to him.)

Salaam

FS123
01-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Imran Hossien lost me because he seemed to much into conspiracy theories. I prefer Nouman Ali Khan who sticks to explanation of Quran. Second, he is talking about gold dinar, and he is not expert on this subject. I don't like when muslim scholars do this. That is another reason I prefer Nouman Ali Khan, he asks the person to go to an expert in the field.

MustafaMc
01-01-2012, 10:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Assalamu-alaikum Akhi,

I appreciate how passionate you are on this matter :)

I think we are now delving into what exactly is a 'prediction'/ 'sooth-saying'/ 'fortune-telling' or whatever we want to call it.....as prohibited in Islam.
Wa alaikum assalam, Ukhti. I think I have made my point. May Allah (swt) forgive me if I have spoken too harshly or been guilty of backbiting. A person asked about this scholar and I felt an obligation to share my knowledge and my concerns. I admit I could be wrong and that I may have gone too far in mentioning jinn. You could be right that he is using his own knowledge (which is obviously much more than mine) of Quran and hadith in combination with his own imagination to make forecasts about the future. However, on what basis can someone confidently say that Israel will attack the Muslim world with weaponry and technology that even the USA does not have? Perhaps, you would also like to comment on the Islamic punishment for adultery. If I am wrong in believing that it is stoning, I would like to be corrected.

syed_z
01-01-2012, 10:18 AM
There is a difference between wishfully saying, "I believe my first child will be a boy." and stating with full confidence, "My first born will be a boy, he will graduate Magna Cum Laude from Harvard University and he will become president of Exxon." If this later specific forecast is wrong, he merely looks like a fool and if he is accurate, he must have gotten his information from a fortue teller or soothsayer.
Asalaam o Alaikum ....

You have answered yourself brother. If you have heard his lectures before the revolutions took place in the Middle East, he never said that they will "such and such will happen for sure 100% and there is no doubt about it." No , never did he say such, rather what he has always said is "I believe that revolutions will take place in the near future and governments of Middle East will get toppled."

Similarly whenever he says Israel will become the ruling state in the world and power in the Middle East, he never says "it is going to happens as i say".... rather he always says "I believe that Israel will become the super power in Middle East and Dajjal will be its king etc"

Similarly he always says "I believe that the kids right now in High school will be able to see Dajjal not very far from when they become mature, they grow up etc".... he always says "I believe".

Similarly he said before USA attacked Iraq that "Most probably we believe that a Shia government will be installed in Iraq and a Sunni govt will be taken out" i.e. in order to balance the regional power so that Sunnis are not able to gain firm control in the Middle East etc. And such did happen....

the Sheikh does not do predictions as many brothers and sisters here think. Rather he warns them of the danger ahead for the ummah so they may save themselves.

At several times he even said "i could be wrong" and what i would suggest every one is to watch his lectures and read his books to understand where the Sheikh is coming from.

MustafaMc
01-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Rather he warns them of the danger ahead for the ummah so they may save themselves.
Wa alaikum assalam. It is good to be warned about what may be coming, but the best preparation for difficult times is iman and taqwa that we all would do well to better cultivate and nurture.

syed_z
01-01-2012, 12:16 PM
And about Scholars and their predictions are actually not their predictions. They are actually Warnings and why can't a scholars warn us when it is for our own good ? i would like to share a few words.

There is a tradition of Prophet Muhammad (saw) in which he when calling people towards Islam said the following.

Narrated Abu Musa: Allah's Apostle said. "My example and the example of the message with which Allah has sent me is like that of a man who came to some people and said, "I have seen with my own eyes the enemy forces, and I am a naked warner (to you) so save yourself, save yourself! A group of them obeyed him and went out at night, slowly and stealthily and were safe, while another group did not believe him and thus the army took them in the morning and destroyed them." (Book #76, Hadith #489)

Since Prophet Muhammad (saw) was a Teacher as well as a Warner, the Heirs of the Prophets are scholars of Islam and they are supposed to do the same things for the Ummah i.e. guide them towards what is right, help them learn knowledge and save them by warning them of dangers which every other regular Muslim cannot find out themselves.

Abu Darda (RA) said, “I had heard Allah’s Messenger (SAW) say, He who travels on a path in search of knowledge will find that Allah causes him to travel on a path to Paradise. And the angels will lower their wings for the pleasure of the seeker of knowledge. And it is for the shcolar that all in the heavens and all on earth seek forgiveness so much so that fish is the water. And the excellence of a scholar over a worshipper is like the excellence of the moon over all the stars. The scholars are the heirs of the Prophet (SAW) and the Prophets do not leave dinar or dirham in legacy. They only leave knowledge. So, he who takes it indeed collects an abundant good fortune.

[Ahmed 3641, Ibn Majah 223, Ahmed 21774] (Tirmizi Book of Knolwedge, Chapter 19)

Since Sheikh Imran is a scholar of Islam, Allah (swt) has given him understanding of Din and Dunya, both. I.e. Quran and Hadith as well as political affairs of the Muslim. Therefore he uses the knowledge that he has gained to explain how Muslims should deal with the threats the Ummah faces today.

There is another hadith which might be helpful to understand as to why or how is he able to sometime see the reality beyond the appearance i.e. how does he see what is the reality of the deceptions that Media and world governments portray in front of our eyes and what is the actual reality behind those deceptions.

Sayyidina Abu Sa’eed Khudri (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, ‘Guard yourself against a Believer’s (Mumin's) insight (Firasa), for, he sees with the light (Nur) of Allah.” (Tirmizi Book of Exegesis of Quran Chapter 16 'About Surah Al Hijr')

When Khizr (a.s) damaged the boat him and Musa (a.s) were traveling on and Musa (a.s) got angry at him for doing such, Khizr (a.s) replied to that ...

(18:71) Then the two went forth until, when they embarked on the boat, he (Khizr) made a hole in it, whereupon Moses exclaimed: "Have you made a hole in it so as to drown the people in the boat? You have certainly done an awful thing."

(18:72) He (Khizr) replied: "Did I not tell you that you will not be able to patiently bear with me?"

(18:79) As for the boat it belonged to some poor people who worked on the river, and I desired to damage it for beyond them lay the dominion of a king who was wont to seize every boat by force.

(18:68) For how can you patiently bear with something you cannot encompass in your knowledge?"

Not every one of has light of Allah (swt) inside our hearts because not everyone of us have a strong faith i.e. Yaqeen (Sure Faith). There are many people out there Scholars as well as who are not, who have extensive knolwedge of Quran and Hadith, but if they are devoid of Light of Allah (swt), then they would not be able to be complete guides for the Ummah. How can they guide us in this darkness of 21st century jahilliya we're living in ? It is only with the light of Allah (swt).

I am in no way bringing Sheikh Imran to the level of Khizr (a.s) but i am just trying to tell the insight that he has with which he warns us and points out to us what we might not be able to point out. And then he uses Quran and Hadith to help us how to deal with the trials and deceptions of the modern age.

Salaam.

MustafaMc
01-02-2012, 04:17 AM
Definitions from wikipedia:

Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another person concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience.

In law and in religion, testimony is a solemn attestation as to the truth of a matter. All testimonies should be well thought out and truthful.

Tasnym
01-02-2012, 04:56 AM
Thank you, all, for the constructive discussion. I learn a lot.

syed_z
01-02-2012, 02:41 PM

Asalaam O Alaikum.....

I would like to correct myself regarding the Rajm View of Sheikh Imran Hosein. Brother Mustafa Was right and i was wrong.

He does say about Rajm that it was part of Shariah of Jews and for Muslims is flogging as he does admit that Prophet Muhammad (saw) did enforce this punishment but he says we're not sure whether this punishment of Rajm (stoning) was enforced after the Revelation of Flogging in Surah Nur.

He says since theres no proof for that that Rajm was applied after revelation of Surah Nur therefore we can assume it was applied before Surah Nur.

He also speaks about the Issue of Abrogation of Verses which he uses to explain why Rajm was abrogated.

My humble request to all brothers/sisters is please watch the whole video before we can start discussing about the Sheikh. Its better that whoever wants to disagree with the sheikh may disagree, however make sure that we refrain from dishonoring him or anything like that.

Personally i disagree to what he has said and because of that i have even emailed him and mentioned several points which prove that Rajm was enforced every during the times of Rightly Guided Caliphs. So it was enforced after the revelation of Surah Nur, and thats one proof i have. I have also emailed him several other points. He MashA'Allah does respond to people's email but sometimes it takes him longer if he's busy.

As soon as he InshA'Allah emails me back, then i will post it here and post mine as well.

For right now i recommend every one to watch this video so we can atleast understand where is he coming from, even though we disagree with him on this issue. Because hes not just out rightly denying Rajm, he has an explanation for it. I personally think he is making an error.

Salaam. :)

~Zaria~
01-02-2012, 04:12 PM
^ JazakAllah brother syed_z

Ive been meaning to watch this vid this week, but havent found the time as yet.....

Im really looking forward to his reply.

May Allah (subhanawataála) reward you for taking the time and effort to write to him, and seeking out the truth....Ameen.

Salaam :thumbs_up

Signor
01-02-2012, 04:20 PM
I am currently watching the whole playlist of his yt channel one by one,So it will take sometime to reach that one.:phew

MustafaMc
01-02-2012, 09:44 PM
I would like to correct myself regarding the Rajm View of Sheikh Imran Hosein. Brother Mustafa Was right and i was wrong.
Wa alaikum assalam, no you were not wrong as you did not know what he said on this issue. You are right to point out his reasoning for his conclusions and to express your opinion that it may be an incorrect view according to your understanding. I am very interested in hearing his reply to your email.

Tasnym
01-03-2012, 05:47 AM
Me too.

Why he seems to make a mistake on a easy question for scholars but apparently he can explain things more difficult ?

Furthermore he said that he thought Iran is sincerely against Israel (Personally I have serious doubts when I see what is happening in Iraq -especially-, Syria, Dammaj) and there will be a war against Iran in order to establish a Shia government (harder than now) and supports Israel.

What do you think about that ? Thank you.

syilla
01-03-2012, 06:09 AM
i love reading this kind of philosophy ...its like reading about metaphysics and islam. When i start having these interests...only to those who have the experience will understand. Thank you all for sharing

syed_z
01-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Me too.

Why he seems to make a mistake on a easy question for scholars but apparently he can explain things more difficult ?

Furthermore he said that he thought Iran is sincerely against Israel (Personally I have serious doubts when I see what is happening in Iraq -especially-, Syria, Dammaj) and there will be a war against Iran in order to establish a Shia government (harder than now) and supports Israel.

What do you think about that ? Thank you.

Asalaam O Alaikum....

If Iran was sincerely against Israel then why did Iran help US and NATO in taking out Taliban govt in Afghanistan ? Iran provided intelligence to US against Taliban. Iran was supporting Northern Alliance group which was fighting against Taliban. When Taliban was winning and USA decided to attack Afghanistan then they provided them intelligence to take Taliban out.

If Iran is sincerely against the Western Regime occupations of the Muslim lands then why did Iran support the occupation of Iraq ? Saudi Arab also directly helped USA bomb Iraq by providing air space and theres no doubt about that either.

Iran fully supported the NATO mission in Libya against the regime. Why did they do that ? Lebanon supported France and Britain in occupying Libya and Lebanon majority govt i.e. Hezbollah and its allies, is also backed by Iran because Lebanon did not support Arab league sanctions against Syria. If they did it against Libya then why not Syria ?

Why does Iran support NATO missions indirectly on Muslim soil ?

All of the above shows that Iran, even though it does not want NATO, USA/Israel to rule Middle East, but they do want their Iranian Shia influence to prevail over the Middle East and not other Muslims.

This is what i think, and Allah (swt) knows best.

Tasnym
01-04-2012, 05:42 AM
BarakAllah ou fik.
I think the same thing.

footy_craze
08-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Gotta be careful listening to him. Symbolizes too many hadiths and verses of Qur'an.

Scimitar
08-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Shaikh Imran Nazar Hosein...

He's the guy you all love to quote :D and in whatever context your hearts dictate... something to think about right THERE.

As for the Shaikh... I like him. I think he's on the ball - mostly. There are some theories of his which I do not buy into, namely the sun rising from the west being USA and it's wayward lifestyles... but hey, he does ALWAYS mention that this is his view - we do not have to believe him - but rather "questions" what he believes and then "study" the reasons as to why he arrived at his conclusions.

On occasion, he has accepted criticism nad done some u-turns on his opinions - you'll find these "contradictions" in some of his later works, and lectures - where he re-corrects himself after some students presented research that contradicted his previous research.

I find the shaikh to be a reasonable man, with an insight into global matters born from the study of global economics, and couple that with Islamic studies from universities around the globe and what you have is a man who has a very keen mind. As did Prof. Dr. Malik Badri, Dean of the International Institute for Islamic Thought and Civilization in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, wrote the Foreword to that book and this is what he had to say:

Finally, I am amazed by Imran's style of writing. Though Jerusalem in the Qur'an, is a meticulously written thesis combining religious and historical documents with recent political events and penetrating interpretations from the Qur'an and Hadith, it runs like a story. Once you begin reading it, it is hard to stop. This is the general quality of a novel. The person would read it once and throw the book away - but not that of a serious thought-provoking dissertation like the book that Brother Shaikh Imran published. It is a reference that one needs to keep and reread whenever the subject is to be researched. I believe that this eloquence of the Shaikh must be the result of a natural gift that has interacted with his indefatigable work as a preacher and da'iyah and the Divine Blessings for his sincerity." ['Jerusalem in the Qur'an', Masjid Dar al-Qur'an, Long Island, New York. 2002. p. xvi]

Imran Hosein, should be respected as he has earnt that right. He has left his home, and remains a traveller where he lays his masallah in whichever country grants him a stay. He has alienated himself from the nations which he warns against, namely the USA and GB. They won't allow him in, in this a sign for people who think.

He has predicted global economic crisis as well as the movements of war before the media had a chance to forecast such events and he did this because he has learnt to read what events mean in the wider scope of understanding power players at work.

His insight is exemplary, as there is no man today who has been able to accurately predict certain outcomes from understanding what the implications of such actions would mean for certain govt.s in their point n history. He is able to see the double edged sword of history and see where we are in the point of history in relation to end times. He has constantly, time and again proven, beyond doubt, that he was right... not that he would ever boast or claim he knew it all along - no - instead he adopts a modest way about him and attributes his knowledge as being a mercy from Allah.

He is willing to accept his wrongs, when he is wrong - which is rare - but more importantly, doesn't claim that he is unequivocally right, either...

With regards to his understanding of hadeeth, - I'm no hadeeth scholar, so when I hear him cite one, I go and check it. And he's usually right - I found him to be anyway.

With regard to his uncanny understanding of the world and it's elitist power plays - you gotta remember, four years before I was born, 1971 this man was already
29 and leaving the aleemiyah Institute of Islamic Studies as a graduate... and he didn't stop there. His knowledge is not hither tither, it is well researched and he presents hypothesis, in lieu of an awaited outcome - and his purpose is to instil some awareness in his audience at a time when most walk around like blind sheep...

...In that regard, he is a shepherd. May Allah continue to bless him with knowledge which puts the light of knowledge deep within our hearts too, Ameen.

Scimi

GuestFellow
08-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Asslamu Aliakum,

I watched his lectures. In terms of geo-politics...he does not present a lot evidence. It's more like guesswork to me. I mean if you want to understand history and politics, you should read other books as well to get as much information as you can. Then your in a position to compare views and see which one sounds credible. Just saying don't rely on one source.

I don't have anything against the Sheikh or anything. He's a nice practicing Muslim. Very polite.

Scimitar
08-25-2012, 05:39 PM
:) personally, I prefer to get my politics from him. He's always been on the ball in that sense... infact, ahead of the media networks' forecasts too.

Scimi

GuestFellow
08-25-2012, 05:57 PM
^ Asslamu Aliakum,

What forecasts?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!