/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feet Positions In Salah

questions123
01-02-2012, 01:35 AM
AsSalaamALaykum

I keep my feet in the position shown in the picture below, for all sitting positions, is this okay?
I have been praying like this for years now, and some places on the internet recommend other ways of sitting.
I am not used to the proper way of sitting where we have our left foot on the floor and the right foot raised and find this position painful.

Attachment 4510

Is it okay for me to continue praying and sitting in the position as shown in the image above?

Please reply as soon as possible.

Jazak Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
questions123
01-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Salaam,
please someone reply quickly.

Thanks

syed1
01-02-2012, 07:11 PM
http://www.***********/ibadaat/salat/sl_1-52.png

y
ou should try to sit like that

if you have difficulty keeping your right foot raised you can leave it lying against the floor instead.

questions123
01-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Salaam, the link you provided does not work.

Is it not okay for me to continue sitting like the position in the picture i showed in my first post.

As i find the proper position painful.

JazakAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed1
01-02-2012, 08:46 PM
I don't know if its right or wrong, I cannot speak for that. But I do know the right position is the one you deem to be painful. however, like I said if you simply leave the foot resting on the ground instead of having it raised with your toes it will be easier and is also acceptable.

questions123
01-02-2012, 09:08 PM
JazakAllah brother, thank you very much.

Allah Hafis.

Hamza Asadullah
01-17-2012, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by questions123
AsSalaamALaykum

I keep my feet in the position shown in the picture below, for all sitting positions, is this okay?
I have been praying like this for years now, and some places on the internet recommend other ways of sitting.
I am not used to the proper way of sitting where we have our left foot on the floor and the right foot raised and find this position painful.

Attachment 4510

Is it okay for me to continue praying and sitting in the position as shown in the image above?

Please reply as soon as possible.

Jazak Allah.
:sl:

Pointing the toes towards the qibla during prostration is a confirmed sunna for those able to do so and not pointing the toes towards the qibla is blameworthy and somewhat disliked (makruh tanzihan), but not sinful. It does not relate to the validity of the prayer. A confirmed sunna to point one’s toes towards the qibla.

Source: Qibla.com

So you should try your best to fulfill this sunnah. Start off slowly maybe a couple of minutes a day practising stretching your toes and then eventually placing them on the ground and slowly putting pressure on them. Eventually you will be able to do the correct position of your feet in Salaah. So it only takes daily stretches.

If you need anymore help then please let me know.

Who Am I?
01-17-2012, 05:50 PM
:sl:

I can relate to this. I have an old sports injury in one of my ankles, and sometimes it is painful for me to sit on my feet.

Al-bint
03-25-2012, 06:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Pointing the toes towards the qibla during prostration is a confirmed sunna
only at times of prostration right? i point my toes towards the Qibla during prostration but it is difficult to do so while sitting (attahiyaat position). is it makrooh at that time too?

wasalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!