/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reverted

Crystal
01-02-2012, 12:19 PM
As Salaam Alaikum

La ilaha illa Allah,Muhammadar Rasul Allah

Thanks to all the people on the forum who helped me with my questions about Islam and especially Riana who had hope in me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Crystal
01-02-2012, 12:27 PM
I also have no idea how to change my religion from other to muslim so if someone can tell me...

Insaanah
01-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Wa alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh sister Crystal,

(And may the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you).

This is truly such wonderful, heartwarming news.

Welcome home sister, welcome to the ummah, and welcome as our new sister in Islam.

May Allah guide you, make things easy for you, and keep you steadfast, and give you the best of this world and the hereafter, ameen.

Remember we're all here to help you in any way we can.

Please remember us in your du'as (personal supplications), as at the moment of your reversion, your slate is wiped clean, and in that state when a person makes du'a it is one of those factors that makes it more likely to be accepted.

I've had a look at the settings, and thought it would be under edit profile, but it isn't. It should be along with the location field. Perhaps if a mod sees this, they can help.

Peace.

♥ Sofia ♥
01-02-2012, 01:20 PM
:wasalamex

alhamdulillah <3

may allah swt guide you, protect you, increase your knowledge and raise you amongst the pious, ameen.

welcome aboard!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
01-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Allahu Akbar ! Allahu Akbar ! welcome to islam. Alhamdulillah.
MashaAllah ! May Allah protect you and keep you steadfast !
And Jazaki Allahu khayran for sharing the good news with us.

SFatima
01-02-2012, 01:43 PM
SubhanAllah MAshAllah, welcome to the islamic brotherhood and Sisterhood dear sister, may you forever be blessed and find ease and comfort in your life with Allah's subhanao Ta'la's blessings, aameen, lots of hugs and prayers from my side :)

Please look for a muslim community around you, and find muslim people to interact with, make friends with. Understand that there maybe be good people and bad people in Islam too, so be patient and careful while you make friends, but be hopeful InshAllah you'll find good people to surround you aameen( best thing is to always pray to Allah swt to always give you good practising, helpful and sincere friends and companionship)..And do take things slow, one at a time, dont rush into too much, and feel free to ask any questions.

Muslim Woman
01-02-2012, 02:30 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal
As Salaam Alaikum

La ilaha illa Allah,Muhammadar Rasul Allah

Alhamdulillah . May Allah bless you sis :statisfie

Thanks to all the people on the forum who helped me with my questions about Islam and especially Riana who had hope in me.

may Allah reward sis Riana :)

Galaxy
01-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Masha Allah, alhamdulillah :statisfie Welcome to Islam sis,

serena77
01-02-2012, 05:27 PM
mashallah sister :)
i've just reverted recently and i know how wonderful a feeling it was for me once i had taken the step to take my Shahada. I hope you felt the same. May Allah (swt) guide you and keep you safe. We are all here for you in any way we can be.
Salaams
Serena

Tilmeez
01-02-2012, 05:38 PM
:sl:
Alahu Akbar!
Welcome home sis. May Allah SWT accept you and keep you firm on the right path, Inshallah. Please keep us all in your du'as.

I also have no idea how to change my religion from other to muslim so if someone can tell me...
Don't worry it will be changed to Islam, soon, Inshallah.

Abz2000
01-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Salaaaamzzzzz sis!
this made me smile,
i could see you were a sincere seeker just from your questions,
may God make you a shining light for us, and for those around you
i'm happy now =)

Haya emaan
01-02-2012, 07:19 PM
walaikum assalam

SUBHANALLAH! welcome to Islam sister

may Allah strengthen your imaan. ameen

peace_maker
01-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Walaikum Salam. Aww! Mashaallah! May Allah keep you steadfast in your faith. May He grant you success in this life and in the hereafter. May He fill your heart with peace. May He make things much easier for you, and make you one of the dwellers of Jannah. Aaaameeen!

Good brother
01-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Assalam alaikum

Masha Allah
alhamdulillah :statisfie

I think it's better to take a ghusl/bathroom (not sure).

- Qatada -
01-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Asalaamu alaykum waRahmatullahi waBarakaatuh (peace of Allah, and His Mercy and blessings be upon you) ameen. :)

I'm really happy alhamdulillah for you sister Crystal.

Since you will remember these days the most in your life, I want to give you a few pieces of advice which you should remember continuously until you meet Allah;

1 - Islam is all about having a strong and loving relationship with your Provider - Allah. This is your main aim in life. So whenever you feel in your highs and lows - your safety and return is always to Allah. If you stray from this focus, then shaytaan will gradually turn you back to your old ways of before Islam.

Du'a, prayer, making wishes to Allah continuously throughout your life is the strongest way of sustaining your Emaan (faith/belief.)

2 - Learn Arabic, it is a miraculous language which will allow you to build a relationship with Allahs miraculous speech (the Qur'an).

This two way relationship, of you focusing on Allah in prayers, and Allah replying back to you in the Qur'an and Hadith Qudsi will always refresh your Emaan.

3 - Read the Biography of Prophet Muhammad and continuously keep benefiting from his life example throughout your own life. Read the life of his wives, and the believers before you to measure your achievements and worries in relation to what they went through. How did they react? How did they continuously return back to Allah and sustain their Emaan?

These are important in order for you to stay on this path of goodness. Because you yourself know that staying on this path will require effort until you meet your Lord on Judgment Day, and we ask Him by His Mercy to be pleased with us when we meet Him. Ameen.

Peace, and Allah be with you. Ameen.

Crystal
01-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Aw thanks for all your kind words and advice - very nice of you all. I knew I felt God in my life always so I am glad I found the truth.

Thanks Qatada for the advice I have been studying Islam for a while now so I do know how to do salah through arabic and I know some arabic too , although I will definitely read the biography of Prophet Muhammad pbuh.

format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
Understand that there maybe be good people and bad people in Islam too, so be patient and careful while you make friends
Thanks for this advice I know one thing for sure searching for the truth - the only way to learn about Islam is from the quran/hadith and not people (of course people can help!)

For reverts : how did your parents react?
Thanks again all !

Al-Mufarridun
01-02-2012, 09:59 PM

Allah is the Greatest!! Allah is the Greatest!!

Welcome BACK to ISLAM.

May Allah swt keep you and all of us on the straight path that leads to his nearness. Ameen.

Salahudeen
01-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Congratulations, welcome to Islam my sister, if you ever need help or anything just make a thread as you have been doing, I'm going to be selfish now and ask you to say a quick prayer for me please.

MustafaMc
01-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Welcome to Islam, sister. Alhamdulillah that Allah willed that you should be guided to the Truth. I advise a slow steady approach to the transition through the changes in becoming a Muslim as I became overwhelmed with all I needed to learn and left Islam for many years.

I highly recommend "The Sealed Nectar" biography of Prophet Muhammad (saaws) to learn of his life and the early history of Islam.

This program http://www.imaanstar.com/juz30.php was useful to me from a proper pronunciation perspective along with a Quran having transliteration of Arabic into English for a visual reinforcement that together is more beneficial in learning new surahs. I had a program 'Arabic Playhouse' that helped me learn the Arabic alphabet and such, but don't know if it is available anymore.

My parents were not at all accepting of my reversion to Islam as they felt I was rejecting Jesus and the free gift of salvation. I believe it is best to tell them as soon as you can work up the courage and have prepared in your mind what you want to say to lessen the shock for them.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Assalaamu alaykum...

Let me just say....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LOL Alhamdulillaah sisss, awesome news! :statisfie Welcome to the Ummah, so happy to have you as our sister!!! =D May Allaah keep you steadfast, Aameen ya Rabbi! If you have any questions, please dont hesistate =)

Please please make dua for all of usss xxx

sis muslimah
01-02-2012, 10:59 PM
wswrwb :) mashallah sis welcome to islam, may allah protect you and keep you steadfast on the deen ... ameen

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-02-2012, 11:08 PM
BTW, The Sealed Nectar is a great book, mashaAllaah...I agree.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam sis - And peace be unto you too sis ..

Welcome back home!

I hope that this new beginning of life is beneficial for you and for those around you inshaa'Allaah - God willingly ..

I'm really glad that we have a new sis in the family, Alhamdulilaah - All praise is due to Allaah!

If there is anything you need help with, feel free to ask here and we will all try to help you to the best of our knowledge and ability..

Allaahu Akbar! - Allaah is the greatest! He guided you to the path of the righteous dear sister.

Also please keep us in your precious prayers.

.. peace ..

Crystal
01-03-2012, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I believe it is best to tell them as soon as you can work up the courage and have prepared in your mind what you want to say to lessen the shock for them.
Thanks for that advice , I think you are right - sooner rather than later

Ramadhan
01-03-2012, 12:50 PM

Alhamdulillaah...

This news bring me close to tears.
May Allah SWT always keep you on the straight and guided path, and give you the best in this world and hereafter. ameen.

I know you may still have reservations about some aspects (which the rest of us may also do), and yet you decide to submit yourself to God. Insha Allah all of us here will meet again in jannah. ameen.

YusufNoor
01-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks for that advice , I think you are right - sooner rather than later

Allahu Akbar!

Alhamdulillah that Allah has chosen you for this beautiful Din. May He guide you and make it easy on you and us as well! Ameen!

i just noticed your location, are you Irish? are your parents Irish Roman Catholic? if so, telling them could be difficult. Irish Roman Catholics were persecuted for their faith since England under Henry VIII broke with the Papacy. if they are "religious", this could be complicated. if they are protestant, an intellectual approach might work whereas if Catholicism is bound up in so much "paganism" that logic might not be the best approach.

i am fortunate that my Irish Roman Catholic mom lives in New England in the US, via Canada, and so was really appalled at the child abuse scandals. she has more faith in her "faith" than she does in the "Church". add the fact that everyone thought i was Jewish before and she never said "boo" about my reversion. because she is distraught over her "Church" and doesn't understand how priests could be so vile, she is often amazed when i explain Islamic concepts to her. Islam makes sense but Catholicism is wrapped up in "Mystery".

check the links i posted in serena's conversion thread. there is alot of audio in it, Brothers Menk and Shala explain things in ways that non-Muslims can understand. they have been invaluable to me in relating Islam to others. Menk is a Mufti with a Hanafi backgound, but teaches in Shafa'i regions of Africa, while Dr Shala lives smack dab in the "Bible-belt" of the US; both teach in areas where the ruling class is non-Muslim, so both are adept in using common sense and an unoffensive character in their presentations. both frequently speak about pride and arrogance as the cause for iblees' rebellion and therefore caution against it. i find this an amazing similarity to the "Jesus" of the Bible and so Westerners seem to relate this aspect of Islam and are hard pressed to disagree with it.

Welcome home, Sister!

Abdul-Raouf
01-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Alhamdulillah... MashaAllah.. may ALLAH guide you through the right path always.

He has ordained for you of religion what He enjoined upon Noah and that which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what We enjoined upon Abraham and Moses and Jesus - to establish the religion and not be divided therein. Difficult for those who associate others with Allah is that to which you invite them. Allah chooses for Himself whom He wills and guides to Himself whoever turns back [to Him].

Al-Quran 42:13

Innocent Soul
01-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Subhanallah! Allah guided you! :statisfie You will get many more good advices from our reverts. Anyways nice username :D.

Indeed, Allah loves those who are constantly repentant and loves those who purify themselves. [2:222]

"Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him.
And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."
— Ibn al-Qayyim

~ Sabr ~
01-03-2012, 03:40 PM
:salamext: welcome to Islam!

All your past sins have been washed away and you are like a new born baby!

SubhanAllaah! (Glory be to Allah)

Welcome home sister.

syed_z
01-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar !

~Zaria~
01-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Wa-alaikumosalam sister

Alhamdulillah!....For truly, it is only with Allahs mercy that hearts find their way to their Creator.

Sister, you are truly blessed, SubhanAllah.

To find the true deen in this crazy world, with Shaytaan our biggest enemy - challenging us with every turn that we take - there is nothing more heart-warming than this :)

May Allah make this road you travel easy and filled with abundant reward, insha Allah.

Remember sis, there may/ will be trials up ahead - eg. when u break the news to your family (insha Allah, not).
But dont ever lose sight of the goal - Al Aakhirah and the meeting of your Rabb.

And remember too, the trials and tribulations faced by our Nabi (sallalahu alaihi wasalam), as well as all the prophets (peace be upon them) before him....
Our tests can not even compare, when you think of such.

And truly Allah will never try you with a burden more than you can bear.

SubhanAllah!

Welcome back to the ummah of our beloved Mohammed (sallahu alaihi wasalam) dear sis!

:muslimah:

Crystal
01-03-2012, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
are your parents Irish Roman Catholic? if so, telling them could be difficult.
Yes they are but I am not worried about telling them because of religious reasons, as they themselves are not religious. Rather I do know how Islam is portrayed in the media so I don't want them to think I am interested in some sort of crazy stuff but hopefully I can correct these prejudices. They have known for a while now that I am not interested in Christianity so I guess that will make it easier to tell although it is my father who is more traditional so I doubt he will be welcoming of it - I am going to tell them tomorrow.

- Qatada -
01-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Asalaamu alaykum Crystal.

I've heard that some people say a better technique is to become an even better person to your family.

So they realise a gradual change in you and then they might ask you, "how come you're a better person?"

Then you can tell them that "God told me to", or something like that.

Then they might ask, what do u mean? You can then just grin about it and carry on without being too specific.

Then when you get even more loved by them, and they like your new personality even more.. they might ask you; "go on, tell us really, why are u so different now?"

Then you can tell them something like; "Okay, i'll be honest with you, i've been learning about Islam and God tells us to be good to our family".

Then they'll have to be open minded to what u say because they themselves asked why you've changed for the better. And then this is when your dawah [inviting to Islam] has a stronger impact. And then u pray to Allah to guide them too.

Just my advice.

Predator
01-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Subhanna Allah ,May Allah guide you, make things easy for you, and keep you steadfast, and give you the best of this world and the hereafter, ameen.

marwen
01-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Yes they are but I am not worried about telling them because of religious reasons, as they themselves are not religious. Rather I do know how Islam is portrayed in the media so I don't want them to think I am interested in some sort of crazy stuff but hopefully I can correct these prejudices. They have known for a while now that I am not interested in Christianity so I guess that will make it easier to tell although it is my father who is more traditional so I doubt he will be welcoming of it - I am going to tell them tomorrow.
Fear nothing my sister. Do not fear the reaction of people around you. Show them the best of your character, and show them that Islam made you strong and kind. Show them that you have a point and a meaning of your life. Others have nothing in their side, but you have all in your side : you have Allah to help you, the owner of this whole world and the only One who controls anything in this universe. Allah is able to change their hearts so they accept you and love you.
Put your trust in Allah, go ahead and face them with truth, be brave, and let Allah take care of the rest.

MustafaMc
01-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Rather I do know how Islam is portrayed in the media so I don't want them to think I am interested in some sort of crazy stuff but hopefully I can correct these prejudices.
You hit upon a key point and that is the association of Muslims with terrorism in the media and in most people's minds. In June 2001 I told myself that one day I will die and have to stand before Allah to give an account for my life where I could not use the excuse that someone blew himself up along with innocent people in the name of Islam as the reason why I did not worship my Creator in the manner He prescribed for us. I had gone 15 years prior to this with only very occassionally praying. We should go ahead and worship Allah despite what the media says and despite what people think about Muslims being terrorists.

Riana17
01-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Subhanallah!!! Allahu Akbar!!!
I feel my heart is so frozen right now, I was in tears 3pm today hearing good news from the Teenage brother (AllahisGreatest)

And now you dear Sister!!! my body is shaking learning that you got the BEST gift on earth! alhamdollellah you are one of the chosen, we all had hopes on you, you are so logic, witty and open minded mashallah

Allahu Akbar, may Allah (swt) the Creator of the world love you, grant you peace, happiness, good health and strong Imaan (knowledge&faith). Amen
May Allah make it easy for your parents and relatives to accept your conversion and soon enough they also accept this beautiful way of life. Amen

Everyone has special request to you now and me too if you dont mind sis...
since Allah will listen to your prayers inshallah. Pls pray for my mother, may Allah have mercy on her and guide her to the right path.Amen

PS How did I actually misseeed this thread????

alhamdulilaah
01-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Wa alaikum as salam,

to Islam,

May Allah give you His love, and love of those who love Him, and deed that would get His love, ameen.

Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism)
and he is a Muhsin (good-doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allah's sake only without any show off or to gain praise or fame,
etc., and in accordance with the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger Muhammad Peace be upon him ) then his reward is with his Lord (Allah),
on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow) Ayah 112

And who can be better in religion than one who submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism);
and he is a Muhsin (a good-doer - see V.2:112). And follows the religion of
Ibrahim (Abraham) Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone). Surah An-Nisa' (The Women) surah no.4 :ayah 125

And whoever submits his face to Allah while he is a doer of good - then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold.
And to Allah will be the outcome of [all] matters.Surat Luqmān 31 ayah 22

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path.
Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold
that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow), Ayah 256

YusufNoor
01-19-2012, 04:07 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

here are some lectures that should be of great benefit to you, in sha'a Allah. Mufti Menk is an awesome speaker, his Qur'aan recitation is phenomenal and his English is perfect and his delivery style is very dynamic and charismatic.

From the Ramadaan 1432 / 2011 after taraweeh lectures delivered at Majid Zeenatul Islam in Cape Town - South Africa.

The theme of these lectures is: Stories Of The Prophets (Qasas Ul Ambiya)

Mufti Menk has based these lectures on the prophets (peace be upon them) that appear in the Qur'aan and spoken at length about them.
This is a much needed and basic resource for anyone wanting to know more about the lives of the prophets and the challenges that they faced and the messages they had for mankind. In particular, the oneness of the Almighty Creator - Allah - being central.

The lectures are delivered in Mufti Menks eloquent sytle of being simple to understand. They are dynamic, clear and to the point. All references given by Mufti Menk are from Qur’aan and authentic ahadith.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...E&feature=plcp

Crystal
01-23-2012, 11:55 PM
As Salaam Alaykum
I just wanted to let you all know that your kind words have been of great comfort to me recently and although I do not know any of you I do feel connected to you all due to Islam. I told my parents and well they reacted as expected - not exactly happy but they didn't kill me lol.

I am content with my life right now :)

Aprender
01-24-2012, 02:00 AM
I just wanted to let you all know that your kind words have been of great comfort to me recently and although I do not know any of you I do feel connected to you all due to Islam. I told my parents and well they reacted as expected - not exactly happy but they didn't kill me lol.

I am content with my life right now
Alhamdullilah!

Welcome to Islam my dear sister. May Allah bless you and fill your precious heart with continuous love and His remembrance. May He, the Most Exalted, keep you on the straight path and grant you the highest level of Jannah. Ameen

If you ever need to talk to anyone about anything and how you're coping with everything, feel free to send me a PM sister. Sometimes it can get a little lonely out there being the new and only Muslim in the house. That was a big step to tell your parents and I'm happy they did not kill our new dear sister. ^_^ Allahu Akbar!

May Allah protect us and have mercy on us all. Ameeeen

MustafaMc
01-24-2012, 02:01 AM
As Salaam Alaykum
I just wanted to let you all know that your kind words have been of great comfort to me recently and although I do not know any of you I do feel connected to you all due to Islam.
Wa alaikum assalam. I am glad that we could be helpful to you.
I told my parents and well they reacted as expected - not exactly happy but they didn't kill me lol.
You are a brave sister. I know that took a lot of courage.
I am content with my life right now :)
I am happy for you. To be chosen to be guided to the Light and Truth of Islam is a huge blessing.

serena77
01-24-2012, 02:06 AM
salaams sister crystal
I know how you feel about being contented with your decision.. I'm still fairly newly reverted and i am blessed too... unlike you ... i could not tell my parents ( difficult since i live w/ them.. ) but that aside.. I made the best decision for me, as i know you did for you too.
Serena

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!