/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quraan Verse 31:6

Huzzy_786
01-04-2012, 06:04 PM
:sl:

Well... Basically someone on facebook posted the following

"But there are among men those who sell idle "hadith" to mislead people from the Path of God and to ridicule. For such men there will be a humiliating penalty". (Sura 31:6).

I checked the transalation of this verse and found that the orginal meaning was

"
And of the people is he who buys the amusement of speech to mislead [others] from the way of Allah without knowledge and who takes it in ridicule. Those will have a humiliating punishment."

Could someone care to please give me some tafseer of this ayat? Because I think the first one was said by a quraanist..

Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayesha.ansari
01-12-2012, 05:19 AM
It is better to post picture of this verse because i am confuse about soorah and verse number. I have found soorah luqman 31ist soorah and its verse number 6, as far my understanding its meaning is different.

The meaning of verse 6 is "And when Our revelations are recited unto him he turneth away in his pride as if he heard them not, as if there were a deafness in his ears. So give him tidings of a painful doom".

Sothis Girl
01-29-2012, 03:47 PM
"hadith" here is not referring to Prophetic hadith or Sunnah. please see, that "hadith" in Arabic basically meant "words of saying" and the verse refers it to something spoken by disbelievers or munafiqqun to mislead people. When hadith is spoken by Prophet, it meant "sunnah". The hadith in here DOESN'T have anything to do with prophetic sunnah.

In Abdullah Jusuf Ali's tafsir :

"but there are among men who purchase idle tales without knowledge to mislead (people) from path of Allah and throw ridicule (of His religion) : for such there will be humiliating penalty"

Perseveranze
01-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

The most prominent scholar, Ibn ‘Abbaas, may Allaah be pleased with
him, said that amusement of speech refers to singing. Mujaahid, may
Allaah have mercy upon him, said that it means beating the drums.
[Tafseer At-Tabari] Al-Hasan Al-Basri, my Allaah have mercy upon
him, said, "This verse was revealed concerning singing and musical
instruments." [Tafseer Ibn Katheer]

Ibn Al-Qayyim, may Allaah have mercy upon him, said,

"The interpretation given by the Companions and the Taabi‘oon (the
second and third generation following the Companions) for
amusement of speech that it refers to singing is sufficient. This was
authentically reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas and Ibn Mas‘ood. Abu As-
Sahbaa’ said, “I asked Ibn Mas‘ood about the verse, which reads:
{And of the people is he who buys the amusement of speech…}, he
said: 'By Allaah Who is only Worthy of worship, it is singing.' He
repeated it three times. Ibn ‘Umar, may Allaah be pleased with him,
was authentically reported to have said that it is singing."

The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said:

"From among my followers there will be some people who
will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk
(for men), the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of
musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people
who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening
their shepherd will come to them with their sheep, and when a
poor person comes and asks them for something (as charity),
they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allaah will
destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall
on them, and He will transform others into monkeys and pigs
and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." [Al-
Bukhaari 5590, At-Tabaraani, and Al-Bayhaqi (See Al-
Albaani's As-Silsilah As-Saheehah, 91)]

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/engblue...0Ramadhaan.pdf
http://searching-islam.com

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abjad
05-03-2012, 02:53 PM
(31:verse 6 to verse 9)

There are some human beings *5 who purchase an enchanting diversion *6 in order to lead people away from the way of Allah without having any knowledge, *7 who hold the call to the Way of Allah to ridicule. *8 A humiliating chastisement awaits them. *9 When Our verses are recited to such a person, he arrogantly turns away, as though he had not heard them, or as though there was a deafness in his ears. So announce to him the tidings of a grievous chastisement. Surely those who believe and do good deeds shall have Gardens of Bliss. *10They shall abide in them forever. This is Allah’s promise that shall come true. He is the Most Powerful, the Most Wise. *11

asalaam aleykum;

the only verse you quoted
with little thinking we shuld ask ourselves
who are these people 'the by gone' ?
if yes then why this verse still remain in KITAB?

am awaiting yr response so we can share knowledge not merely copy and Paste.

shukran

Insaanah
05-07-2012, 11:13 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
"But there are among men those who sell idle "hadith" to mislead people from the Path of God and to ridicule. For such men there will be a humiliating penalty". (Sura 31:6).

I checked the transalation of this verse and found that the orginal meaning was

"And of the people is he who buys the amusement of speech to mislead [others] from the way of Allah without knowledge and who takes it in ridicule. Those will have a humiliating punishment."

Could someone care to please give me some tafseer of this ayat? Because I think the first one was said by a quraanist..
The above illustrates what happens when you make your own translation of the Qur'an without fully understanding the depth of the language, and how the same word can have different meanings depending on the context.

The term hadeeth has been used in both the Qur’aan and the prophetic traditions according to all of its linguistic meanings. The following three categories are the most notable usages. It has been used to mean:

1) The Qur'an itself (68:44)
2) A historical story (20:9)
3) A general conversation (66:3)

However, if hadeeth rejectors wish to take the word hadeeth in 31:6 to literally mean the hadeeth that the sunnah is recorded in, then presumably they take it to have that meaning wherever the word occurs. This would give the following translation:

فَذَرْنِى وَمَن يُكَذِّبُ بِهَـذَا الْحَدِيثِ سَنَسْتَدْرِجُهُمْ مِّنْ حَيْثُ لاَ يَعْلَمُونَ

Then leave Me alone with those who reject this Hadeeth: by degrees We shall punish them from directions they perceive not. (68:44)

.....مَا كَانَ حَدِيثًا يُفْتَرَى .....

..It is no invented Hadeeth.. (12:111, part)

I wonder how they would explain that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!