/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm Not a Happy Muslim?

falls
01-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Salam brother and sisters.

I want to make this short..

almost 2 years since i started to practice my religion (islam) im 20 soon 21 years old. Since then i have been feeling like a robot, i just pray without intention(i think), and i dont read so much about islam as i should.. And i feel im not happy to being a muslim :/ like im ashamed of it or myself.. I really dont want to be in this state and i know Allah Swt knows it, ive tried praying tahajjud half an hour~ before fajr constantly maybe if i make duaa after every tahajjud and after pray fajr, maybe allah will make me a happy muslim and better my intention and ikhlaas.. But screw it up after 2 nights of tajjahud i dont wake up anymore -.- .. im kinda a depressed. no khushoo in prayer..

I want to change but my naffs dont want to read about islam, sometimes im lazy to get up to pray.. i know i will get punished by Allah.. i want to change. I want to be happy muslim, invite others to the deen, i want to read so so much about islam and other things, but feel depressed and i have so much time i dont use it.

Is it good to wake up and make tahajjud before fajr every night?? maybe it will change me, if i dont give up and work hard to pray tahajjud and fajr..?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
01-05-2012, 01:06 PM
:salamext:

Bro falls, do you know arabic and the meaning of what you recite in tahajjud? :)

If not, I recommend you read this; http://www.linguisticmiracle.com/meaningful_prayer

Try understanding the Arabic language and you will feel joy because through learning something new, you will get a new outlook on your connection with Allah.

~ Sabr ~
01-05-2012, 01:16 PM
:salamext:

I want to change but my naffs dont want to read about islam
Is this your nafs or just you being lazy?

If you really have a passion for Islam, you will get up and do that thing. Just as lots of us have passion for money - we get up and reach work on time, because if we don't we will not get the money.

I want to be happy muslim, invite others to the deen, i want to read so so much about islam and other things, but feel depressed and i have so much time i dont use it.
Have you ever been religious? Have you had a religious upbringing? Do you know the meaning of what you are reading in prayer? Have you read the Qur'an with meaning?

Is it good to wake up and make tahajjud before fajr every night??
To pray Tahajjud is good, but to pray the obligatory prayers first is even better.

maybe it will change me, if i dont give up and work hard to pray tahajjud and fajr..?
What about the obligatory prayers?

Brother you need to think about what you want and how bad you want it - and this advice goes to myself firstmost - if you want something really bad, then you will put out everything you have in order to obtain it.

Let me give you an example.

Let's say you really like a car/pair of trainers, etc. - you will try your best to get that amount of money so you can buy them: it's the same with the Hereafter. If you ave a burning desire, then you will try your best to attain Jannah by working hard in this life.

May Allah make it easy for us all, Ameen.

ILuvAllah
yes brother, pray tahajjud and say to Allah in your prostration to save you from the tricks of shaytan and increase the level of your Imaan, increase your concentration power and will force to learn Islam. say it from your heart how desperately you want it, cry to Him. Also try to do a fast on mondays and thursdays. Make this same dua to Allah right before you break your fast because the dua of a fasting person never go unanswered specially when the dua is made few minutes before iftaar time. Keep doing this and have patience, Allah will definitely help you InshAllah :)

Assalamualaikum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed1
format_quote Originally Posted by falls
Is it good to wake up and make tahajjud before fajr every night
Sure, it would not hurt to do this. But try to make your prayer sincere. I too sometimes worry about how sincere my prayer is since I don't understand arabic but for example, i do know the meaning of Surah fatiah so when I am reciciting it I know some what what I am saying and I also know some other words or surahs and what they mean from having read the translation so I try to remind my self of the meaning when I am praying to make it more valuable.

Also, I intend to learn Arabic which I believe every muslim should yearn to do so they can understand the quran. keep in mind I am around your age (will be 21 in summer).

Just remember that although you are here stating that you feel like a robot etc, I bet there are some external factors which are making you feel this way, Salat should not feel like a chore, Allah SWT doesn't NEED you to bow down to him 5 times a day. You need to change your point of view, the way you are looking through at the world.

Finally, you should make sincere prayer and ask Allah to remove any anxiety or depression that you may have. Please watch the following videos an hopefully they will change your perception.

(personally brother, what keeps me going on a day to day basis, although I may not be rich, have a good job, be top in my university, or have all the adornments of this life, I thank Allah for all that he has provided me and mostly what really keeps me going is realizing that this is your "temporary abode" we wont be on earth for ever. may be 60,70 80 90 some odd years? A small price to pay for a life of eternity don't you think? Drill that in your head brother, and I swear to you if you don't wake up every morning wanting to bow down to you lord there is something wrong.

Anyways, hope u feel better, watch the following vids:

Allah (swt) does not like people who are depressed or pessimistic.

Misery is optional

ILuvAllah
01-05-2012, 01:18 PM
If you find it hard to do both then just do the 2 days fasting weekly.

ILuvAllah
01-05-2012, 01:21 PM
oh yes sis Umm Ahlam is right, nothing would work if you ignore the obligatory prayers.

syilla
01-06-2012, 01:23 AM
:sl:

Do you have friends? you should have muslim friends and have a mentor or teacher and to have a better social life.

Tyrion
01-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Don't overdo things. If you're not at the level to do extra prayers and whatnot, don't force yourself because then you run the risk of becoming overwhelmed. Also, maybe you should find some kind of hobby or activity to do in your free time for fun?

Eric H
01-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Greetings and peace be with you falls, and welcome to the forum, I hope you will feel encouraged by the brothers and sisters here.
I want to change but my naffs dont want to read about islam,
You are reaching an age when there are so many temptations in life, and it will be incredibly difficult for you to keep reading Islam. The reason being, Islam will keep reminding you of all the things you should and should not do, but deep down you might want to succumb to these temptations, like other people around you.

Never give up hope that Allah wants you to succeed, never give up hope that Allah can overlook your sins as long as you repent and persevere. Sadly it takes us until the age of seventy to learn the meaning of the word perseverance.

In the spirit of never giving up hope.

Eric

falls
01-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Salam

i pray 5 times a day yes and i have pious friends but they dont live near me, like 20 minutes from here.. And yes syed1 sometimes it feels i dont want to wake up fajr, but sometimes i want..

What should i do? I just want to work for Allah.. but i dont do nothing.. I am more depressed than happy and i am not hungry for seeking knowledge or to please Allah.. I want to build up that, be happy and seek much knowledge

~ Sabr ~
01-06-2012, 09:50 AM
^ Have you bothered to read through our advice, or are you just whinging? It's not that hard, you need to pull your socks up once in a while!

syilla
01-06-2012, 11:21 AM
salams akhi then i'm thinking you may have introverts personality you think you are not happy and feel down but actually all you need is a little of rest and a holiday. Perhaps travel to a beautiful place, beaches, cycling or anything that can relax you. Just let your mind rest and don't think too much.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ntroverts-make

http://giftedkids.about.com/od/socia...introverts.htm

falls
01-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Umm Ahlam, i was in a hurry for friday prayer so i wrote fast.. I can tell you that it feels like i dont have a passion for either Islam nor any dunya related as football etc.. Still have a passion for girls/sisters maybe i try so much lower my gaze.

And thank you syilla! ill look up unto those links

falls
01-06-2012, 01:57 PM
cant edit my post above ^

Syilla thanks for the links exactly what i needed..

syilla
01-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Alhamdulillah i hope everything is well for you. Sometimes too much of things happening made us drained. You just need a rest from everything and stay cool. InshaAllah you will be in our dua :)

falls
01-07-2012, 05:11 AM
syilla what do you suggest for me? i cant send you PM i need to make 50 posts first..

syilla
01-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Do you like outings like going to the park, beaches or outdoor activity ? if not spending quality time with family is good for you too :)

nabeel776
01-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Salaam Brother, I pray that Allah provide you khushoo in your prayers. Brother when you pray your salah, pray with conviction, make a point to pay attention to each word your recite (focus on meaning). Even repeat an ayah if you feel that you recited without paying attention. Make special Dua during sujjood, make long sujjood especially during tahajjud. Allah ask His servants in Quran to wake up at night and pray (Tahajjud), so yes if possible, do adopt this salah. InshaAllah, Allah will help you attain the highted level of imaan.

Flame of Hope
01-19-2012, 06:09 PM

almost 2 years since i started to practice my religion (islam) im 20 soon 21 years old. Since then i have been feeling like a robot
You can thank the Shaytan for that.

ive tried praying tahajjud half an hour~ before fajr constantly maybe if i make duaa after every tahajjud and after pray fajr, maybe allah will make me a happy muslim and better my intention and ikhlaas.. But screw it up after 2 nights of tajjahud i dont wake up anymore -.- .. im kinda a depressed. no khushoo in prayer..

I'm not surprised you feel that way. Shaytan convinces people they have to adopt difficult ways to please Allah. The truth is, Allah is pleased with simple things. The most beloved deed in the eyes of Allah is the deed that is done consistently... no matter how SMALL. So think about what is EASY for you to do and what you can do consistently.

I want to change but my naffs dont want to read about islam
Alhamdulillah! Be glad that you have at least the desire to change. As long as you have that, you're good. You can't do anything about your nafs. You will have to struggle AGAINST it for the rest of your life, till death. There is no getting around that.

sometimes im lazy to get up to pray.. i know i will get punished by Allah.

You must get out of this mindset. This is a trick of the Shaytan. Whenever you feel that way, remember the verse in the Qur'an.... "Despair not of the mercy of Allah... He forgives ALL sins." No Muslim should give in to despair and think that Allah WILL punish him. That's because the Doors of Repentance are always open....... A man can repent of ANY sin, even shirk.... and he will be forgiven.

I want to be happy muslim, invite others to the deen, i want to read so so much about islam and other things, but feel depressed and i have so much time i dont use it.

Before you can invite others to the deen, you have to reach the station that is described in three verses in the Qur'an as:

Enjoin you Al-Birr (piety and righteousness and each and every act of obedience to Allâh) on the people and you forget (to practise it) yourselves.”(Baqarah 2:44)

O you who believe! Why do you say that which you do not do? Most hateful it is with Allâh that you say that which you do not do. (As-Saff 61:2-3)

“I wish not, in contradiction to you, to do that which I forbid you.” (Hud 11:88)

As for having time and not making use of it, I believe I know the reason why. It is possible that Shaytan has overwhelmed you with too much. When a plate that is overloaded with food is placed before a person, it can cause a person to lose his appetite. If you were to go to work at a office and the boss gave you a mountain load of papers to sort through and file away, guess what? You won't feel like doing anything at all. You would get paralyzed just thinking of the enormous work in front of you.

So start off small, brother. Think of a plate that has just a few things on it. Things that you like to eat. You would gobble that up in no time, right?

Think of going to work and your boss gives you a small pile of papers for you to sort through and file away. You would get that done in a jiffy, right? You wouldn't feel immobilized.

So focus on the little things and focus on what is more important. On your plate, just put in there only the five obligatory prayers.

For there is none better than Allah to help and guide you.

Who Am I?
01-19-2012, 07:21 PM

This could have been me who made this post, because a lot of these issues are things that I struggle with as well. I quit Islam for a few months, but I am slowly making my way back. I'm trying to take my time, and not go too fast, and I am trying not to listen to those voices that tell me that I should do more, and that I'm not doing well enough, etc.

Hamza Asadullah
01-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Salam brother and sisters.

I want to make this short..

almost 2 years since i started to practice my religion (islam) im 20 soon 21 years old. Since then i have been feeling like a robot, i just pray without intention(i think), and i dont read so much about islam as i should.. And i feel im not happy to being a muslim :/ like im ashamed of it or myself.. I really dont want to be in this state and i know Allah Swt knows it, ive tried praying tahajjud half an hour~ before fajr constantly maybe if i make duaa after every tahajjud and after pray fajr, maybe allah will make me a happy muslim and better my intention and ikhlaas.. But screw it up after 2 nights of tajjahud i dont wake up anymore -.- .. im kinda a depressed. no khushoo in prayer..

I want to change but my naffs dont want to read about islam, sometimes im lazy to get up to pray.. i know i will get punished by Allah.. i want to change. I want to be happy muslim, invite others to the deen, i want to read so so much about islam and other things, but feel depressed and i have so much time i dont use it.

Is it good to wake up and make tahajjud before fajr every night?? maybe it will change me, if i dont give up and work hard to pray tahajjud and fajr..?

No Muslim should ever be content or satisfied with the amount of worship they are doing. It is because we should always be pushing ourselves to do more. The moment we feel satisfied with our worship is the moment we should realise something is seriously wrong. This life is about struggling, striving and continuous self development and self improvement. There should never be a moment in our lives where we should feel content with our state. So my brother know that it is a good sign that you are feeling this way and as Muslims we should be humble.

We only enter Jannah by the mercy of Allah

On the day of judgement a man will face Allah confident. He will say to Allah that i worshipped you all my life, fasted, obeyed your commandments and done extra voluntary worship etc. He will feel so confident that Allah will grant him Jannah. But Allah will tell him to go towards Jahannam. He will be in utter shock. Whilst he is walking towards Jahannam Allah will call him back and then say to him that it is not your deeds alone that will enable you to enter Paradise or be saved from Jahannam but it is with my mercy that you will enter Paradise or be saved from Jahannam".

So know that it is from the mercy of Allah that we will be able to enter Jannah. So it is his mery that we should try and attain through our actions, intentions and sincerety. It is about quality not just quantity. Therefore we should concentrate on having big intentions and being as sincere as possible and then even little deeds will be big in Allah's eyes. It is also about consistency. The most beloved deeds to Allah are those done most often even though they may be small. So do many good actions as often as possible for those are the most beloved to Allah.

Fard Obligations

The main thing that all Muslims should concentrate on is fulfilling our fard obligations unto Allah. The Prophet (May Allah bless him and grant him peace) has guided us. And Allah, the Glorified and the Exalted, has guided us how to draw near to Him. As He said According to Hadith Qudsi:

“Whoever draws near to Me among those drawn near by fulfilling what I have made obligatory on them….

You do not draw near to Allah except by fulfilling the obligatory duties which Allah has made obligatory on you; (that is) the obligatory duties from the obligatory duties (Faraid) such as Prayers, and Zakat (obligatory charity), and Hajj, and Fasting and being good to Parents and all these obligatory duties on you draw you near to Allah, the Glorified and the Exalted.

The faraid (obligatory duties) are the first things that draw you near to Allah. You do not reach the door of nearness nor do you reach to the presence of nearness except by fulfilling the obligatory duties. This is the first thing that draws you near to Allah, the Glorified and the Exalted, and you are in His Presence.

So the first thing we need to do is fulfil ALL of our obligatory duties and abstain from that which Allah and his messenger have forbidden us from.

Intentions

We should purify & correct our intentions before doing any acts of worship because we may have other underlying intentions in our hearts without even realizing it. Like for e.g. worshipping to show off in front of others etc.

So before doing any good deed we must ensure our intentions are ONLY to please Allah. Having the right intentions will increase the sincerity in our worship and enable us to earn greater rewards for every good deed we do, even if it is a little good deed.

Ibn Al-Mubaarak said: "Maybe a small action is made great by its intention, and maybe a great action is made small by its intention."

Daily routines like eating, drinking, sleeping, traveling etc can be a source of great reward by having the right intentions. Having good Intentions is easy & great rewards can be gained without making any hard physical effort. By just spending a couple of seconds having the right intention in our hearts we can turn a whole day to a day of worship. Like turning dust into gold.

Sincerety (Ikhlas)

How much reward we get for our good deeds or whether we get any reward at all, depends on the level of sincerety (Ikhlas) we have whilst doing good deeds. The more sincere we are the more we will be rewarded. The less sincerity we have the less we will be rewarded, if at all.

Therefore it is crucial that we do our utmost do be as sincere as possible when doing good actions. We must ONLY do every action for the pleasure of Allah and try our best never to reveal what good we have done to anyone else. The best good deeds are those that are hidden from others.

So let us be sincere as posible whilst doing good deeds and hide them from others as much as possible.

Regarding having more khushu in Salaah to avoid reading it like a robot then the following thread will help inshallah:

Why Can't I concentrate in my Salaah?

Keeping good company and maintaining close connection with the Masjid

It is extremely important to keep good pious company. It is better to be alone than to have bad friends. Bad friends are like poison for us in this world and they will also be against us on the day of judgement. So steer well clear of bad friends and stick to good company. You will find good company in the Masjid so keep a close connection with the Masjid as your imaan wil be safer that way and it is the house of Allah anbd the most beloved places to Allah is the Masjid. The worst places are the market places which are the places of shaythan.

Knowledge

Also knowledge is extremely important especially in increasing imaan. Learn Arabic as you are still young and it is easier to learn the younger you are. There is nothing better than reciting the Qur'an and knowing the deeper meanings of the verses. So strive to learn the original language of the Qur'an. Also start hifdh. There is only good in making intention to learn and memorize the Qur'an, even one ayah a day. Join Islamic courses online or even better in your local Masjid or area. Try to sit with learned people and take from their knowledge and wisdom.

Read and listen to lectures as much as you can about the death and hereafter. Read and learn about the life and seerah of our beloved Rasul (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). Read and learn about the lives and stories of the companions. Most of all read and learn good tafseer and commentaries of the Qur'an and ponder and contemplate over the words of Allah. Keep thinking about death and realising you can die any second.Keep picturing yourself in the grave and in the terrible day of judgement. That will keep you motivated. Realise the importance of time and how short our time is ni this world.

Strive as much as you can to do everything to please Allah and refrain from anything which angers and displeases him. Know that you can never achieve perfection so keep pushing yourself and keep trying your best, that is the main thing. But do not overhwhelm yourself. Take things easy. Do what you can within your capacity. As soon as you overwhelm yourself then you will go backwards. So concentrate on doing quality good deeds with big intentions and sincerety. Do everything ONLY to please Allah. If you can worship Allah in the latter part of the night at Tahajjud then definately do so as there is NO voluntary action greater than Tahajjud in which we can achieve closeness to Allah and high ranks of Jannah.

Worship

This thread will help you to increase your daily worship. Build up slowly at your own pace and remember never to burden yourself with more than you can bare for this goes against the purpose of doing good deeds. So do what you can and build up at a steady pace. Ask of Allah to enable you to do more for his pleasure. Remember to make as many good intentions as possible for very good deed and be as sincere as possible ONLY doing it for the pleasure of Allah:

Daily Muslim Worship Plan

I hope the following threads will help you inshallah:

30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives!

How much we will regret the precious seconds we wasted in this world!

10 steps to getting closer to Allah

5 Ways to soften the heart to weep to Allah

VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday!

Easy Dhikr which is light on the tongue but heavy on the scales!

6 Virtues of praying at the Masjid

30 ways to Gain the Top Ranks of Jannah

How we can get through hardships and trials in our lives

Flame of Hope
01-19-2012, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Fard Obligations

The main thing that all Muslims should concentrate on is fulfilling our fard obligations unto Allah. The Prophet (May Allah bless him and grant him peace) has guided us. And Allah, the Glorified and the Exalted, has guided us how to draw near to Him. As He said According to Hadith Qudsi:

“Whoever draws near to Me among those drawn near by fulfilling what I have made obligatory on them….

You do not draw near to Allah except by fulfilling the obligatory duties which Allah has made obligatory on you; (that is) the obligatory duties from the obligatory duties (Faraid) such as Prayers, and Zakat (obligatory charity), and Hajj, and Fasting and being good to Parents and all these obligatory duties on you draw you near to Allah, the Glorified and the Exalted.

Jazakallah khair for posting this part regarding obligations that every Muslim must fulfill.

The main obligations are:

1. To establish salat and perform the five daily prayers.... (2nd pillar of Islam)

2. To give Zakat (3rd pillar of Islam)

3. To fast in the month of Ramadan (4th pillar of Islam)

4. To go for Hajj (5th pillar of Islam)

Also, a point to be noted is that not everyone can fulfill all the 4 pillars of Islam mentioned above. The condition is if you are ABLE.

(The ONLY pillar that CAN be fulfilled regardless of situation or circumstances, is the first pillar, the kalima or shahada.)

For example, a young girl who lives with her non-Muslim family, surrounded by Hindus who are hostile to Islam is not ABLE to establish the salat. One cannot expect her to do her five daily prayers in such circumstances.

A poor man who has barely enough for his needs is not able to give zakat. Allah does not expect him to pay zakat. Zakat is given IF you have surplus.

A person who is sick or traveling is not expected to fast.

And it's common knowledge that not everyone can go for Hajj.

The Prophet (saws) told us to do as much as we are ABLE to do. And not to worry about things we cannot do.

--------------------

Narrated Abu Huraira:
I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The good deeds of any person will not make him enter Paradise." (i.e., None can enter Paradise through his good deeds.) They (the Prophet's companions) said, "Not even you, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "Not even myself, unless Allah bestows His favor and mercy on me." So be moderate in your religious deeds and do the deeds that are within your ability: and none of you should wish for death, for if he is a good doer, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an evil doer, he may repent to Allah." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 70, Number 577)

Narrated Aisha:
The Prophet said, "Do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately, and receive good news because one's good deeds will NOT make him enter Paradise." They asked, "Even you, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "Even I, unless and until Allah bestows His pardon and Mercy on me." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 76, Number 474)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!