/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kindness & Compassion

Beardo
01-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Based upon a recent thread about a dislike button and the overall posts I've been perusing on the forum, I've decided to post this thread.

The Noble Qur'an 3:159

And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allah's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affair. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him).

The Noble Qur'an 42:43

And verily, whosoever shows patience and forgives that would truly be from the things recommended by Allah.

The Noble Qur'an 31:17-19

O my son! Aqim-is-Salat (offer prayers perfectly), enjoin (people) for Al- Ma'ruf (Islamic Monotheism and all that is good), and forbid (people) from Al- Munkar (i.e. disbelief in the Oneness of Allah, polytheism of all kinds and all that is evil and bad), and bear with patience whatever befalls you. Verily! These are some of the important commandments ordered by Allah with no exemption.
And turn not your face away from men with pride, nor walk in insolence through the earth. Verily, Allah likes not each arrogant boaster.
And be moderate (or show no insolence) in your walking, and lower your voice. Verily, the harshest of all voices is the voice (braying) of the ass.

Hadith - Muslim & Bukhari

"Allah is not kind to him who is not kind to people."

Hadith - Tirmidhi, Saheeh: Related by Aboo Daawood (no. 4177) and at-Tirmidhee (no. 1877). It was declared authentic by Imaam al-Albaanee in as-Saheehah (no. 417):

"He who does not thank people does not thank Allah."

Hadith - Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi

"Those who are kind and considerate to Allah's creatures, Allah bestows His kindness and affection on them. Show kindness to the creatures on the earth so that Allah may be kind to you."

--------------------

So please - have some compassion despite disagreement. Guidance is in the hands of Allah Ta'ala. Let's be kind to one another. Let's approach each other with respect and acceptance. We do not force our opinions down other people's throats.

Positivity is like knowledge. When it is shared, it's not halved - but DOUBLED! So imagine that. Let's create a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Please. No more pessimism. A dislike button is a sign of weakness and insecurity.

Jazakallahu Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-06-2012, 08:28 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Completely agree!

wa iyaakum, and Jazakallaahu Khaayr for sharing..

Flame of Hope
01-06-2012, 10:10 PM
:sl:

Jazakallah khair Beardo, for reminding us that Islam is the religion of kindness, compassion and mercy.

Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

I think we might be needing this reminder on a frequent basis, seeing how quickly we forget it. :p

Well, that shouldn't be a problem.

We'd simply need to *bump* this thread. ;D

Beardo
01-07-2012, 06:02 AM
Like this?

Bumperz Thumperz :statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
01-07-2012, 06:05 AM
‎"If you see that one of you has slipped, correct him, pray for him and do not help Shaytan against him (by insulting him, etc.)." -Umar (RA)

syilla
01-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Subhanallah akhi the way you are saying as if i'm guilty as charged. The dislike button is not about hating or being cruel to the poster. is about having an opinion on a something that we dislike.Is it wrong to dislike something, or is it wrong to discourage something. For example some posters are giving rude comments...do we allowed this? Are we encouraging it...we do actually.

If we are the kindest person lets show in the postings thats the best.

If you have seen the negative reps very very few missused it. So why not try the dislike button. If the members are matured enough it is very interesting to see the vote.

Ramadhan
01-07-2012, 11:52 AM
I've never given as many likes as I have in this thread :)

GuestFellow
01-07-2012, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
‎"If you see that one of you has slipped, correct him, pray for him and do not help Shaytan against him (by insulting him, etc.)." -Umar (RA)
Salaam,

An excellent reminder. Some members truly get angry when another member does not agree with them (like in the advice section) and forget the purpose of giving helpful advice.

GuestFellow
01-07-2012, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Subhanallah akhi the way you are saying as if i'm guilty as charged. The dislike button is not about hating or being cruel to the poster. is about having an opinion on a something that we dislike.Is it wrong to dislike something, or is it wrong to discourage something. For example some posters are giving rude comments...do we allowed this? Are we encouraging it...we do actually.

If we are the kindest person lets show in the postings thats the best.

If you have seen the negative reps very very few missused it. So why not try the dislike button. If the members are matured enough it is very interesting to see the vote.
Salaam,

In most cases members can work out when another member does not like a particular post.

ILuvAllah
01-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks for this wonderful post brother. I was actually looking for some hadith and Quran verses related to this issue.

JazakAllahkhair

Beardo
01-07-2012, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
The best method is to discuss. Instead of disliking it, discuss it. What if both opinions are correct and one dislikes it because it's against his/her opinion? I can totally picture the dislike button being misused, if not now, then down the line. The dislike button is negativity. That's all it is. One brother or sister in humanity disliking the post of another brother or sister in humanity. Where is the love and compassion? I'm not suggesting we all hold hands and sing Kumbaya. But I am suggesting that we accept everyone's views as THEIR view and leave Allah to guide. He is The Guide.

Do not take it personally. You are guilty of nothing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!