/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jihad's talked by Jesus himself in the Bible (Luc 19.27)

Tasnym
01-09-2012, 06:52 AM
In the Bible (Luc 19.27), Jesus (as) said :
" Bring my enemies here and kill them in front of me "

I can't put the vid ( 2mns) here.
Typing " Un prêtre se tape la honte de sa vie lors d'un débat télévisé " on youtube, in english (with french sustitle for me)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
01-10-2012, 12:16 AM
you'll love this:

:)

cuezed
01-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Jesus did not say that. You got it out of context.

Abz2000
01-10-2012, 12:35 AM
^
it was a parable he gave himself

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
01-10-2012, 01:24 AM

New International Version (©1984)
But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"New Living Translation (©2007)
And as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king--bring them in and execute them right here in front of me.'"
English Standard Version (©2001)
But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
International Standard Version (©2008)
But as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king-bring them here and slaughter them in my presence!'"
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
“However, those my enemies, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them and kill them in front of me.”
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Bring my enemies, who didn't want me to be their king. Kill them in front of me.'"
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
But those my enemies, who would not that I should reign over them, bring here, and slay them before me.
American King James Version
But those my enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring here, and slay them before me.
American Standard Version
But these mine enemies, that would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Douay-Rheims Bible
But as for those my enemies, who would not have me reign over them, bring them hither, and kill them before me.
Darby Bible Translation
Moreover those mine enemies, who would not have me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me.
English Revised Version
Howbeit these mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Webster's Bible Translation
But those my enemies, who would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Weymouth New Testament
But as for those enemies of mine who were unwilling that I should become their king, bring them here, and cut them to pieces in my presence.'"
World English Bible
But bring those enemies of mine who didn't want me to reign over them here, and kill them before me.'"
Young's Literal Translation
but those my enemies, who did not wish me to reign over them, bring hither and slay before me.'

Clarke's Commentary on the BibleThose - enemies - bring hither - the Jews, whom I shall shortly slay by the sword of the Romans.

Gill's Exposition of the Entire BibleBut those mine enemies,.... Meaning particularly the Jews, who were enemies to the person of Christ, and hated and rejected him, as the King Messiah; and rebelled against him, and would not submit to his government; and were enemies to his people, and were exceeding mad against them, and persecuted them; and to his Gospel, and the distinguishing truths of it, and to his ordinances, which they rejected against themselves:
which would not that I should reign over them; see Luke 19:14
bring hither, and slay them before me; which had its accomplishment in the destruction of Jerusalem, when multitudes of them were slain with the sword, both with their own, and with their enemies; and to this the parable has a special respect, and of which Christ more largely discourses in this chapter; see Luke 19:41 though it is true of all natural men, that they are enemies to Christ; and so of all negligent and slothful professors, and ministers of the word, who, when Christ shall come a second time, of which his coming to destroy the Jewish nation was an emblem and pledge, will be punished with everlasting destruction by him; and then all other enemies will be slain and destroyed, sin, Satan, the world, and death: of the first of these the Jews say (n),
"in the time to come the holy, blessed God, will bring forth the evil imagination (or corruption of nature), "and slay it before" the righteous, and the wicked.''
(n) T. Bab. Succa, fol. 52. 1.

Vincent's Word StudiesBut (πλὴν)
Rev., howbeit. However it may be with the unfaithful servant.
Slay (κατασφάξατε)
Only here in New Testament. A strong word: slaughter; cut them down (κατά).

Geneva Study BibleBut those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

People's New Testament19:27 Those my enemies. This portrays the fate, not of church members, but of those who would not have the Lord reign over them. It embraces all the impenitent. Compare Mt 13:49 21:44 25:30:00 2Th 1:8-10.

Wesley's Notes19:27 He went before - The foremost of the company, showing his readiness to suffer.

Scofield Reference NotesMargin triumphal entry
heading "The triumphal entry", See Scofield Note: "Mt 21:4" Also, Mk 11:1-10 Jn 12:12-19/

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary27. bring hither, &c.-(Compare 1Sa 15:32, 33). Referring to the awful destruction of Jerusalem, but pointing to the final destruction of all that are found in open rebellion against Christ.

Link:
http://bible.cc/luke/19-27.htm

Scimi

Scimitar
01-10-2012, 01:24 AM

But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"New Living Translation (©2007)
And as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king--bring them in and execute them right here in front of me.'"
But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”
"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
But as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king-bring them here and slaughter them in my presence!'"
“However, those my enemies, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them and kill them in front of me.”
Bring my enemies, who didn't want me to be their king. Kill them in front of me.'"
But those my enemies, who would not that I should reign over them, bring here, and slay them before me.
But those my enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring here, and slay them before me.
But these mine enemies, that would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Douay-Rheims Bible
But as for those my enemies, who would not have me reign over them, bring them hither, and kill them before me.
Darby Bible Translation
Moreover those mine enemies, who would not have me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me.
English Revised Version
Howbeit these mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
But those my enemies, who would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Weymouth New Testament
But as for those enemies of mine who were unwilling that I should become their king, bring them here, and cut them to pieces in my presence.'"
World English Bible
But bring those enemies of mine who didn't want me to reign over them here, and kill them before me.'"
but those my enemies, who did not wish me to reign over them, bring hither and slay before me.'

Clarke's Commentary on the BibleThose - enemies - bring hither - the Jews, whom I shall shortly slay by the sword of the Romans.

Gill's Exposition of the Entire BibleBut those mine enemies,.... Meaning particularly the Jews, who were enemies to the person of Christ, and hated and rejected him, as the King Messiah; and rebelled against him, and would not submit to his government; and were enemies to his people, and were exceeding mad against them, and persecuted them; and to his Gospel, and the distinguishing truths of it, and to his ordinances, which they rejected against themselves:
which would not that I should reign over them; see Luke 19:14
bring hither, and slay them before me; which had its accomplishment in the destruction of Jerusalem, when multitudes of them were slain with the sword, both with their own, and with their enemies; and to this the parable has a special respect, and of which Christ more largely discourses in this chapter; see Luke 19:41 though it is true of all natural men, that they are enemies to Christ; and so of all negligent and slothful professors, and ministers of the word, who, when Christ shall come a second time, of which his coming to destroy the Jewish nation was an emblem and pledge, will be punished with everlasting destruction by him; and then all other enemies will be slain and destroyed, sin, Satan, the world, and death: of the first of these the Jews say (n),
"in the time to come the holy, blessed God, will bring forth the evil imagination (or corruption of nature), "and slay it before" the righteous, and the wicked.''
(n) T. Bab. Succa, fol. 52. 1.

Vincent's Word StudiesBut (πλὴν)
Rev., howbeit. However it may be with the unfaithful servant.
Slay (κατασφάξατε)
Only here in New Testament. A strong word: slaughter; cut them down (κατά).

Geneva Study BibleBut those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

People's New Testament19:27 Those my enemies. This portrays the fate, not of church members, but of those who would not have the Lord reign over them. It embraces all the impenitent. Compare Mt 13:49 21:44 25:30:00 2Th 1:8-10.

Wesley's Notes19:27 He went before - The foremost of the company, showing his readiness to suffer.

Scofield Reference NotesMargin triumphal entry
heading "The triumphal entry", See Scofield Note: "Mt 21:4" Also, Mk 11:1-10 Jn 12:12-19/

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary27. bring hither, &c.-(Compare 1Sa 15:32, 33). Referring to the awful destruction of Jerusalem, but pointing to the final destruction of all that are found in open rebellion against Christ.

Link:
http://bible.cc/luke/19-27.htm

Scimi

Tasnym
01-10-2012, 05:27 AM
BarakAllah oufik akhi Scimi

Scimitar
01-10-2012, 05:28 AM
You are welcome ukhti :)

Scimi

Eric H
01-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Tasnym; welcome to the forum,
(Luc 19.27), Jesus (as) said :
" Bring my enemies here and kill them in front of me "
Have any of you read the complete passage from Luke 19-11 to Luke 19 -27, and what do you understand its meaning to be?

Blessings and peace be with you all

Eric

Perseveranze
01-10-2012, 07:57 PM

Tasnym
01-11-2012, 06:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Tasnym; welcome to the forum,

Have any of you read the complete passage from Luke 19-11 to Luke 19 -27, and what do you understand its meaning to be?

Blessings and peace be with you all

Eric

Salam,

No, and you know that.
So please, Can you explain me, what' the meaning ?

Thanks.

Eric H
01-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Tasnym;
Salam,

No, and you know that.
So please, Can you explain me, what' the meaning ?

Thanks
I will try and answer your question, but first can I refer you to a passage in the Bible that fits my understanding of ‘Jihad’ as a trial to overcome temptations;

Luke 4
Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness
1 Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 2 where for forty days he was tempted[a] by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry.
3 The devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.”
4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone.’[b]”
5 The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7 If you worship me, it will all be yours.”
8 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’[c]”
9 The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down from here. 10 For it is written:
“‘He will command his angels concerning you
to guard you carefully;
11 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[d]”
12 Jesus answered, “It is said: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[e]”
13 When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.

In the spirit of striving to overcome temptations

Eric

Scimitar
01-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Interesting stuff bro, how does this relate with verse 27? Pardon my ignorance but I am trying to understand. Thanks in advance.

Scimi

Eric H
01-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Scimitar;

Interesting stuff bro, how does this relate with verse 27? Pardon my ignorance but I am trying to understand. Thanks in advance.

Scimi
Sorry it does not explain Luke 19-27,

Tasnym mentioned 'Jihad' in the Bible; I was just trying to give a verse that I felt described Jihad in the Bible.

This is my understanding of Luke 19; 11-27.

When Jesus tells a parable or story, it is often a way of trying to describe in human terms the meaning of heaven and hell.

We are all given gifts from God, and when we use our gifts to do God’s work, we are returning to God what belongs to God. If we use our gifts wisely, we might even encourage others to follow God’s path. On the other hand, if we ignore and hide God’s gifts and choose to follow the ways of the world, then we do nothing to help God’s kingdom to grow.

In the story of Luke 19, 11- 27;
Jesus describes a man of noble birth who is to be made king, the king gives his servants money to do work for the king.

When the king returns, he rewards the servants who have used the king’s money wisely, and gives them more gifts (heaven)

The servant who said he was afraid of the king because he was a hard man, hid the money, and did not do anything to make the king’s money work.

The king then took the money back from the servant who had done nothing with it, and gave it to the servant who had done the most.

Luke 27,
Jesus says ‘kill them in front of me; he is referring to sending people to hell, for going against God.

I am not sure how the complete parable of Luke 19-27 refers to ‘Jihad’ maybe I am missing something.

If you would like to read any Bible verses in full, you can get them from Biblegateway.com. I am not sure how helpful it might be for any of you to do this

Blessings

Eric

Scimitar
01-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks bro Eric. I think I will be checking the site out this weekend, I just had a brief look at it. Looks pretty cool to me.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to explain. btw, loving that sig. :)

Scimi

Abz2000
01-11-2012, 06:12 PM
jesus (pbuh) was never the soft and weak personality that those who hold power over the masses portray him to be, he was a rebel against the satanic leaders who were in turn rebels against God:
here's more goodly jihad:

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag;

and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

New Living Translation
(©2007)
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!
He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.
And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Then he said to them, "But now whoever has a wallet must take it along, and his traveling bag, too. And the one who has no sword must sell his coat and buy one.
He said to them, “From this hour, whoever has a money bag should take it and thus also a wallet, and whoever lacks a sword, let him sell his tunic and buy a sword for himself.
Then he said to them, "But now, the person who has a wallet and a traveling bag should take them along. The person who doesn't have a sword should sell his coat and buy one.
Then said he unto them, But now, he that has a purse, let him take it, and likewise his bag: and he that has no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Then said he to them, But now, he that has a purse, let him take it, and likewise his money: and he that has no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
And he said unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise a wallet; and he that hath none, let him sell his cloak, and buy a sword.
Douay-Rheims Bible
But they said: Nothing. Then said he unto them: But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise a scrip; and he that hath not, let him sell his coat, and buy a sword.
Darby Bible Translation
He said therefore to them, But now he that has a purse let him take it, in like manner also a scrip, and he that has none let him sell his garment and buy a sword;
English Revised Version
And he said unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise a wallet: and he that hath none, let him sell his cloke, and buy a sword.
Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Weymouth New Testament
"But now," said He, "let the one who has a purse take it, and he who has a bag must do the same. And let him who has no sword sell his outer garment and buy one.
World English Bible
Then he said to them, "But now, whoever has a purse, let him take it, and likewise a wallet. Whoever has none, let him sell his cloak, and buy a sword.
Then said he to them, 'But, now, he who is having a bag, let him take it up, and in like manner also a scrip; and he who is not having, let him sell his garment, and buy a sword,

yes, he was soft towards the believers, but he VIOLENTLY raged against the money changers and the politicians,
he also had companions whom the roman authorities considered "terrorists" or "extremists",
like the zealots and sicarii etc, the beloved simon was also another respected jihadi (striver)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zealotry

i tell you, he was no father christmas which a goofy grin and perpetually outstretched arms,
he was a prophet of the descendants of David (pbuh), the man of war

Eric H
01-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Abz,

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag;

and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

When you post a line from the Bible, is it possible to put it in context please.

If you read on from Luke 22; 36-38, the disciples said they had two swords between all of them, and Jesus said, that is enough.

If you then read from Luke 22; 47 – 53; Jesus then shows that these swords should not be used in times of conflict.

Luke 22, 47 -53.
Jesus Arrested
47 While he was still speaking a crowd came up, and the man who was called Judas, one of the Twelve, was leading them. He approached Jesus to kiss him, 48 but Jesus asked him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?”
49 When Jesus’ followers saw what was going to happen, they said, “Lord, should we strike with our swords?” 50 And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear.
51 But Jesus answered, “No more of this!” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him.
52 Then Jesus said to the chief priests, the officers of the temple guard, and the elders, who had come for him, “Am I leading a rebellion, that you have come with swords and clubs? 53 Every day I was with you in the temple courts, and you did not lay a hand on me. But this is your hour—when darkness reigns.”

In the spirit of praying to One God,

Eric

Abz2000
01-11-2012, 06:55 PM
yes, he (pbuh) knew when the sword was required and when patience was required,
it was not a time for the sword then, it was a storming of hearts and minds.

read through your new testament and check to see if he condemned the resistance or the chief priest and the pharisees,
surely he would have taken more time to condemn the resistance than the chief priests
if he saw them as more evil.
i'm uploading pics from a book i was reading, it's called, the jesus papers, by michael bagient

Abz2000
01-11-2012, 07:18 PM
here you go brother eric
please read through the 4 pages i uploaded carefully to see if there could be ANY truth to it:

IMG 1673?t1326309316 -

IMG 1674?t1326309313 -

ask yourself my brother WHY did the heathen rage???

Eric H
01-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Abz2000;

yes, he (pbuh) knew when the sword was required and when patience was required,
it was not a time for the sword then,
Agreed, and to my knowledge there is not a time that Jesus says to use a sword. The only time in the Bible when Jesus needs someone to defend him with a sword, he tells them to put their swords away.

it was a storming of hearts and minds.
Agreed
read through your new testament and check to see if he condemned the resistance or the chief priest and the pharisees,
Agreed again, Jesus constantly challenged the hearts and minds of the Pharisees and priests, but not with swords.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship

Eric

Scimitar
01-11-2012, 07:38 PM
You know, this place is miles better than other Muslim forums that claim to be tolerant towards non Muslim. I don't even think the question of being tolerant even props up. The vibe here is one that is just naturally endearing....

...In fact, I'd go as far and say I haven't come across anything like it on the net. Good work guys.

Scimi

Abz2000
01-11-2012, 07:42 PM
here brother eric:

And it was given unto him (the beast that implants identification with purchasing codes in people) to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9If any man have an ear, let him hear.
10He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity:
he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword.
Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Revelation 12:11

178. O ye who believe! the law of equality is prescribed to you in cases of murder:
the free for the free, the slave for the slave, the woman for the woman.
But if any remission is made by the brother of the slain, then grant any reasonable demand, and compensate him with handsome gratitude,
this is a concession and a Mercy from your Lord. After this whoever exceeds the limits shall be in grave penalty.
179. In the Law of Equality there is (saving of) Life to you, o ye men of understanding;
that ye may restrain yourselves.

Quran 2:178-179

Eric H
01-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Greetings and peace be with you brother Abz2000, and thanks for sharing,

here you go brother eric
please read through the 4 pages i uploaded carefully to see if there could be ANY truth to it:
When the prophet pbuh, had his ministry on Earth, he achieved many things, because Allah willed these things to happen. We look on the ministry of Jesus in the same way. It does not matter what Jews or Romans or Greeks, robbers, or priests do, if God wills something to happen, then it is. All things are possible to God, the Roman Emperor is nobody.

I am not sure how much more I should contribute to this thread, because I do not want to see it become Christianity against Islam.

There is only the One God and the same God hears all our prayers, despite all our perceived differences.

In the spirit of praying to One God, blessings,

Eric

Predator
01-11-2012, 08:28 PM

There is only the One God and the same God hears all our prayers, despite all our perceived differences.

Well If you're a trinitarian then of course you believe in not 1 but 3 gods.

Abz2000
01-11-2012, 08:33 PM
oh come on bro =)
he's arguing his point in a nice way, let's be as constructive rather than go in for the kill =)

Scimitar
01-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Finding that which is common between us is far more favourable and worthy of effort, than that which divides us.

Scimi

Eric H
01-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Greetings and peace be with you brother Scimitar;

Finding that which is common between us is far more favourable and worthy of effort, than that which divides us.

Scimi
Blessings and peace.

Eric

Scimitar
01-12-2012, 04:48 PM
And unto you, be peace and blessings too. :)

Scimi

Al-manar
01-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Peace be upon you all...

First : Any muslim here assured that such parable in luke has to be the true words included in the gospel revealed to Jesus peace be upon him ? Is there any Quranic hint to corporate the passage in luke? if not ,how would you build a concept,belief on something uncertain?

second: You want to argue that Jesus was a Jihadist or rather Jihad as a concept should by no mean be shameful or offensive ?

If the second ,just why don't you visit the old testament and find out the examples of the great prophets military Jihads eg; Moses peace be upon him etc.... Mohamed peace be upon him was not the first prophet to practice Jihad for the sake of God

Third : If you want to find out ,as a muslim whether Jesus practiced Jihad or not ,visit his story in the Quran to find out that his mission was short ,as it was directed to the Jews whom partly refused it and been enemies for him trying to kill him ,but God willed not so ,and his mission was terminated in peace ......
if Allah willed he could have engaged in jihad with those group of Jews who accepted him against the eneimies of the Jews eg;the Romans .....

Fourth: what is amazing ,is that ,the point whether Jesus was a Jihadist(according to the predictive picture of the king messiah of the old testament ) or not, is the place where Judaism and christianity been seperated for good ..
In one hand ,The Jews waited a great military conquering king who would lead them out of political bondage, who would certainly get All Israelites back to their homeland ,and during his reign There will be no more hunger or illness, and death will cease etc....
Having(jesus) come and gone without any of those been materialized ,but exactly the contrary (the Jews been defeated and expelled) , christians invented the theory of the suffering messiah ,and the notion of his contemporary coming in their generation to fulfill the prophecies .... a notion that days proved how it is false ......

To conclude :

1- the question not whether Jesus taught Jihad or not, but do you have a problem as one belonging to the Abrahamic religions accepting the Jihad of the prophets as recorded in bible and Quran?

2- If you intend to argue whether Jesus was a Jihadist or not ,in the context of critisizing christianity ,astonishingly , you have to argue the opposit of what you may think If Jesus wasn't a conquering Jihadist ,how on earth he was the Jewish promised king messiah ?

That is the most embarrasing problem ,which early christians tried to resolve ,inventing the notion that in their generation there would be a second coming to fulfill all that ,days passed and nothing happened as they expected ,those were just imaginations .

and that us humans who never stop dreaming of a better tomorrow and a savior who would turn that world of suffering into paradise ,and we turn those dreams into beliefs and a scripture revealed by God !!!....

peace for you all brothers,sisters ,especially the kind man Eric ..

Eric H
01-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Al-manar; I have often looked in on your comparative study thread, but have chosen not to reply. My intentions here have always been to seek a greater interfaith understanding and friendship.

2- If you intend to argue whether Jesus was a Jihadist or not
As I understand, there are different types of Jihad, is it possible to describe the types of Jihad that you might associate Jesus with

Blessings

Eric

Abz2000
01-17-2012, 04:44 AM
bro Eric, if you take into account the fact that "jihad" means strive, or struggle,
i'm sure you'd agree that Jesus (pbuh) was a devout jihadi.

this word has been used in a negative manner by the mass media in order to excite hysteria and fear of Islamic revolt
the word struggle is also used in the English language in a war or violent revolution context,
the Irish call their effort to remove British occupation a "struggle", arabic = Jihad.
when a western leader uses the word "struggle" in his speech, an Arabic translator would naturally translate it as Jihad.
and i am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you are aware who these verses describe:

Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save.2Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?
3I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.
4For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.
5And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.
6And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.
7I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses.
8For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.
9In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
10But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.

Isaiah 63:1-10

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth.
Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
Quran 4:171

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Revelation 19

Al-manar
01-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Al-manar;
Greetings and peace be with you dear Eric ..

I have often looked in on your comparative study thread, but have chosen not to reply. My intentions here have always been to seek a greater interfaith understanding and friendship.
Any reader to your posts in the forum,would soon realize your noble goal of mutual understanding and respect ...
and I think my input in my thread ,though sometimes critical yet as a whole is intended to show muslims and christians alike ,of where EXACTLY our faiths would meet and where EXACTLY would they disagree .....
Believe me when I tell you ,I never intended the thread to debate christians ,but to define christianity as it truly is for muslims ,and to clear the muslim misconceptions regarding the Bible ..... many muslims view some biblical issues as problematic with Islam while they aren't and don't realize the proper problems therin ...
I appericiate your giving time reading the thread, and giving time to the forum in general to spread a greater interfaith understanding and friendship .
but that shouldn't be an excuse not to participate more in discussions,fearing a dispute ,we need to feel your welcomed presence even more ......

As I understand, there are different types of Jihad, is it possible to describe the types of Jihad that you might associate Jesus with ;Blessings

As we know, Jihad in Arabic means making efforts for a noble goal it is a struggle for any cause with either violent or non-violent tools :

1- jihad as warfare : punishing certain people in history because they were guilty of deliberately denying the truth and the expansion and defense of the believers' state.

1- Jihad as Spiritual struggle : the strugle against lust,immoral desires and the struggle to establish just moral-social order .

prophets (and other inferior reformers) all without exception practiced the second kind of Jihad ....
the best examples of prophets who practiced both kinds of Jihad would be Moses and Mohamed peace be upon them....
In both the bible and Quran Moses is recorded practicing a spiritual Jihad struggling with the Jews(non violently) ,preaching the noble message of God ,then he practised jihad as warfare ,punishing the pagans and building a state for the believers that is recorded in the Quran beiefly in Sura [5:19 :26] and in Bible Deuteronomy 7:1-5
When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations – the Hittites, Girgashies, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, seven nations larger and stronger than you – and when the Lord your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the Lord’s anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you. This is what you are to do to them: Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones, cut down their Asherah poles and burn their idols in the fire. (Deuteronomy 7:1-5)

and

When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labour and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, and children, the livestock and everything else in the city you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby. (Deuteronomy, 20:10-15)

Prophet Jesus, unlike Moses and Mohamed peace be upon them all, wasn't bestowed with political authority by the Almighty ,neither building,expanding a state for the believers (the believers' state was already there though occupied)but was supposed to be a religious reformer and a preacher of wisdom .
The fact that Jesus was assigneed for only spiritual Jihad would by no means, degrade him neither make him superior to other prophets, why?

Holy Quran 2:136 Say: "We believe in Allah and that which is revealed to us; and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob and their descendants, and that which was given to Moses, Jesus and other Prophets from their Lord. We do not discriminate any of them, and to Allah we have surrendered ourselves (in Islam)."

Blessings

Al-manar

Eric H
01-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Abz2000;

bro Eric, if you take into account the fact that "jihad" means strive, or struggle,
i'm sure you'd agree that Jesus (pbuh) was a devout jihadi.
Agreed

this word has been used in a negative manner by the mass media in order to excite hysteria and fear of Islamic revolt
Also agreed

the word struggle is also used in the English language in a war or violent revolution context,
the Irish call their effort to remove British occupation a "struggle", arabic = Jihad.
when a western leader uses the word "struggle" in his speech, an Arabic translator would naturally translate it as Jihad
Agreed, and the same goes for the French Underground during the Second World war, they were called resistance fighters and freedom fighters.

Blessings

Eric

Eric H
01-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Al-manar; thank you for your kind reply.

the best examples of prophets who practiced both kinds of Jihad would be Moses and Mohamed peace be upon them....
I can see the similarities between them

Moses and Mohamed peace be upon them all, wasn't bestowed with political authority by the Almighty ,neither building,expanding a state for the believers (the believers' state was already there though occupied)but was supposed to be a religious reformer and a preacher of wisdom .
Agreed

The fact that Jesus was assigneed for only spiritual Jihad would by no means, degrade him
Agreed, In many ways this highlights the prophet (pbuh) saying that it is greater to be merciful and forgive, than it is to seek compensation or retribution through the justice system

Every blessing

Eric

Al-manar
01-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Eric H

I tried to post and continue the discussion with you but something distracted me ...now let's continue our friendly discussion

Agreed, In many ways this highlights the prophet (pbuh) saying that it is greater to be merciful and forgive, than it is to seek compensation or retribution through the justice system
1- From a Quranic point of view ,Jesus hadn't sought compensation or retribution through the justice system ,nor forgave the Jews.. why? cause no one ever done violence or hurt him (according to the Quran),and if we suppose anyone had done violence to him,there wouldn't have been any time for God to decide for him what to do in return, as his short mission was terminated in peace (according to the Quran)..

2- It is God who would decide for the prophet whether to include militant jihad with spiritual one or not, that depends on the role is written for that prophet, whether has political authority or not ...

let's for example talk about prophet John the Baptist who (according to the gospel) was executed by beheading...
let's ask :
Did he practice jihad as a warfare ? not at all ... could we suggest him as superior to Moses who practiced jihad as a warfare ? I don't think any muslim or christian would argue so ....
The same case could be applied fairly with Jesus who (according to the bible) had a similar fate ,that was executed by crucifiction .... I don't think he would be superior to Moses or Mohamed peace be upon them , due to the nature and the circumstances of his short mission...

Every blessing
Almanar

Eric H
01-29-2012, 11:53 PM

From a Quranic point of view ,Jesus hadn't sought compensation or retribution through the justice system ,nor forgave the Jews.. why? cause no one ever done violence or hurt him (according to the Quran)
Fair enough comment according to the Quran, but Jesus does talk about forgiveness and mercy in the Bible.

It is God who would decide for the prophet whether to include militant jihad with spiritual one or not, that depends on the role is written for that prophet, whether has political authority or not ...
Agreed again, and as the thread asks the question about Jesus and Jihad, I agree with you that Jesus was given a ministry of spiritual jihad.

The same case could be applied fairly with Jesus who (according to the bible) had a similar fate ,that was executed by crucifiction .... I don't think he would be superior to Moses or Mohamed peace be upon them , due to the nature and the circumstances of his short mission...
If I could add Adam to your list, and then possibly offer an explanation as to how God introduced the ‘law’ to mankind.

Adam was just given one law (command) ‘do not eat from the tree of knowledge.’ Between Adam and Moses, there were no laws, so when Kane killed his brother Abel, there was not a law of do not kill, so he did not break any law, by killing his brother.

God saw the evil man was doing, so he gave Moses the ‘law’ and now there were also punishments for breaking the law. Jesus did not come to abolish the law, but he came with a new commandment, that you love one another as Jesus has loved, you love your neighbour as you love yourself. Loving your neighbour was above the law because if you truly loved your neighbour, you would not kill, lie cheat etc, although all these old laws still remained.

Mohamed came along to reintroduce the rigidity of the law of Moses again, as mankind continued to sin against God and their neighbour.

Just some thoughts

Every blessing
Almanar
Every blessing to you and your family also,

Eric

Abz2000
01-30-2012, 07:17 AM
Adam was just given one law (command) ‘do not eat from the tree of knowledge.’
Between Adam and Moses, there were no laws,
so when Kane killed his brother Abel, there was not a law of do not kill, so he did not break any law, by killing his brother.
i respectfully disagree brother Eric,
Man was given an intellect to choose the best and use his conscience from the beginning, it was the law of right and wrong, written in man's inherent nature

i quote from the bible just to refresh you on what remains of the previous scripture, the authenticity of it is not something i endorse personally as God alone knows the truth:
And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
8And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.9And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 10And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. 11And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? ........
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil

Genesis 3:7-11 and 22...

cain knew very well that he was being selfish and evil, and that his brother was being accepted due to his righteousness.
and Noah (pbuh) came and warned his people, they were not drowned for eating from the tree.
Abraham (pbuh) came and warned the babylonians and nimrod was not punished for eating from the tree,
the sodomites in Lut (pbuh) were destroyed for their sodomy and corruption, not for the tree.
then we have Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph (peace be upon them all) who all came with warnings or guidance or both - all before Moses (pbuh) was given the law.
it has been mentioned that the children of Israel were the first Ummah upon whom Jihad was prescribed as a duty, and they were given the written law and the responsibility to uphold it by whatever means necessary within the limits of Allah.
maybe Allah did not prescribe physical Jihad on the previous generations because they were not yet prepared for the written law, and how can you prescribe physical Jihad without a written constitution as a guide?

and yes, Jesus pbuh is clearly known to be coming to follow the final guidance revealed to the final messenger pbuh when he returns, just as he pbuh did with Prophet Moses' law.
and that he will be ready to help defend the ummah with the sword when necessary.

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
Matthew 10:34

showing that sometimes peace has to be defended with the sword.

Al-manar
01-30-2012, 12:05 PM

If I could add Adam to your list, and then possibly offer an explanation as to how God introduced the ‘law’ to mankind.
Adam was just given one law (command) ‘do not eat from the tree of knowledge.’ Between Adam and Moses, there were no laws, so when Kane killed his brother Abel, there was not a law of do not kill, so he did not break any law, by killing his brother. God saw the evil man was doing, so he gave Moses the ‘law’ and now there were also punishments for breaking the law.

Thank you dear Eric for the input ...

I think we need to bring a Quranic verse related to the previous quote , the words in bold gave me some thoughts , but do you think those verse could be in harmony with your thoughts ?

Holy Quran 5:27. Recite to them the truth of the story of the two sons of Adam. Behold! they each presented a sacrifice (to Allah.: It was accepted from one, but not from the other. Said the latter: "Be sure I will slay thee." "Surely," said the former, "(Allah) doth accept of the sacrifice of those who are righteous. 28. "If thou dost stretch thy hand against me, to slay me, it is not for me to stretch my hand against thee to slay thee: for I do fear Allah, the cherisher of the worlds. 29. "For me, I intend to let thee draw on thyself my sin as well as thine, for thou wilt be among the companions of the fire, and that is the reward of those who do wrong."30. The (selfish) soul of the other led him to the murder of his brother: he murdered him, and became (himself) one of the lost ones.31. Then Allah sent a raven, who scratched the ground, to show him how to hide the shame of his brother. "Woe is me!" said he; "Was I not even able to be as this raven, and to hide the shame of my brother?" then he became full of regrets- On account of that, We prescribed with the Children of Israel that anyone who kills any person without another soul being involved or causing mischief in the land, acts as if he had killed all mankind. Anyone who spares life acts as if he had granted life to all mankind. Our messengers have brought them explanations; then later on many of the committed excesses on earth.

on one hand , the sons of Adam seem to know that killing is evil thing ,and aware of sins that requires hell fire ,on the other hand for that Evil commited by the son of Adam against his brother (and we can add any other case of murder then) God included the punishment of kiling in the law of Moses .....

I see some harmony between your input and the Quran....

Every blessing to you and your family also,

Almanar

Burninglight
02-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Jesus is not speaking of Jihad in the Muslim sense. That verse needs to be read in context: Jesus often speaks in parables. It tells how God has all given us information and talents that He entrusted to us. We are accountable for what we do with what he has shown us. Some have done well with the little God has given them; some have done poorly; some have done well with the much God has given; some have not. Bottom line is we are all accountable for every action and very idle word: 22 “His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then didn’t you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’
24 “Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’
25 “‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’ 26 “He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’” Jesus is saying to take away from those who didn't produce for the Lord. As for those that didn't want Him to reign as soverign KING in their lives, He is saying they will lose all and all life will be taken from them.

Abz2000
02-01-2012, 11:00 PM
^ who interpreted it for you?

Burninglight
02-02-2012, 03:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
^ who interpreted it for you?
Holy Spirit

Abz2000
02-02-2012, 05:13 AM
May the holy spirit also guide you to the truth,
Ameen

Burninglight
02-02-2012, 06:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
May the holy spirit also guide you to the truth,
Ameen
I really do appreciate that. thank you, I wish that for you as well.

Burninglight
02-02-2012, 06:42 AM
good night:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!