/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Azhar or Deoband?

Tawangar
01-11-2012, 07:56 AM
:sl:
A thread on an Islamic forum was on the question of where to study the Islamic sciences, Azhar in Egypt or Deoband in India.
Many respected brothers and sisters gave cogent reasons for choosing either of the two. I do not wish to comment on al Azhar because of my lack of knowledge and the geographical distance between my country and Misr but I have had the opportunity of visiting Dar al 'Uloom and of having a ta'alluq with Fida-e-Millat Shaykh al Sayyid Hadrat Mawlana Arshad Madani and being in touch with various other Deobandi 'Ulama. The following lines from an Urdu tarana best express what one will get, Inshallah from studying in Deoband:

"......Ruumi ki ghazal,
Raazi ki nazar,
Ghazzaali ki talqeen yahaan,
Raushan hai Jamaal-e-Anwar se Paimaana-e-Fakhruddin yahaan……"
'Alaykum Salam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-11-2012, 09:21 AM

For Indonesian Muslim people, Al Azhar is the first choice to learn Islam. Followed by some places in Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Deoband in India is not in the list. It's because Deoband follow Hanafi fiqh, and Maturidi aqidah. Different than Indonesian Muslims who majority follow Shafi'i fiqh and Ashari aqidah, while the rest are non-madhab.

Just for information. :)

Reflections
01-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Assalamu 3alaykum,

Being in Hind- Wouldn't it be easier for you to study at Deoband?

Masha'Allah one video I came across of dars in deoband -the completion of Saheeh Al Bukhari. Ah the joys of being tulabaa e 3ilm al7umdulilah.

Tawangar
01-12-2012, 07:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

For Indonesian Muslim people, Al Azhar is the first choice to learn Islam. Followed by some places in Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Deoband in India is not in the list. It's because Deoband follow Hanafi fiqh, and Maturidi aqidah. Different than Indonesian Muslims who majority follow Shafi'i fiqh and Ashari aqidah, while the rest are non-madhab.

Just for information. :)
Yes, Sidi I am aware.
Many non-Hanafis come for higher studies, particularly in the field of hadith and research to Deoband. For eg. Shaykh TaHa Karaan of SA is a Shaafi'i 'alim of SA who has studied in Deoband. Many top scholars of the world from other masaalik also have ijaza to narrate hadith from Deobandi scholars.
:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!