/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between a nasheed and a song?

Darth Ultor
01-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Nasheeds use instruments sometimes other than a duff. Sami Yusuf, Cat Stevens, people on youtube say they sing nasheeds. I thought music of any type was haraam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tyrion
01-11-2012, 08:51 PM
They're still songs, but Muslims who don't listen to instruments will usually listen to non instrumental nasheeds that only use vocals and have strictly religious themes. To them, "music" means "music with musical instruments" and that's what they would consider haram, so those Muslims wouldn't listen to Sami Yusuf or Yusuf Islam.

joyous fairy
01-11-2012, 10:38 PM
I thought nasheeds were always about The Prophet (SAW), Whereas songs can be about anything.

serena77
01-11-2012, 11:05 PM
I love nasheeds.... it was one of those things i decided how much i loved before i reverted and it helped a lot .... they are often informative.. at least for me... I learned a lot... i keep wanting to get more famillar w/ the popular ones that are in arabic...:)
serena

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
01-12-2012, 12:25 AM
I only know of one really old nasheed. Tala al Badru Alayna. It was featured in The Message and The Last Prophet. In the Message I like it better because it sounds very Arabic in style.

Marina-Aisha
02-01-2012, 09:43 PM
I don't get it..I listen to Sami yusuf, and maher zain is that bad? All the ring bout Allah and Mohammad

Txyib
02-01-2012, 09:46 PM
salam
i think its the same thing but nasheed is the arabic meaning
wasalam
محمد طيب

Marina-Aisha
02-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Okay but is it okay to listen to them or is it harram?

Txyib
02-01-2012, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
Okay but is it okay to listen to them or is it harram?
salam
yes i should think so as long as the instruments are halal and not haram
wasalam
محمد طيب

Marina-Aisha
02-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Oh okay, thanx :popcorn:

Txyib
02-01-2012, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
Oh okay, thanx :popcorn:
salaam
no problem,always here for help :p;D
wasalam
محمد طيب

Abu.Yusuf
03-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Yes if a 'nasheed' has Haraam instruments, it is not allowed to listen to them.

Adn I dont know what the dif is between a song and nasheed...does anyone know?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!