/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What surah to memorize ?

syed1
01-28-2012, 02:56 PM
For someone who's not intending to do Hifz, what surahs should they memorize which would be beneficial for therm to know.

For example, Yasin, mulk, waqia?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
alhamdulilaah
01-29-2012, 07:32 AM
Asalamu-alaikum,

I think the ones you mentioned and:

Surah An-Najm (no.53), Surah Al-Qamar (no.54), Surah Ar-Rahman (no.55), Surah Qaf (no.50), Surah Ad-Dukhan (no.44), Surah Al-Qiyamah (no.75), Surah Al-Insan (no.76), Surah Al-Muddathir (no.74),Surah Al-Muzzamil (no.73).

~ Sabr ~
01-29-2012, 07:48 AM
:salamext:

The main Surahs personally I think would be: Yaseen 36, Mulk 67, Muzammil 73, Rahman 55.

Alaa 87, and Ghaashiyah 88 the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) used to read in Maghrib Salah, so they are also very good to memorise.

All in all, Surah Yaseen first as that is the HEART of the Qur'aan.

~ Sabr ~
01-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Yes, you can. I'm online from mobile at the moment, but I shall post it in a couple of hours InshaAllaah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
01-29-2012, 10:39 AM
:salamext:

I can't find the hadith for Maghrib at the moment (my dad actually told me RE that, I didn't read it myself, maybe it was Jummah Salah, as stated below).

However I have found a hadith for Jummah Salah:

Narrated Samurah ibn Jundub: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to recite in the Friday prayer: "Glorify the name of your most high Lord" (surah 87) and Has the story of the overwhelming event reached you? (surah 88)."
(Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 3, Hadith 1120)

syed1
02-04-2012, 01:24 AM
thanks for your tips. I Know the whole quran is beneficial but I just meant which ones are there hadiths abouts. for example, surah mulk, there are many hadits which say its protects your from the torments of the grace etc.

serena77
02-04-2012, 02:50 AM
salaams
I don't know if i'm the only one here but the memorizations for me have not come easy... anyway i was looking through sites that had Yaseen on it as i wasn't famillar w/ it... its a really neat surah and i found this neat site called mount hira. It lists the surah in arabic, transliteration, in english and it recites it a line at a time and you can replay and things as need be.
I know i wasnt the one who started the thead but thanks to the OP and all who have replied. Its benefitted me a lot too
Inshallah memorization will come easier and easier to me, and until it does, at least i have fun learning.
Serena

syed1
02-04-2012, 01:14 PM
thats very good serena, just ask God to make it easy for your andmake the intention that you are doing it for his pleasure and believe me it will come easy. Im assuming since you are a revert you just started to learn arabic so just like learning any new language it will be a bit difficult..

One word of advice, since you are learning how to speak arabic and memorize it, I would STRONGLY reccomend that you also try to learn the meaning or learn to understand arabic to because I feel that most people they just learn to read it and memorize it but have no clue as to what is being recited which can be very beneficial in salah etc. I too was raised with out being taught the meaning and Now I am attempting to understand it through various methods and inshallah it will work!

Darth Ultor
02-04-2012, 01:33 PM
People can memorize thewhole Quran, that I know. But can everyone who did really pick and choose any given ones and give the exact wording without a prompt? Like say this situation.

Person 1: I'd like to hear Surah 48:25.

Person 2 (without any mistakes or having to consider for a second): They are the ones who disbelieved and obstructed you from al-Masjid al-Haram while the offering was prevented from reaching its place of sacrifice. And if not for believing men and believing women whom you did not know - that you might trample them and there would befall you because of them dishonor without [your] knowledge - [you would have been permitted to enter Makkah]. [This was so] that Allah might admit to His mercy whom He willed. If they had been apart [from them], We would have punished those who disbelieved among them with painful punishment

Person 2: *checks copy of Quran* Correct.

syed1
02-04-2012, 03:47 PM
huh?? what are you tryna say... lol^^

serena77
02-04-2012, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
One word of advice, since you are learning how to speak arabic and memorize it, I would STRONGLY reccomend that you also try to learn the meaning or learn to understand arabic to because I feel that most people they just learn to read it and memorize it but have no clue as to what is being recited which can be very beneficial in salah etc.
Salaams
Yea I am trying to learn arabic too which is slower going because i have so much online and in text books but no one in real life .. any my family is against it and so i can only really learn anything about it late at night or when i'm downstairs in my area... away from the rest of the family ... ( i moved home to help out w/ things but i have almost an apartment downstairs ... minus the kitchen :) ) it was one of the reasons i liked the website i found though because it has the tranliteration and the english meaning too... which for me is beneficial
Serena

Muhammad
02-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

On the topic of virtues of surahs, it is important to be aware that a number of hadeeth regarding virtues of specific surahs have been declared to be weak or even fabricated, so we should always try to investigate and verify what we hear. Surahs Fatihah, Mulk, Sajdah, Baqarah, Aal-Imraan, Kahf and the last three surahs of the Qur'an all have specific benefits mentioned for the one who memorises or reads them. There may be others too... there are hadeeth for all of these but they need time to search for!

ayesha.ansari
02-06-2012, 05:59 AM
Yes well said we always need to inquire about weight of any Hadith, as far as concern of Quran Kareem as a Muslim we need to Learn, read, Recite and Memorize whole Holy Quran because it is for us and it contain the solution of everything in this world.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!