/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Caliphate before Mahdi?

ILuvAllah
01-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Is there any possibility that there might be a caliphate before the Mahdi? I know there's nothing mentioned like this in the Hadith but I think its not always mentioned because there were many caliphates in the past and they were not mentioned in the hadith that they would come like for example Saladin.

So what do you think, Is there any possibility that there might be a caliphate in the near future before the Mahdi.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ILuvAllah
01-30-2012, 05:07 PM
hello? I would really like to know your views on this :)

Abz2000
01-30-2012, 06:18 PM
i believe it's possible, but it wont be as united due to differences, the shia claim to love him, but only when he appears will they either turn on their heels or give up any differences for the sake of Allah,
just like the Christians with Christ (pbuh),
Allah will really sift the hearts of mankind through these personalities.

still, we are told that the Muslims will unite and that there will be a leader,
the hadith indicate that the people we speak of (mahdi/Christ) have no desire of kingship and are happy to see others run administration if necessary as long as it's done properly for the sake of Allah, but will do whatever it takes to make sure it is the will of Allah done on earth.
it is the blessing on this Ummah that some are made leaders over others.

Again, Allah knows how He will arrange affairs, but i believe the real sifting will occur when they appear
and belief, disbelief and nifaq will be made plain just by their leadership.

Khilafah in that sense maybe not, since khilafat requires the rule of Allah to be implemented, and many will be still wavering and doubtful of each other,
but a leadership over the people who volunteer to serve and obey the laws of Islam has and will always exist, even if reviled as "extremist fringes".

ILuvAllah
01-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Thank you for your explanation akhi. I really wish to see Islam rule the world again InshAllah. btw, when was the last time we had a khilafah?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
01-30-2012, 11:05 PM
some time around 1924, but that was just an outer appearance of it and what was remaining.

Lord Curzon, the British Foreign Minister at the time of the Caliphate's end, appear to have best caught the Caliphate's significance when he announced to the House of Commons:

"The situation now is that Turkey is dead and will never rise again,
because we have destroyed its moral strength, the Caliphate and Islam".

"We must put an end to anything which brings about any Islamic unity between the sons of the Muslims.
As we have already succeeded in finishing off the Caliphate,
so we must ensure that there will never arise again unity for the Muslims, whether it be intellectual or cultural unity"

and our good despots from the royal families helped them

you can read some bits and bobs i put together on it here:
http://abz2000.com/ThyKingdomCome.aspx

Scimitar
01-31-2012, 04:30 PM

Scimi

ILuvAllah
01-31-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the videos and all the infos brothers. InshAllah Islam will dominate the world soon.

Scimitar
01-31-2012, 06:15 PM
I prefer to say "Islam will free the world" as opposed to "dominate" - that sounds too oppressive ;D

Scimi

biz
04-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Ive heard something about that there are 5-6 caliphates left until yawm al qiyamah.. anyone knows ?

ILuvAllah
04-03-2012, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by biz
Ive heard something about that there are 5-6 caliphates left until yawm al qiyamah.. anyone knows ?
yes I have read something like it in the book of the last hour by Ibn Kathir. I'd review the chapter again and write about it tomorrow InshAllah. in the meantime i hope anyone here with a clear answer respond to you.

biz
04-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Jazakallah khairan, : )

noorseeker
04-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Ive always had this question

Suppose we did unite and a Appointing a Khalifah was plausible.

Who would take that job, i dont see people running to take it,, In this day and age it would be like a 20 hour shift.

If a muslim dies of hunger, if a muslim is oppressed, or anything bad happens to the Ummah

it will be on his head, He will have to answer to allah swt, so as i said i dont see any one rushing to be appointed

ILuvAllah
04-04-2012, 04:52 PM
The Twelve Quraysh Khulafa

Sayydina Jabir ibn Samurah (ra) narrated: The Prophet (pbuh) said, There will be twelve caliphs. All of them will be Quraysh. (Bukhari 7222, 7223, Muslim 1821/6, Abu Dawud 4280)

The same Hadith is found in Abu Dawud through another line of transmission from Jabir (ra). According to a version, he said, "This ummah will continue to be on its condition and subdue the enemy till twelve khilafah have ruled over it, all of whom will be Quraysh." The sahaba asked him, "What will happen thereafter?" He said, "There will be farj". (farj means division into sects and weakness of soul, cleave asunder, split.) The twelve caliphs in these two Ahadith, do not mean the twelve imams as the rawafid (shia) imagine. They lie about them and allege that they were innocent because, except for Sayyidina Ali (ra) and his son, Sayyidina Hasan, none of these eminent men became a caliph or governor (while the Hadith uses the words Khilafah)

Not the twelve who succeeded each other as khilafah

These twelve are not they who succeeded each other after the Prophet (pbuh) up to the era of the Banu Umayyah because the hadith of Sayyidina Safinah (ra) quotes the Prophet (pbuh) as saying, "The khilafah will last thirty years after me."(Abu Dawud, Trimizi, Ahmad). Of these twelve khulafah, four are the righteous caliphs Sayyidina Abu Bakr (ra), Umar (ra), Uthman (ra) and Ali (ra), and the fifth is Sayyidina Hasan ibn Ali (ra). The rest include Umar ibn Abdul Aziz and some of the Banu Abbas, and in later period, so much so that Mahdi will be one of them.

ILuvAllah
04-04-2012, 04:53 PM
The best thing about the Ibn Kathir books that he clearly mentions which hadith are sahih and which are not.

ILuvAllah
04-04-2012, 04:57 PM
So, we are not really sure how many caliphs or khilafah is left before Imam Mahdi.

MohammedK
06-23-2012, 03:00 AM
I think inshAllah there will be khalifiah before Mahdi inshAllah also I wondered about this too I ask a shiekh I know soon inshallah. Because in Hadith of Mahdi it say khalifiah will die and his sons will fight for treasure under kabba. That my opinion but I ask shiekh to be sure.

MohammedK
06-23-2012, 03:01 AM
Sorry grammar bad.

syed_z
06-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum to all...

I believe and Allah (swt) knows best, that Caliphate will emerge with the advent of Hazrat Mahdi (a.s) and not before that....

Book 36, Number 4273:
Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Disagreement will occur at the death of a caliph and a man of the people of Medina will come flying forth to Mecca.
Any ruler or a king of any territory is called a caliph in Arabic and the word Caliph does not necessarily mean a Ruler or an Imam/Ameer Ul Mumineen, ruling the entire Muslims world according to Quran and Sunnah.

So the death mentioned of a caliph in the tradition could mean a ruler ruling the territory of Hijaz or Arabian Peninsula and him dying.

Salaam

Mohammed_Salah
08-18-2013, 01:12 AM
think if the caliphate fo example in the IBEP was not, do think the mahdi is after?!?

sea
09-28-2013, 08:33 AM
very good. no desire for kingship is correct. it is rare that i hear correct things from man. do you recognise what no desire for kingship represents? it is the removal of all competitive values.
as for the comment i see below where a responder said "i really wish to see Islam rule the world again..." such short sightedness. these coming days are not about conquering so as to place one group over another so as to then be the oppressors. there is no manner in which man can act after conquering another/s other than being an oppressor. You should remove these thoughts from your perspective because this is not about bringing more of the same old principles of kingdoms of men.

truthseeker63
12-10-2013, 03:59 AM
As Salamu Alaykum My question is will the Mahdi restore the Caliphate
or will the Caliphate be retsored before he comes are there diffrent interpretations or opinions or views according to Hadiths before Day of Judement Last and Anti Christ coming thank you ?

Al-Mahdi (the Mahdi)
1. Sunni Muslims' Al-Mahdi (Mehdi)
2. Signs before the Mahdi
3. Roman (European) Invasions of the lands of Muslims & the Conquest of Constantinople & Rome by Muslims
4. Other Wars & Events around the time of the Mahdi(s)This includes

a)internal fighting & bloodshed in the Muslim World, (b) the Mahdi's fighting against Iran, (c) invasions by the Turks (Russians), (d) fighting the Andalusians, and Abyssinians (Ethiopians & East Africans),(e) Muslims' conquest of India, etc.
5. Could Muslims could be ruled by a series of Caliphs, not just the Mahdi ?
6. Similarities between Shia's Imam Mahdi & the Anti-Christ Shia's Imam Mahdi is likely to be the Anti-Christ

http://www.discoveringislam.org/the_mahdi.htm

reaz rujub says:
May 15, 2011 at 5:28 am
It is known that Caliphate will be established after the appearance of Al Mahdi. So how come the first Hadith say that disagreement will occur at the death of a caliph and then Al Mahdi will appear? The simple answer is that, maybe, the Hadith is only talking about an ordinary leader who is not in the right path of Allah . If this is right, it may be that it is refering to Bin Laden, as disagreements have surely occured in the Ummah due to his death. Or, it may be that this Hadith is refering to Ahmadinejad, and his future death, which may surely cause disagreements. And Allah and His Messenger know best.

http://www.jihadica.com/mahdi-will-a...ath-of-caliph/

Al-Mahdi & A Caliphate That Follows the Guidance of the Prophet (saws)
by A. Hijazi

Hudhaifah bin Al-Yaman reported that the Messenger of Allah sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam said,
"Prophethood (meaning himself) will remain with you for as long as Allah wills it to remain, then Allah will raise it up wherever he wills to raise it up. Afterwards, there will be a Caliphate that follows the guidance of Prophethood remaining with you for as long as Allah wills it to remain. Then, He will raise it up whenever He wills to raise it up. Afterwards, there will be a reign of violently oppressive [The reign of Muslim kings who are partially unjust] rule and it will remain with you for as long as Allah wills it to remain. Then, there will be a reign of tyrannical rule and it will remain for as long as Allah wills it to remain. Then, Allah will raise it up whenever He wills to raise it up. Then, there will be a Caliphate that follows the guidance of Prophethood."
Then Hudhaifah said, "The Prophet stopped speaking." [As-Silsilah As-Sahihah, vol. 1, no. 5]

http://www.islaam.net/main/display.php?id=1107

Ahmad H
12-10-2013, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
The simple answer is that, maybe, the Hadith is only talking about an ordinary leader who is not in the right path of Allah . If this is right, it may be that it is refering to Bin Laden, as disagreements have surely occurred in the Ummah due to his death. Or, it may be that this Hadith is refering to Ahmadinejad, and his future death, which may surely cause disagreements. And Allah and His Messenger know best.
Bin Laden is not a Caliph, he was a terrorist leader. Ahmedinejad was a president - he has no bearing on any of this.

You really should read up on what a Caliph means.

truthseeker63
12-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Thank you.

anisafatima
12-16-2013, 07:42 AM
It will be better to interpret and believe about Imam Mehdi and emergence of Dajal (Anti-Christ) on the basis of Ahadiths because getting beyond that might let a believer believe what is not according to Islam.

1Omar
07-19-2016, 01:08 AM
لا اله الا الله

ResearchScholar
07-22-2016, 02:58 PM
The Messenger of Allaah (peace beupon him) said:

"Allah shallraise for this Umma (nation) at the head of every century a man who shall renew(or revive) for it its religion" (Sunan Abu Dawud, Kitab al-Malahim, ch. 1.)

“The Israelitesused to be led by prophets; whenever a prophet died, another came after him.After me there is no prophet, but there will be khalifas and there will bemany.”(Bukhari,book 60, ch. 50)

“Allah haspromised to those of you who believe, and do good, that He will surely makethem khalifas in the earth as He made those before them to be khalifas” (Quran24:55)

The Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said:

"Allah shall raise for this Umma (nation) at the head of every century a man who shall renew (or revive) for it its religion" (Sunan Abu Dawud, Kitab al-Malahim, ch. 1.)

“The Israelites used to be led by prophets; whenever a prophet died, another came after him. After me there is no prophet, but there will be khalifas and there will be many.”
(Bukhari, book 60, ch. 50)

“Allah has promised to those of you who believe, and do good, that He will surely make them khalifas in the earth as He made those before them to be khalifas” (Quran 24:55)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!