/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "..It Hurts To See.."

IbnAbdulHakim
02-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

There is a elderly gentleman in my life at the moment who has helped me greatly, if it wasnt for him I wouldnt have been able to stand strongly where I do now. Unfortunately he is not amongst the believers, though he once was from the middle-east and I pray Allaah helps him have faith before his death.

I care about you and it hurts to see
your good deeds wasted in front of me

you sweat under labour
to help others, you cater
and after your blood, sweat and tears
with your lord, you gain no favour
to earn you a seat where the believers shall meet
and i fear your old age only blinds you further
your a good man and you helped me a lot
and no matter how much we talk you go back to a disbelieving lot
i wish for all you done for me
I could have helped you open your eyes and see...

I care about you and it hurts to see...
your good deeds wasted in front of me...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Periwinkle18
02-08-2012, 12:01 PM
aww may Allah guide him to the right path Ameen

Muslim Woman
02-08-2012, 04:57 PM
:sl:

Ameen

~Zaria~
02-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

MashaAllah, your poetry is beautiful.

It is indeed very difficult to see someone close to us who remains in disbelief.

I think its probably one of the most painful things to endure :(

Remember, our propher (sallahu alaihi wasalam) too had to accept this, when his beloved uncle Abu Talib died a disbeliever.

And then Allah revealed especially about Abu Talib:

"Surely you cannot guide whom you love, but Allah guides whom He pleases, and He knows best the followers of the right way."
(28.56)

And so too, with Nuh (AS) and his son.
And Ibraheem (AS) and his father.
And Loot (AS) and his wife.
And so on.....

They were in the constant company of Prophets - the most beloved to Allah......and still too, this did not benefit them in any way.

Allah alone decides whom He will guide and who He keeps astray:

Verily thy Lord will decide between them by His Decree: and He is Exalted in Might All-Knowing. So put thy trust in Allah: for thou art on (the Path of) manifest Truth.

Truly thou canst not cause the Dead to listen nor canst thou cause the Deaf to hear the call (especially) when they turn back in retreat. Nor canst thou be a guide to the Blind (to prevent them) from straying; only those wilt thou get to listen who believe in Our Signs and they will bow in Islam.
----- 27:78-81

BUT:

We should NEVER lose hope on anyone.....who knows what the future holds, but Allah (subhanawata ála)?

Continue to show them the beautiful way of Islam.....maybe invite your friend to talks, jumah bayaans, and gatherings that consist of muslims and deeni activities.

Every now and then - mention the glory of Allah - e.g when it rains, when something good happens, etc etc.

I think the hardest part - is the agony that we go through to see our loved ones remaining in disbelief......for we realise the enormity of the situation.
From their point of view - there is no problem.

Just be patient.....and continue to make duaa for them.

You only realise how unbelievably precious your own imaan is, how fortunate you are to be from amongst the ummah of our nabi (sallahu alaihi wasalam) - when you see how difficult it is to penetrate someone elses heart.

May Allah keep us all steadfast on this deen. Ameen.

Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
02-08-2012, 05:04 PM
jazakAllah khair for dua's,

This former Muslim married a disbelieving christian and took on her ways but honestly, subhanAllaah, you can SEE the Islamic values still IN HIM after all these years (32 years) even though he claims to not believe in Islam, he says he believes there is a supreme power that controls this universe but that is all.

He almost every single day does charitable good deeds, makes me awed, I don't think most of us muslims do as much good. Its just shocking sometimes when you think about the condition of some humans.

ALLAAH KNOWS BEST

Periwinkle18
02-09-2012, 06:30 PM
^ so true i just pray tht Allah opens the hearts of such ppl cuz wen they'll enter islam they'll b way better then us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!