PDA

View Full Version : Flat stomach

Beardo
02-11-2012, 10:30 PM
How do I get one of them?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Marina-Aisha
02-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Lol u need go to the gym or do lots of sit ups and cardio but I'm not an expert.. So I guess wait for someone else to respond to ur post.

Muezzin
02-11-2012, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
How do I get [a flat stomach]?

Cabdullahi
02-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Liposuction at home using the hoover

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
02-11-2012, 11:16 PM
How do I get one of them?
Brother stop reaching for those pies and your stomach will shrink in no time inshallah.

yahia12
02-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Run like Forrest Gump! :p

Beardo
02-12-2012, 04:39 PM
So I can't buy one from the grocery store? o___o

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-12-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't know how to get a flat stomach. However having a flat stomach is a blessing :p I have a flat stomach. :p
One day we were discussing about fitness and one of my friends noticed that i had a flat stomach unlike theirs and they appreciated it and I felt proud and flattered. lol ;D I dont have a six pack though. :phew

Periwinkle18
02-12-2012, 05:18 PM
dont eat too much :p start fasting every monday and thursday :)

dont stop eating otherwise u'll b like me :S wen eva i see food i feel like throwing up, i hav to force myself to eat at times :p mum scolds me alot :p

Salahudeen
02-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Beachbody Insanity or P90X, are good workout programmes. They'll make you flat I think. Don't buy them, let me know if you want them.

GuestFellow
02-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Well you need to exercise. You don't need to go gym. In fact, it is better if you don't go to a gym. I know many guys that go gym, workout and gain back all the weight. It's because they cannot keep up with that particular routine.

So you need to establish a routine. Like exercising an hour everyday. It's likely you will have a difficult job and won't have time for gym. You should learn to eat healthy...don't diet.

I skip, jog and use a rowing machine. Works for me.

Don't aim to get a flat stomach for the ladies or to impress others. This form of motivation will not last forever....

Beardo
02-13-2012, 02:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Don't aim to get a flat stomach for the ladies or to impress others. This form of motivation will not last forever....
I see you speak from experience. ^o)

joyous fairy
02-13-2012, 02:11 AM
lol, when I read the thread title, I thought this was about LOSING a flat stomach (although Im not sure why someone would want to lose one :ermm: ).

But I have heard that sit ups are good for flattening the stomach. Do them, might work :p

jameelash
02-13-2012, 10:30 AM
salam,daily apply some oil on stomach b4 sleep(any oil )it is said to be effective.try atleast 3 weeks to see the results

Muhaba
02-13-2012, 11:04 AM
stomach execises, including pulling your tummy in anf holding it for a about 40 seconds, then releasing and repeating the process. do this a lot. Ab exercises like situps and the crunch and especially aerobics exercises like running and jogging. you need to lose overall weight to make your tummy thinner but as you work on other parts of the body, also do stomach exercises to make this part of the body thnner.

Muhaba
02-13-2012, 11:04 AM
oh and avoid fatty foods as well.

Al-bint
02-13-2012, 11:25 AM
:sl:

eat lots but then drink a lot of water and finally throw-up all that you ate... it worked for princess diana ;D

Innocent Soul
02-13-2012, 11:32 AM
^o) I think you got a lot of advices. :phew NOW get up and start following them. +o(
Share the results :D.

GuestFellow
02-13-2012, 05:49 PM

I see you speak from experience. ^o)
Salaam,

Well I always aimed for a healthy lifestyle to serve Allah. This form of motivation is the best. Oh if you have a big stomach, avoid ab workouts. All the muscle will be under the flab and makes your stomach look bigger. Lose the flab and then tone up.

Some of the responses to this topic are so bizarre...

~Zaria~
02-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

So, heres a funny (and somewhat embarrassing) story:

A few years back, I went through a phase of wanting to be really well-toned and fit.
I have never had weight problems, alhamdulillah......but for some reason, I dreaded the thought of becoming 'flabby' as I age/ putting on weight.

I also wanted a 6-pack.....or even a 4-pack.......ok, even a 2-pack would do just fine!
Im not sure why, as a woman, this even appealed to me at the time (considering I would be the only one to appreciate this marvel :p).......^o)

So, I eventually bought myself the: 'Ab-flex'!

Attachment 4629

Basically, you crunch down on the device against some resistance (as you pull it towards you).......its like doing crunches - with a kick, lol!

Needless to say, after using it the first few times.......it felt as though some internal organ had ruptured! :embarrass

And to cut a long story short.......

- Even though Im thin, I still dont have a 6/ 4/ 2 pack (and Im just fine with this :) )

- Mr Abflex resides somewhere in my cupboard atm ;D

- And, although Im conscious of staying healthy/ toned and fit......Alhamdulillah - the stupid phase of my life is behind me, lol!

Salaam :hiding:

Muhaba
02-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Salaam,

Well I always aimed for a healthy lifestyle to serve Allah. This form of motivation is the best. Oh if you have a big stomach, avoid ab workouts. All the muscle will be under the flab and makes your stomach look bigger. Lose the flab and then tone up.

Some of the responses to this topic are so bizarre...
actually you should do the ab workouts along with other exercise. otherwise the rst of your body will become thinner while your belly will remain fat. one of the best exercises is aerobics exercise. other exercises shold be included to tone different parts of the body. there's a great book called somethink like Body for life that has exercise routines one can follow.

ardianto
02-15-2012, 01:32 PM
I am a fat man, but I have flat stomach.

Periwinkle18
02-15-2012, 03:41 PM
srsly bro try the fasting thing u'll get thawaab and inshaAllah u mite get a flat stomach too, buh don't eat too much at iftar time otherwise its no use:)

Salahudeen
02-15-2012, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
actually you should do the ab workouts along with other exercise. otherwise the rst of your body will become thinner while your belly will remain fat. one of the best exercises is aerobics exercise. other exercises shold be included to tone different parts of the body. there's a great book called somethink like Body for life that has exercise routines one can follow.
I never knew ab exercises burned fat directly on the stomach :hmm: my understanding was that any form of aerobic exercise will burn the fat on your body. Does this mean if you sit in once play all day doing face exercises you will burn the fat on your face off too? while the rest of your body stays fat.

Abdul-Raouf
02-15-2012, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I am a fat man, but I have flat stomach.
Are u sure ?

ardianto
02-15-2012, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Are u sure ?
Everyone who know me say, I am a fat man with flat stomach.

I have been fat since I was kid around 9 years old, because I love to eat. When I was 10 my stomach was big. But then I became a swimmer. Hard training, especially prior to swimming competition, reduced my weight until normal. My stomach was flat, of course.

When I was 12 I started getting bored with swimming, but I still active in another sport, softball. Training in softball was not so hard like in swimming. That made my weight began to rise slightly, because I still love to eat, but my stomach was still flat.

When I was 13 I was getting bored with softball, and found a new hobby, cooking!. That made me very fat and big-bellied.

When I was 14 I started active in new hobby, motocross. This is a motorsport that waste much energy. I always lost weight 1-2 kilos after practive, and lost weight up to 5 kilos after a race event. So, although I still fat because I still love to eat, my stomach was enough flat.

Two thing happened when I was 19. First, I got an accident in motocross racing. Second, I began to have an interest to 'have someone'. So, I decided to retire from racing and started to diet. That's because people around me said, I would have a bigger chance to find someone if I am not fat.

I could reduce my weight until close to normal, even normal. And like I have written in another thread, I was a "lucky guy" who didn't need to approach a girl, but girls were coming to me. That's happened in that time.

Finally I marry a beautiful girl who now becomes my wife. Unfortunatelly, prior to wedding my weight began to rise again. Now I am fat, but, like I have said, I have flat stomach.

The secret?. I know, is not easy to reduce my weight, especially because my wife often cook delicious foods for me. So, I keep my stomach flat with deflate my stomach. I do it several, or even many times a day.

Frankly, three days ago, after I read this thread I asked my wife, "Is my stomach flat?". My wife answer "Yes, you are fat, but you have flat stomach". Then she smile and say again "You are a handsome fat man". .... woow!

So, it's okay if now women call me Mister Fatty, as long as I still atractive for my wife. It's makes me feel like Mister Universe. :statisfie

Muezzin
02-15-2012, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I never knew ab exercises burned fat directly on the stomach :hmm: my understanding was that any form of aerobic exercise will burn the fat on your body. Does this mean if you sit in once play all day doing face exercises you will burn the fat on your face off too? while the rest of your body stays fat.
Ab exercises build muscle rather than burn fat. So if you have a bit of a paunch and do loads of sit-ups, you won't necessarily end up with a flat stomach - you'll just strengthen the muscles behind the flab.

The best way to burn fat is cardio-vascular exercise such as jogging, etc.

The best way to lose weight in general is to eat less. Seriously.

GuestFellow
02-15-2012, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
Salaam,

Ab workouts is not good for burning fat. It's builds muscle. If your really fat, all it will do is build muscle under all that flab. It will make your belly look bigger. Aerobic workouts can give you a complete workout, but it won't necessarily tone your body...this is where ab workouts come in.

Abz2000
02-15-2012, 09:32 PM
i think your posture helps too, leave the skin there tight, less build-up, leave it sagging, more room for build-up

Perseveranze
02-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Lol, reminds me of this narration -

GuestFellow
02-15-2012, 11:33 PM
^ Not sure why I feel sad watching that video...

Perseveranze
02-16-2012, 01:40 AM
Lol, it's suppose to be funny, though with an important message.

GuestFellow
02-17-2012, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Lol, it's suppose to be funny, though with an important message.
Salaam,

Didn't that scholar past away?

Jedi_Mindset
02-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Indeed was sheikh Anwar al-awlaki (may Allah accept his martyrdom and grants him the highest rank of jannat. Ameen)

Anyway, i had kind of a fat stomach also, until i did cardio and abs training. Its kinda hard tough, but it really gives you much discipline and core strenght

Serendipity
03-03-2012, 09:57 PM
You can't spot reduce fat, everyone already said to do exercise but to actually be slim you have to stop over eating- you can't exercise a bad diet away!

Muhaba
03-06-2012, 12:53 PM
eat dates. if you use it instead of sugar, it's even better. i drink tea with dates. i see it helps lower the apetite considerably.

also, do push ups along with stomach exercises. as yes, control the amoutn and type of foods you eat.

Beardo
03-06-2012, 01:55 PM
All of you giving me advice, I wonder how ya'll look in real life. :p

Kidding. I really appreciate it. Jazakallahu Khair!

ardianto
03-06-2012, 02:03 PM
I wonder how ya'll look in real life. :p
Ardianto: Fat, wear glasses, but has flat stomach :D

Ramadan90
03-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Eat less food and do fat loss workout(running threadmill, bike). There is no other way if you want good results. You need to lose fat if you want a flat stomach.

Diet is just as important as the workout, if you overeat you will not lose any weight.

Al-bint
03-07-2012, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
So, I eventually bought myself the: 'Ab-flex'!
Lol! I have that too... though never used but yes i do have it... :)

wasalaam!

Chocolate
03-07-2012, 12:25 PM
flat stomach is so hard to get. if we give it overload(exercise way too much) it ends up in carmps, if we leave it, it's gets noticable. very hard to keep in check, wonder how many accomplish such a hard task..^o)

Muhaba
03-15-2012, 03:29 PM
All of you giving me advice, I wonder how ya'll look in real life. :p

Kidding. I really appreciate it. Jazakallahu Khair!
i wonder if our posts indicate how one might look. it would be interesting to knwo what ppl think how the other members look.

Sumaiya54
03-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Excersize and dont eat snacks.
Especially sit ups/curl up, which stengthen your core!
Insha'Allah that will work

Salaam :)

TrueStranger
03-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Do not eat any food after maghrib. Your stomach will appear flatter in the morning ;D

Marina-Aisha
03-21-2012, 08:26 PM
i really wish i had flat tummy......

جوري
04-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Stop eating the pastries you bake.. isn't it enough to smell em? :p
or get a devoted wife and one of these

situps do help, but I am a fan of just running up and down the stairs.. there's usually no one there and you can just sweat out your anger.. you can take dumbbells with you on that journey and charge your way to the top...

:w:

GuestFellow
04-22-2012, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by لميس

situps do help, but I am a fan of just running up and down the stairs.. there's usually no one there and you can just sweat out your anger.. you can take dumbbells with you on that journey and charge your way to the top...

:w:
:wa:

I find running up and down the stairs very tiring but a good workout. =/ Probably more effective than skipping.

Periwinkle18
04-23-2012, 03:17 AM
lol my mu says do ghar kay kaam (household work) u'll get a flat stomach automatically start brooming, mopping and dusting now n don't forget to do the dishes too :p

جوري
04-23-2012, 03:20 AM
:lol: he's so handy.. it is just adorable :D

Periwinkle18
04-23-2012, 03:24 AM
lol really then tell him to wash clothes too its a good exercise for the arms, guys hea in pak dun do anything!!! its the poor girls who hav to do everything...

جوري
04-23-2012, 03:32 AM
well actually I like doing the laundry.. so no I don't want other people handling it.. I have a few issues which include eggs, laundry and little kids fingers

aadil77
04-23-2012, 07:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by لميس

situps do help, but I am a fan of just running up and down the stairs..
that sounds hilarious :lol:

Periwinkle18
04-23-2012, 07:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
that sounds hilarious
buh it does work...

GuestFellow
04-23-2012, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
buh it does work...
Salaam,

It actually does work. I can skip for an hour but walking up and down the stairs is really difficult. After 20 minutes, I collapsed.

جوري
04-23-2012, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
buh it does work...
If you live in a high rise then yeah. It takes me 7 minutes and 29 sec (my personal best) to go up 37 flights of stairs.. I gain momentum and become sort of crazy by the last ten flights not sure what happens to me there..

Periwinkle18
04-24-2012, 03:48 AM
Salaam,
It actually does work. I can skip for an hour but walking up and down the stairs is really difficult. After 20 minutes, I collapsed.
i hav stairs in my house n i used to do it n lost alot of weight n wen i use to stop my legs used to wobble :p... lol buh then i got a good scolding frm mum cuz i don't need to lose, i've been told to eat n gain a lil weight then only i'll get better so i've started eating.

buh srsly stairs do help :)

GuestFellow
04-24-2012, 04:15 PM
^ My legs felt extremely heavy when running up and down the stairs. After I had a shower, I felt as though I could jump through the roof.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-12-2012, 08:04 PM

you beat me to it, although i was going to say mallet.

Qurratul Ayn
05-12-2012, 08:32 PM
:salamext:

;D ;D ;D

Brother Beardo, you've got plenty of advice here, so Insha'Allaah you shall soon acquire your flat stomach. Heed them all, or most of them, actually some of them, maybe one or two... S'all up to you

:salamext:

Muhaba
05-12-2012, 10:36 PM
one of the most important thing to do to get a flat tummy is to not eat too much at night. when your stomach is relatively empty, it tends to get flatter. also, don't over eat in the day time either. eating less, eating healthy, and doing exercise, that's the way to go. and it makes you feel better too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!