/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Regarding dating and Marriage

GodIsAll
02-17-2012, 07:26 PM
I understand that dating is not permitted in Islam. Please explain how married couples get to know one another prior to marriage to determine whether or not they are compatible and will prove to be good life partners.

Thank you for helping me with my interest and curiousity,
GIA

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dysphoricrocker
02-23-2012, 02:22 AM
They can meet each other before marriage. But in the presence of a Mahram. They are allowed to look and speak to each other and even reject the opposite gender if need be. Hopes this answered your doubt.

Salahudeen
02-23-2012, 03:19 AM
In short, they would meet in the presence of their families and talk with each other and see how they feel about each other. they can meet as many times as they feel is required as long as they're not alone and the woman has her guardian with her. For example, Man hears woman A is looking for marriage, he proposes his interest to her guardian which could be her brother or father, the father then talks to his daughter about it and if she is also interested, a meeting is arranged.

What normally happens when they meet is, the father will sit at the other end of the room so the boy and girl can talk to each other without feeling uncomfortable that a 3rd person is there.

CuriousIncident
02-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Good thread! If you don't mind me asking: In Islam, is it true that a man must get married?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
02-25-2012, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousIncident
Good thread! If you don't mind me asking: In Islam, is it true that a man must get married?
Not must, but if he has needs that only a wife can fulfil, then he should, rather than having a he should have a wife. But if he has no desire for a woman then he doesn't have to get married.

Who Am I?
02-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Must... not... rant....

CuriousIncident
02-27-2012, 05:35 AM
Does anyone know? :)

GodIsAll
02-27-2012, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dysphoricrocker
Hopes this answered your doubt.
No "doubt" really....just a curiousity.

Thank you for your insight!

GodIsAll
02-28-2012, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dysphoricrocker
Hopes this answered your doubt.
No "doubt". I was just curious as to how it all worked.

How many of these meetings, in general, does it take prior to an agreement for marriage?

CuriousIncident
03-02-2012, 07:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
Not must, but if he has needs that only a wife can fulfil, then he should, rather than having a he should have a wife. But if he has no desire for a woman then he doesn't have to get married.
Thank you. May I ask what sort of needs these are?

Chocolate
03-02-2012, 10:07 PM
yes, it's must as long as a man can afford his wife's expenses and is sane. there is a hadith if i'm not wrong, that marriage completes half of faith.(correct me if i'm wrong)

Ramadhan
03-03-2012, 01:26 AM
Depends on the man.
You need to ask your father what he needs from his wife?

~ Sabr ~
05-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Sexual needs?

dqsunday
05-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Basicallly, in Islam, having sex etc outside of marriage is wrong. (as is having sex with a woman who isn't the man's wife is wrong too) If a man can live without it, he doesn't need to marry. But, marrying completes us as man and woman were made to be partners. I don't think its manditory though, just highly recommended.

sohail1234
03-30-2013, 06:27 AM
assalam o alikum
Islam don't allow private meetings when you feel that you need to talk to your future wife, the first think all the question you want to ask her, because it is better to meet her one time to judge her personality. it is necessary for both girl and boy to meet each other in front of their families.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!