02-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Lote Tree Foundation
&
Islamic Forum Europe

Present...

UNRAVELLING THE SHARIAH CODE

What Every Muslim Should Know

10 Session Course with Ustadh Shafiur Rahman and Shaykh Mohammad Akram Nadwi

A series of classes focusing on the origins and sources of Islamic law (usul al-fiqh).

We are faced with a number of legal schools, groups and scholars all promoting different approaches to fiqh; who should we trust? Who can we follow or should we just DIY? How do we know which are accurate understandings of Shariah?

By understanding the accepted sources and methods by which Islamic law is derived, students can appreciate the beauty, complexity and diversity of fiqh. The course will explore the inner workings of Shariah including its sources, how scholars derived rulings from them, and why they differed in their methods and conclusions. Students will gain a basic understanding of usul al-fiqh to help them navigate the Islamic legal landscape with confidence.

Ustadh Shafiur Rahman began his Islamic studies under Shaykh Abdul Qayyum in London UK. He went on to study Arabic Grammar, Fiqh and Hadith under Shaykh M. Akram Nadwi from whom he received Ijazas for selected texts. In 2006 he travelled to study Shariah at the Mahad al-Fath in Damascus, Syria. He later moved to Egypt where he studied Shariah sciences privately with Scholars and at the prestigious al-Azhar University. Since 2010 he has been studying at the Hadith, Fiqh and Tafsir scholarship programme under Shaykh M. Akram Nadwi in Oxford. He holds an MSc in Addictive Behaviour, has over 15 years of professional management experience as well as almost two decades of activity, management and teaching in the UK da'wah field. He is a founding director of Angelwing Media and is currently translating classical Arabic texts into English including the forthcoming Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali's 'Bughyat al-insan fi wazaif Ramadan.'

START DATE: Tuesday 6th March 2012 (fortnightly over 10 sessions untill 10th July)

COURSE TIME: 7.30pm - 9.00pm

FEE: £65 (includes tuition, course material & refreshments)

VENUE: Room 306 (3rd Floor), London Muslim Centre, 46 Whitechapel Road, London E1 1JX

TO REGISTER:

***Please PM for registration details, as the forum is not letting us post any links***

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:

Call: 020 7456 1062
  • Open for all brothers & sisters
  • Segregated seating
  • Limited spaces available

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Who Am I?
02-20-2012, 04:11 PM
:sl:

Man, how come all you UK'ers get all of the good conferences and stuff? :hmm:

'Abd-al Latif
02-20-2012, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
:sl:

Man, how come all you UK'ers get all of the good conferences and stuff? :hmm:
:salamext:

Because we don't spend our time being a couch potato :p

Who Am I?
02-21-2012, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:salamext:

Because we don't spend our time being a couch potato :p
I can watch from my computer though, right? While I sit there eating a big bag of chips like a goon... ;D

Because hey.. it's what you do...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lote Tree
02-27-2012, 03:17 PM
:sl: Brothers and sisters! Only a few days to go till this course commences. Book your places now, through the Islamic Forum Europe website, inshaAllaah! :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!