/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What Unique SKILLS do YOU have to help the Ummah?

- Qatada -
02-23-2012, 02:43 PM
:salamext:

What Unique Skills do YOU have to help the Ummah?

This can be anything; do you know an extra language which you can write? Do you have an extra computing skill? Are you a good writer? Are you good at photoshop?

Share anything you feel you're good at on this thread, anyone who wants help from you can then ask you. Or you can ask them.

It would go something like this;

My Skills
:

- Writing
- Making Books. i.e. (Salaf Stories) (Learn Arabic in 12 colored Tables) (Qur'an - the Linguistic Miracle)
- Psychology
- Exploring ideas and giving advice.
- Have alot of experience in Da'wah (inviting to Islam) alhamdulillah. (see iDawah.com)

Skills needed
:

- Web design
- Photoshop
- Marketing websites.

Please post yours, it will be really beneficial and it will unite our efforts in Islamic causes inshaa' Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd Al-Maajid
02-23-2012, 03:50 PM
:sl:

Unfortunately, I don't have the skills that are needed. However my skills are which I use (or would) at my work. :p That's all! I am a server administrator.

- Qatada -
02-23-2012, 03:59 PM
:wasalamex

No c'mon akhi :) you're from hyderabad so you know Urdu, that's one skill. What other skills do you have which could help the Online Muslim community?

Who Am I?
02-23-2012, 04:01 PM

Ah... I have a weird sense of humor and a good radio voice?

I can write sometimes... with the proper motivation. ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
02-23-2012, 06:31 PM
i have the will to respond to the call of unity and leave my business etc, but though the spirit may be willing, the flesh is weak.
i gotta fix up.

Haya emaan
02-23-2012, 06:41 PM
not unique but a skill, i write articles and some times speeches in Urdu.

Scimitar
02-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Film making support here... Not a professional by any standard, but good enough alhamdulillah.

Give us a shout if need be. Always willing to help the ummah with whatever abilities Allah has blessed me with.

Scimi

Muezzin
02-23-2012, 09:54 PM
I can string a sentence together.

- Qatada -
02-23-2012, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
i have the will to respond to the call of unity and leave my business etc, but though the spirit may be willing, the flesh is weak.
i gotta fix up.

What skills have you gained through running your business? :)

- Qatada -
02-23-2012, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?

Ah... I have a weird sense of humor and a good radio voice?

I can write sometimes... with the proper motivation. ;D

Could you make a funny jokes or book collection with others which would help promote islam?

- Qatada -
02-23-2012, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
not unique but a skill, i write articles and some times speeches in Urdu.

That's a really good skill. If you want to get involved in a project, can you contact brother Tilmeez from these forums and tell him you want to help in an english to Urdu project. He will then tell you what to do next inshaa' Allah.

May Allah reward you, ameen.

- Qatada -
02-23-2012, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Film making support here... Not a professional by any standard, but good enough alhamdulillah.

Give us a shout if need be. Always willing to help the ummah with whatever abilities Allah has blessed me with.

Scimi

I'll be using your skills soon inshaa' Allah :D

What kind of things can you produce with your videos? High level graphics with high quality audio, or more like recorded videos on a camera with editing?

Scimitar
02-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Well, I better get explaining then.

There's 7 of us who make these films, and we work together. I only started making shorts last year May, but alhamdulillah, so far, so good.

Yes, we can produce hi-level graphics in the videos, and the audio can be cleaned up and mixed for the video too. As for the video clips themselves, well, they are only as good as the camera that took them, or the site they were pulled off. But we have a few tricks up our sleeves to make crappy clips look half decent, using a few filters and some clever effects. Same with the sound. We prefer to work with high quality footage and sound, always. But we understand that sometimes, we just have to make do with what we have lol... it's a good thing that 3 of us can use After Effects to a decent standard too. This helps to give the vids that pro touch.

I'd love to work on a project with IslamicBoard, and for the sake of educating Muslims or for giving dawah.

Let me know what you'd like us to do, I'll involve all 7 of us in this one insha-Allah

Scimi

Amat Allah
02-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

You allready knew mine Akhi so, if you need me for help then tell me and I am ready in shaa Allah...

Abz2000
02-24-2012, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
What skills have you gained through running your business?
well u automatically increase experience in bargaining, judging responses and the likelihood of acceptance or rejection,
you learn to only put a deal on the table that ur willing to go through with without bluffing or making empty threats or promises
you learn that sustenance is from Allah and not from ur boss - well Allah is your only boss so you learn to submit and follow orders of none but Him
you learn to deal with workers and how to be understanding of shortcomings.
you learn to create ur own space and set the rules
and you learn to keep track of a million things happening at the same time - though i sometimes just stop and leave it all to pile up.
and most importantly, you learn to give up your time to go to events so you learn sacrifice and you don't have to ask someone else's permission to do so.

i can try help with vids too, but i don't normally go into spending time on visuals,
if u need any vinyl banners, t-shirts, business cards or anything, lemme know.
and i can also help with basic website building, html not asp.
and if u need any computer parts or have any issues with them i can do my best InshaAllah.

wot u thinking of?

Who Am I?
02-24-2012, 04:19 AM

Could you make a funny jokes or book collection with others which would help promote islam?
*is somewhat serious this time*

I.... haven't really thought about that, honestly. I'll see what I can do...

Periwinkle18
02-24-2012, 07:47 AM
hmm im gr8 with kids, m good at singing nasheeds n all and telling stories to kids :p
good at making presentations for kids
am a good cook :p
good at doing anything creative,making cards,jewellery etc
i know urdu its not that good buh i can sort of translate eng to urdu.
hmm cant think of more

oh n i can make frnds easily :)

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-24-2012, 08:44 AM

No c'mon akhi :) you're from hyderabad so you know Urdu, that's one skill. What other skills do you have which could help the Online Muslim community?
Yes, I know Urdu, I can translate articles to Urdu. :p
...aaand...I cant think of any more skills atm...

- Qatada -
02-25-2012, 07:41 AM
:salamext: Periwinkle, why don't you try to make Islamic fun stories for children? Or some fun games kids can play? I'll try to help with ideas and maybe if someone is a good drawer, I can get their help too for this project. I'm also trying to contact a Muslim board game company but they're not replying yet.

Periwinkle18
02-25-2012, 08:04 AM
:salamext: Periwinkle, why don't you try to make Islamic fun stories for children? Or some fun games kids can play? I'll try to help with ideas and maybe if someone is a good drawer, I can get their help too for this project. I'm also trying to contact a Muslim board game company but they're not replying yet.

thts a good idea buh i don't think im good at writing stories :p inshaAllah will try :) im Ok at drawing i love dng anything creative :) i made sum pics for the presentation im making for the kids at my skool, i just wish i get some free time my boss keeps giving me things to do i've got to make 36 presentations in a year for one class and i hav 3 classes :S

A board game wow thts gr8 wht kind of board game r u planning to make??

'Aleena
02-25-2012, 09:35 AM
I don't have any at the moment. Would love to have one...

Haya emaan
02-25-2012, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Aleena
I don't have any at the moment. Would love to have one...
that's not the case..
you haven't discovered yourself yet.

in addition to previous skill
i m good at drawing and do paintings but still in a process of discovering how can this help ummah

- Qatada -
02-25-2012, 12:11 PM
:salamext: Periwinkle, tell us the 36 presentations you need to complete and maybe the people good at art can help you. When they help you, maybe you can also share your skills to help them in the future. This is how sharing skills will be useful for both groups.

- Qatada -
02-25-2012, 12:14 PM
:salamext: Aleena, you're from India so you know another language - that is a skill. Also you probably enjoy something in life so use your interest in that to share your knowledge about it to benefit us.

- Qatada -
02-25-2012, 12:16 PM
:salamext: Muslima haya - can you share some of your drawings/paintings so we can see how you can use them skills for future projects?

- Qatada -
02-25-2012, 12:19 PM
:salamext: The board game idea I was talking about is really exciting but the problem is that the company isn't responding to me. I will try to explain the idea when someone starts making it otherwise everyone will be let down (because it can't be made.)

GuestFellow
02-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Salaam,

The skills below are not unique but here goes...

1. Pitman shorthand
2. Working knowledge of Sage software (production, payroll, ACT and 50)
3. Working knowledge of Microsoft programs like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
4. Drafting reports
5. Interpreting data
6. Dealing with customers and complaints

Periwinkle18
02-25-2012, 01:03 PM
:salamext: Periwinkle, tell us the 36 presentations you need to complete and maybe the people good at art can help you. When they help you, maybe you can also share your skills to help them in the future. This is how sharing skills will be useful for both groups.
i would love to share the presentations i've made buh the thing is im working under some one im only allowed to show it buh others arnt allowed to use it rite now, my head says he wants to try them on our kids at skool first and if they understand then only he'll tell me if im allowed to share it with others if u want i can mail one of the presentations to you and u can see how i've made it and if anyone wants can make one like mines :)

the topic i've got rite now is habits im using sean covey's book buh its not just 7 habits some sis in the development team is cumming up with more habits so inshaAllah will be making presentations for them too.

it'll be gr8 if someone helps me with them :)

Innocent Soul
02-25-2012, 01:34 PM
I like reading moral and inspirational stories. I know how to explain things in an easy way. I know hindi and urdu. I am not perfect and don't know the meaning of too difficult words.I don't know whether it would be helpful and maybe just any other unique talent but as muslima haya said I think I need to discover it.

Bro - Qatada - It's so good to know that you are trying to find the advantage and the use of the talent everyone has in here. :)

ardianto
02-25-2012, 01:56 PM

I can get their help too for this project.
Project? what project? build an Islamic website?

If you want to make Indonesian language section, don't be hesitate to contact me. My scores in Bahasa Indonesia subject when I was in school were always good.

Haya emaan
02-25-2012, 02:29 PM
:salamext: Muslima haya - can you share some of your drawings/paintings so we can see how you can use them skills for future projects?
walaikum assalam.

sure, here you can find some of my work
my paintings

Who Am I?
02-25-2012, 04:43 PM
:salamext: The board game idea I was talking about is really exciting but the problem is that the company isn't responding to me. I will try to explain the idea when someone starts making it otherwise everyone will be let down (because it can't be made.)

I did have a gaming project in mind once, but I'm not entirely sure whether or not it is appropriate for these forums.

- Qatada -
02-25-2012, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

The skills below are not unique but here goes...

1. Pitman shorthand
2. Working knowledge of Sage software (production, payroll, ACT and 50)
3. Working knowledge of Microsoft programs like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
4. Drafting reports
5. Interpreting data
6. Dealing with customers and complaints

How do you think you can use them skills to benefit Muslims akhi? :) It would be interesting to know...

format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
i would love to share the presentations i've made buh the thing is im working under some one im only allowed to show it buh others arnt allowed to use it rite now, my head says he wants to try them on our kids at skool first and if they understand then only he'll tell me if im allowed to share it with others if u want i can mail one of the presentations to you and u can see how i've made it and if anyone wants can make one like mines :)

the topic i've got rite now is habits im using sean covey's book buh its not just 7 habits some sis in the development team is cumming up with more habits so inshaAllah will be making presentations for them too.

it'll be gr8 if someone helps me with them :)

It does seem like alot of work, I would like to help really but I am stuck in many other projects.. maybe some sister will be willing to pm you to help, i hope so.

format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
I like reading moral and inspirational stories. I know how to explain things in an easy way. I know hindi and urdu. I am not perfect and don't know the meaning of too difficult words.I don't know whether it would be helpful and maybe just any other unique talent but as muslima haya said I think I need to discover it.

Bro - Qatada - It's so good to know that you are trying to find the advantage and the use of the talent everyone has in here. :)

They are really good skills, my request to all members on this forum would be to make a thread with their own language in the Languages section. (do it in the Urdu section). So no matter what language some people speak, they should have their own thread and they should unite their. So if someone comes on the forum speaking that language, everyone can unite in that language thread and teach that person about Islam.

So maybe all the hindi writers can make a section? I think there is already an Urdu one so that's okay. We now need a Hindi, Bengali, Indonesian, Malay, Spanish (and any other language thread) especially if you know how to write that language and its script (in its real text form.)

So my request to you sister is to make a Hindi thread, because in a project i need help to translate a file into Hindi. Then anyone interested in the hindi (knowing Hindi) thread could help...

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

Project? what project? build an Islamic website?

If you want to make Indonesian language section, don't be hesitate to contact me. My scores in Bahasa Indonesia subject when I was in school were always good.

Do you know javanese indonesian akhi? :)

walaikum assalam.

sure, here you can find some of my work
my paintings

Wow maa shaa' Allah those pictures are awesome! Did you create them with your imagination or did you copy off something else?

I have a BIG project which i've always wanted someone to complete. But it can only happen if you've got a really good imagination, and if you're good at drawing and coloring.

So if you drew those pictures through your imagination, my project is like this and it will be used for Da'wah and many other things too.

It is to do a drawing and painting of the Description of Paradise which is mentioned by Ibn al Qayyim, the description is here;

http://www.islamicboard.com/hereafte...al-qayyim.html

Do you think you can work with other people (or yourself) to work on such a massive project? If you did, that would be amazing... and your skills of painting would be used for da'wah (i would spread it alot inshaa' Allah to alot of places.)

format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?

I did have a gaming project in mind once, but I'm not entirely sure whether or not it is appropriate for these forums.

Tell me about it bro, it could be turned into a dawah kind of thing... :)

Periwinkle18
02-25-2012, 05:46 PM
It does seem like alot of work, I would like to help really but I am stuck in many other projects.. maybe some sister will be willing to pm you to help, i hope so.

aww jazakAllah i do need help in finding pictures n stuff hope someone helps me :) May Allah help u with ur other projects :)

i really like this thread :)

- Qatada -
02-25-2012, 06:05 PM

Make a new thread on it and we will all try to help you whenever we're able inshaa' Allah.

Haya emaan
02-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Walaikum Assalam

Brother, being student of Arts i have to work out a lot with my imagination in my drawings and other things but as for these painting i m relatively new with using oil paints (started with it just few months back). so i m still in the learning stage. i have always taken inspiration from nature and want to depict it in my work. So basically these are the combination of the 'actual picture of nature' as well as my imagination.

as for the project, its really an amazing project! and if i tell you i have thought of this by my self too..
some time before when i first read this description of jannah i said to my self one day i will be able to try show some thing like this (of course no one can show the real one) in my painting InshaAllah! and i bookmarked the page.. its still there but i haven't done any thing with it yet because i think i have to work a lot with this before starting it. It will need lots of practice and time for me.. and my studies aren't allowing me for it now..
But it is some thing i really want to do and InshaAllah i will do.. may be not soon but as soon as i will be able to do it..
and if you think i can work for your project in any way i will try my best.. may be this way i can make some space in my time too and will get lots of help. i want to use skills Allah has granted me in His way.

may Allah accept your efforts and mine and all those who are struggling in His way..ameen

GuestFellow
02-25-2012, 06:38 PM

How do you think you can use them skills to benefit Muslims akhi? :) It would be interesting to know...
:wa:

Once I have completed my accounting exams, I think I will help Muslim organisations with their finances.

Salahudeen
02-25-2012, 06:45 PM

Once I have completed my accounting exams, I think I will help Muslim organisations with their finances.
;) I could use your services when you're qualified, no dodgy business though don't worry ;D

- Qatada -
02-25-2012, 06:47 PM

That's a good long term plan, what do you think about short term? :)

- Qatada -
02-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Walaikum Assalam

Brother, being student of Arts i have to work out a lot with my imagination in my drawings and other things but as for these painting i m relatively new with using oil paints (started with it just few months back). so i m still in the learning stage. i have always taken inspiration from nature and want to depict it in my work. So basically these are the combination of the 'actual picture of nature' as well as my imagination.

as for the project, its really an amazing project! and if i tell you i have thought of this by my self too..
some time before when i first read this description of jannah i said to my self one day i will be able to try show some thing like this (of course no one can show the real one) in my painting InshaAllah! and i bookmarked the page.. its still there but i haven't done any thing with it yet because i think i have to work a lot with this before starting it. It will need lots of practice and time for me.. and my studies aren't allowing me for it now..
But it is some thing i really want to do and InshaAllah i will do.. may be not soon but as soon as i will be able to do it..
and if you think i can work for your project in any way i will try my best.. may be this way i can make some space in my time too and will get lots of help. i want to use skills Allah has granted me in His way.

may Allah accept your efforts and mine and all those who are struggling in His way..ameen

Ameen.

I really would want to help give you ideas for this project because i've wanted to use the picture for da'wah and other unique projects (i'm not good at drawing but i could give you ideas as much as i can..)

So whenever you have free time, would you be able to..?

GuestFellow
02-25-2012, 06:57 PM

That's a good long term plan, what do you think about short term? :)

I think in February 2013 I will qualify, as long as I pass my exams. As for now, too busy to help anyone, other than give donations...

At the moment, my aim is to learn as many skills as I can. In my spare time, I'm preparing to take exams in wills and estate, so I can help others for free.

GuestFellow
02-25-2012, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
;) I could use your services when you're qualified, no dodgy business though don't worry ;D
Salaam,

Dodgy business dealings is my speciality... :skeleton:

I hate HM Revenue and Customs, so annoying...

Haya emaan
02-25-2012, 07:18 PM

Ameen.

I really would want to help give you ideas for this project because i've wanted to use the picture for da'wah and other unique projects (i'm not good at drawing but i could give you ideas as much as i can..)

So whenever you have free time, would you be able to..?
ya sure, i would love to work on it..

- Qatada -
02-25-2012, 07:38 PM

If you want, make a new thread and maybe more people will also share ideas with you.. ask what areas you need ideas in and we can give you some.

An idea i've got is maybe something like this;

You make some gates open, and from the gates there is a pathway which goes all the way forward. And infront of the path there is a building (or a few). On the side of it there is 3 rivers side by side (one of golden color = honey, another white (milk), another silverish (water)).

The floor is colored, maybe a few gems / pearls on it (the rocks of jannah). Maybe a tree with some fruits, and sometimes even clothes growing off it (because there is a tree in jannah like that.)*

*Ahmad Ibn Jareer and Ibn Hibbaan report from Abu Sa'eed al-Khudri that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said
, "Tooba is a tree in Paradise, as big as a hundred year's journey; the clothes of the people of Paradise comes from its calyces [the outer parts of its flowers]" [Silsilat al-Hadith as-Saheehah, 4/639, no. 1985, the isnaad is hasan]

So there are alot of ideas.. you don't have to have too much objects in quantity, but rather just in quality (so maybe one or two of each main object) to emphasise the description of jannah.

At the end we could even add the ibn al qayyim poem at the back of the picture so people could search those objects in the picture. It would be really amazing this way..

Periwinkle18
02-25-2012, 07:41 PM
You make some gates open, and from the gates there is a pathway which goes all the way forward. And infront of the path there is a building (or a few). On the side of it there is 3 rivers side by side (one of golden color = honey, another white (milk), another silverish (water)).
The floor is colored, maybe a few gems / pearls on it (the rocks of jannah). Maybe a tree with some fruits, and sometimes even clothes growing off it (because there is a tree in jannah like that.)*
the picture would be beautiful i wanna see the pic afta sis haya makes it m sure she'll do a good job her paintings r amazing :)

GuestFellow
02-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Salaam,

Can someone give me a list of skills to learn to help Muslims? My background is business, finance, statistics, legal and mediation.

- Qatada -
02-25-2012, 07:49 PM

Bro Tragic Typos, i'm thinking of some ideas for you.. may Allah accept you into His Paradise, and us for wanting to help the Ummah for the pleasure of Allah.

Haya emaan
02-25-2012, 08:26 PM

If you want, make a new thread and maybe more people will also share ideas with you.. ask what areas you need ideas in and we can give you some.

An idea i've got is maybe something like this;

*Ahmad Ibn Jareer and Ibn Hibbaan report from Abu Sa'eed al-Khudri that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said
, "Tooba is a tree in Paradise, as big as a hundred year's journey; the clothes of the people of Paradise comes from its calyces [the outer parts of its flowers]" [Silsilat al-Hadith as-Saheehah, 4/639, no. 1985, the isnaad is hasan]

So there are alot of ideas.. you don't have to have too much objects in quantity, but rather just in quality (so maybe one or two of each main object) to emphasise the description of jannah.

At the end we could even add the ibn al qayyim poem at the back of the picture so people could search those objects in the picture. It would be really amazing this way..

its really very nice idea... MashaAllah! will be very helpful
i will have to do proper planning for this work before making the ideas thread. will do it soon InshaAllah
now m feeling really motivated towards this work...

JazakAllah khair brother.
may Allah reward you for your efforts. ameen

joyous fairy
02-25-2012, 08:40 PM
I dont have many.

Maybe writing essays and reports, and researching particular topics.

- Qatada -
02-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Salaam,

Can someone give me a list of skills to learn to help Muslims? My background is business, finance, statistics, legal and mediation.

Maybe we can get a better idea what kind of projects you can do by finding out what kind of jobs would be available for you once you passed your exams inshaa' Allah?

format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
I dont have many.

That's a really good skill, what kind of areas are you knowledgeable about or find interest in which you feel you could write about? (islamic or otherwise?)

joyous fairy
02-25-2012, 08:53 PM

That's a really good skill, what kind of areas are you knowledgeable about or find interest in which you feel you could write about? (islamic or otherwise?)

Well, I did a degree in Sociology and Im currently learning to teach. And volunteering as an ESOL teacher.

Salahudeen
02-25-2012, 09:34 PM
I dont have many.

Want to write my dissertation for me? :hmm:

- Qatada -
02-25-2012, 10:02 PM

That's how we should work together :) And in return you should also provide some benefit...

Scimitar
02-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Bartering... I like it. This is sunnah money :)

- Qatada -
02-25-2012, 10:11 PM

Bro Scimitar, don't worry bro. I'm going to have some challenging vids for you to make sometime soon inshaa' Allah :p

Who Am I?
02-25-2012, 10:24 PM

Tell me about it bro, it could be turned into a dawah kind of thing... :)
I'll get it to you in PM as it might be a touch dark for some brothers and sisters...

Scimitar
02-25-2012, 11:10 PM

Bro Scimitar, don't worry bro. I'm going to have some challenging vids for you to make sometime soon inshaa' Allah :p
...Starts biting nails in anticipation...

Can you atleast give us some hints as to what this project is about? The curiosity is killing me... purr purr.

Scimi

joyous fairy
02-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Want to write my dissertation for me? :hmm:
yes, How much are you willing to pay me? :p

Salahudeen
02-26-2012, 01:04 AM

yes, How much are you willing to pay me? :p
£200 :p

joyous fairy
02-26-2012, 02:22 AM
£200 :p
Sorry I charge a pound a word ;D

How many words does your dissertation have to be and whats the topic? I can look through it and give you advice. I can remember doing my one and I enjoyed it for the most part (except the methods part, that was just annoying).

Scimitar
02-26-2012, 02:44 AM
I can make you customised avatars if you want... I'm ok on photoshop too. Forgot to mention that...

for the record, sis Joyous Fairy's avatar was made by me :) it looks nice doesn't it?

Scimi

ardianto
02-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Do you know javanese indonesian akhi?

I understand Javanese language, both "ngoko" and "kromo inggil". But I cannot speak Javanese properly.

West Java, the place I was born and living now is not the land of Javanese, but land of Sundanese who speak their own language.

Al-Mufarridun
02-26-2012, 12:59 PM

Salaam,

To help others one of the most important skill we need to develop is the skill of influence. We need to learn how to influence, persuade and inspire others and ourselves. This is a crucial skill in life, specially in Dawah, whether we are giving it to a stranger or our own children.

To help other Muslims with your background Akhee, I would advice you to seek unique and persuasive ways you could advice Muslims to handle their finances as individuals, families, or as businesses. What tips would you give to Muslim students, parents, business owners, or even Muslim children? You probably have heard of the question; "How should a child spend a dollar?", maybe you could ask instead; "How should a Muslim Child spend a dollar?"

You could also take your financial concepts and Islamisize them. for example in retirement planning, there are those who set their financial goals and plan for their retirement. They follow strict plans so that they may retire at a certain age or in a certain location, with a certain kind of life style. They discipline themselves, make many sacrifices, always seek advices for their retirement etc. Now you can flip that and remind Muslims that they too are on a retirement plan, its just that instead of desiring to retire in Florida, we Muslims desire to Retire in Firdows Al A'la. Florida vs. Firdows, compare and contrast. reclining on a wheelchair with Tom and Bob or reclining on lofty beds with Muhammad(pbuh) and Gibreel(as).

Train your mind to always seek ways it can convert, translate your knowledge in these fields into an Islamically acceptable concept, idea, tool. And this is an advice for all of us, no matter what fields we are in. If you are a painter, doctor, lawyer, teacher, mother, always ask yourself, 'how can I use this skill/talent, to help myself, others, while still submitted to Allah?" "How can I do this while still submitted to Allah?" "How can I use this while still submitted to Allah?

So once you have found and developed skills, talents, ideas, tools that would benefit the Ummah, then the second stage is to find ways you can present, share these ideas with others. So maybe you'll need to develop the skill of public speaking if you want to give speeches to large number of people, or maybe the skill of writing if you want to reach even a larger number of people. Maybe blogging or video blogging, these will again probably require that you develop some more unique skills.

So these are the two basic skills we need; Always seeking ways to please Allah swt by discovering the unique skills and talents He(swt) gave us and the ways we can help ourselves and others with those unique skills and talents. And then developing those, or new, skills and talents continually so that we can help ourselves and others even better. So Discover and Develop then Distribute.

Now the highest aspirations we all have, as Muslims is Akhirah, to Please Allah swt so that we are saved from Nar and enter Jannah. Wisdom then tells us we must use these skills and talents towards our main goal, Akhirah.

(Al-Israa v.36) إِنَّ السَّمْعَ وَالْبَصَرَ وَالْفُؤَادَ كُلُّ أُولَٰئِكَ كَانَ عَنْهُ مَسْئُولا

Who Am I?
02-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Brother Qatada, PM is sent.

tayek1967
05-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Understanding your mssion i'm glad to knowing some things in future. but now i'm sharing a book about Islam which i like just reading. please suggest me what is better for ummah. thanks

Hulk
05-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Wow this is Fard Kifayah isn't it?

Periwinkle18
05-09-2012, 12:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Wow this is Fard Kifayah isn't it?
really??

Hulk
05-09-2012, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
really??
I think so at least from what I know. In a muslim community everyone must know their fard ain. Fard kifayah on the other hand often refers to knowledge that is only required for one person to possess and he will lead the community when required. While usually referred to in terms of religious practices I think it is not limited to it.

One of the reasons why the muslims in the past were very advanced was because they had at least one person specializing in a particular field to contribute to the ummah.

Allahu alam!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!