/* */

PDA

View Full Version : anxiety - Why?

Jinko
02-25-2012, 04:56 AM
Dear Brothers and Sisters

I hope you can guide me through my anxiety and sometimes a little bit of depression

First of all i'm happy married and have 2 small kids. I'm almost 26 years old, with a good paying job. There is just my problem that i think that gets a bigger problem by the time goes. I feel anxiety (with a small depression) without reason in my daily life. If i can't get something done i get anxiety easily for the smallest reason.

Is there anywhere in the Quran that mention this illness or any guide for a start?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TrueStranger
02-25-2012, 05:35 AM
Salaam Aliakum

We all have anxiety in our lives, some more than others. Some of us usually experience anxiety to counter negative events, which we assume will happen in the near future. These events could relate to financial, social, or our environment. You’re probably a future oriented individual who likes to take as little risk as possible, and be certain that his future is secured. That is completely normal. Just reassure your self that all things will get done, it’s just a matter of time. Being time oriented is normal, just expand the time you give yourself to achieve anything. If you can’t get something done, give it another try or change your methods.

The Qu’ran always helps especially when you feel anxiety. I know that it’s not easy to just change one’s mood quickly, but try to read one a Surah from the Quran, or just listen to the Quran being recited…..concentrate on the words and after few minutes or an hour return to your task.

I honestly hope that helps. And if that doesn’t work. Pick up a pen and small notebook, and express your anxiety through words. Then read your notes again when you are calm. There is multiple ways of self-reflection, emotional self-reflection is just one of them.

Jinko
02-25-2012, 06:24 AM
I wish i could read and understand Quran. I'm not arabic. I can learn to read but i would never understand our beautyfull Quran

Hamza Asadullah
03-06-2012, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jinko
Dear Brothers and Sisters

I hope you can guide me through my anxiety and sometimes a little bit of depression

First of all i'm happy married and have 2 small kids. I'm almost 26 years old, with a good paying job. There is just my problem that i think that gets a bigger problem by the time goes. I feel anxiety (with a small depression) without reason in my daily life. If i can't get something done i get anxiety easily for the smallest reason.

Is there anywhere in the Quran that mention this illness or any guide for a start?
:sl:

Please read through the following threads and ponder and contemplate over them and you will find much peace and solace inshallah:

10 Ways To Overcome Sadness & depression

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...e-sadness.html

How To Get Through Hardships & Trials in life!

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ials-life.html

If you need anymore help then please do not hesitate to ask.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!