/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reps

aadil77
02-26-2012, 01:51 PM
How does this rep system work? everytime I want to rep someone it says 'spread around reps'

What if I don't want to rep other users?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
02-26-2012, 01:56 PM
What do you think would happen if a couple of trolls started repping each other non stop?

Tilmeez
02-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Not sure about new settings earlier it was like you can give reps 10 times per day and it won't allow you to rep same user until you give reps to 5 other users.

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
In that case feel free to rep me or ME:p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-26-2012, 10:43 PM
As'Salaamu Alaaykum

If the rep is really important, might as well Pm them or post a message on their VM page..

Or the other way is to read through some good beneficial threads and rep those of who's post you liked and then surely you'll get a chance to rep them. That way you'll have learnt something or benefited yourself in some way aswell..Hope that makes sense..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
02-27-2012, 12:07 PM
A brother gave me reps because he need to spread around reps before he could gave reps to "targeted member".

aadil77
02-27-2012, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
A brother gave me reps because he need to spread around reps before he could gave reps to "targeted member".
I've repped everyone in this thread so far!

Tilmeez
02-27-2012, 01:54 PM
I've repped everyone in this thread so far!
Yeah I can see that but those reps were rotten, God knows how long you have been holding them tight, and reacted with fresh reps of mine and destroyed them all... only a fewer could survive imsad

PS: Now please don't ask me what happened! Its simple to understand, NO?:raging:

peace_maker
02-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Then, you wouldn't get any either. ;D

I don't know it works but I'd like to call it 'Give and Take policy.'

Scimitar
02-28-2012, 04:40 AM
isn't rep just massaging our own egos here? Am I the only one who sees this? Also, targetting people for rep - isn't that abusing the repping system?

Blargh... I don't know why I just spoilt all your fun... feel free to neg-rep me.

Scimi

AabiruSabeel
02-28-2012, 04:34 PM
During my time as a Full Member I had discovered a work around to rep the same person more than 6 times in a single day with the same above mentioned restrictions in place.

Keep looking and you might figure it out. :X

Scimitar
02-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Admin privileges, maybe? ;D

AabiruSabeel
02-28-2012, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Admin privileges, maybe? ;D
That was when I was a Full Member. I wasn't an admin from day 1.

Btw, admins don't have those restrictions.

Periwinkle18
02-28-2012, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
During my time as a Full Member I had discovered a work around to rep the same person more than 6 times in a single day with the same above mentioned restrictions in place.
really wow

Marina-Aisha
03-03-2012, 02:39 PM
didnt wannt make another thread but its the same subject how comes it sometimes takes a while for my reps to go through?

Abdul-Raouf
03-03-2012, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

Keep looking and you might figure it out. :X
You had one account only right ? (eh... oh my thoughtful thought :))

Tilmeez
03-03-2012, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
didnt wannt make another thread but its the same subject how comes it sometimes takes a while for my reps to go through?
They go through instantly but system provide you a time buffer of some three to five minutes in which you can undo your given reps (Provided that Receiver has not seen them in his/her UserCP in that case you can not undo them).

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
You had one account only right ? (eh... oh my thoughtful thought )
More than one account is not allowed here:hiding: Its possible with single account. I won't tell anyone that he had explained how it worked.

Abdul-Raouf
03-03-2012, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
They go through instantly but system provide you a time buffer of some three to five minutes in which you can undo your given reps (Provided that Receiver has not seen them in his/her UserCP in that case you can not undo them).

More than one account is not allowed here:hiding: Its possible with single account. I won't tell anyone that he had explained how it worked.
:hmm:...So its an IT fellow's miss in the code??... restrictin the main way with a dummy tooltip/pop-up message..and allowin to by-pass... mmm .. i think.. when u choose a different sub-forum/section there wud be a chance to rep the same person again...

AabiruSabeel
03-03-2012, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
So its an IT fellow's miss in the code??
No, it is not a technical glitch. It's just a trick, a work around to the existing restrictions.

Marina-Aisha
03-03-2012, 08:01 PM
really i swear i got a rep to someone and it hasnt gone through yet

Tilmeez
03-04-2012, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ya7ya
Where did you get that from?
You can see it yourself... give me reps Grrr I mean give reps to anyone go to your UserCP, withing there minutes, go to given reps and you will see a DELETE button under the Reps you just gave out to me :raging:

Edit:
... and to catch that delete button you have to reach to your UserCP withing 60 Sconds (now the button will not disappear untill you refresh the page) and you will be able to delete the last given reps.

AabiruSabeel
03-04-2012, 04:43 PM
^ He means to say that there is no such thing as not being able to delete the given rep if the recipient views it within those 5 mins.

Marina-Aisha
03-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Hummmm maybe I didn't do it right cos rep someone else it went straight away. Whatever man

Periwinkle18
03-09-2012, 05:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
ya ur rite there is a delete button

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!