/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Surahs

White Rose
02-27-2012, 04:25 PM
:sl:

I wanted to know if I can read a Surah for someone else like someone in my family because they dont read it? Will they get the benefit even if I read for them?
Also, if I want to read a certain Surah for more than one person (lets say three people), will I have to read the Surah 3 times or can I just read it one time with the intention of reading it for 3 people?

JazakAllah for your replies.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
White Rose
03-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Bump:X

ardianto
03-03-2012, 07:09 AM
Assalamualaikum.

Recite Qur'an is an ibadah, and anyone who recite Qur'an will get reward. I am sure you know about it, sister.

I just guess, you asked these questions because you saw some people around you did not, or never, recite Qur'an. And you want to represent them to recite Qur'an to make them get reward from Qur'an recitation that you will do. Or in another words, you perform ibadah but you expect you can transfer the reward to them.

Is it what you mean?

White Rose
03-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Actually, I want to recite not in front of them, but for them. For example, if I want to recite or read Surah Mulk for someone in my family and myself, can I do that? If I can, will they get the reward as well?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
03-04-2012, 02:35 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by arjmand
I wanted to know if I can read a Surah for someone else like someone in my family because they dont read it? Will they get the benefit even if I read for them?
Just like you can't offer salaat on behalf of anyone else, and we all have to perform our own salaah, the same way you cannot recite Qur'an on behalf of someone else.

Fatwa No : 91397
Reciting the Quran on behalf of someone else
Fatwa Date : Safar 21, 1427 / 22-3-2006

Question

My father is illiterate; he can neither read nor write, so he misses the goodness and the blessing that are in reading the Quran. Is it permissible for me to recite the Quran on his behalf, and how should I make my intention? If this is not permissible, what could I do on his behalf so that he may get the same reward of someone who reads the Quran?

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger. We ask Allaah to exalt his mention as well as that of his family and all his companions.

Reciting the Quran is a physical act of worship, and it is not permissible to offer a physical act of worship on behalf of someone else with the exception of Hajj and 'Umrah on behalf of a handicap and the like. However, it is not permissible for a person to perform the prayer or recite the Quran on behalf of another person. There are many actions of goodness which your father could perform, like listening to the Quran as much as he can and recite the short chapters, especially chapters one and 112, and verse 255 from chapter 2, and should mention Allaah, offer supererogatory prayers, and give charity as much as possible. He may also perform other acts of obedience for which he will be rewarded. You should advise him, encourage him and help him in doing so.

Allaah Knows best.
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=91397 (sourced from http://www.searching-islam.com/)

And Allah knows best in all matters.

White Rose
03-04-2012, 11:12 PM
JazakAllah.
Also, one more question, though it may sound repititive. What if I want to read the Surah for their protection or as in Surah Mulk's case, to protect them from the wrath? Is that permissible?

ardianto
03-06-2012, 02:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by arjmand
What if I want to read the Surah for their protection or as in Surah Mulk's case, to protect them from the wrath? Is that permissible?
This is considered as make du'a. We can make du'a for someone else, wish Allah gives him/her protection, happiness, or other good things.

White Rose
03-08-2012, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
This is considered as make du'a. We can make du'a for someone else, wish Allah gives him/her protection, happiness, or other good things.
JazakAllah for clearing that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!