/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Journey to the heart of Islam - in the British Museum?

Scimitar
02-29-2012, 02:57 PM
I came home to find a pamphlet in the letter box.

Attachment 4671

For more info, visit http://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/exhibitions/hajj.aspx

I
'm thinking of attending. On the back of the pamphlet it mentions that there will be an exhibition catalogue for sale, £25 paperback and £40 hardback... I'm interested in what these contain. If they have good images, then I may have to invest. I really love old photos of Makka. Trying to build a nice collection.

Exhibition Catalogue

This richly illustrated publication explores the history and significance of Hajj. £40 hardback, £25 paperback. Available from Museum shops and britishmuseum.org/shop
I remember attending the Riyadh exhibition with my father, back in the 80's. That event was also sponsored by the House of Saud... they gave away free Qurans that day... fat chance they'll do the same these days... but you never know.

Either way, I'm thinking of going, but it would be nice to meet up with fellow London based LI members and attend together.

If anyone is interested in attending, please post here...

I haven't decided when I want to go really, and the exhibition is open until 15th of April. So... we got time to plan it insha-Allah.

Ok, let's get the ball rolling.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!